Advantages of being higher level in warzones?

FlyingCabbage

Hello, I was just hoping someone would be able to outline the exact benefits of being at a higher level despite the bolster system. The only thing that comes to my mind so far is the fact that you get to spend more skill points in your trees. What other advantage would a level 50 have over a level 15 for example?

Thanks in advance.

There's a pvp stat as well that you have more access to once your 50 which is basically covered on the PVP gear. You can get your health pool much higher than the typical person under 50.

my lvl 50 sorc in full lvl 50 gear with epic augments has less hp than all lvl 10-13 using their starter gear... it's so lame how the scaling works, it's much better to NOT be 50 unless you have full rank 60 pvp gear (which takes forever to get).

While the system is interesting, if you try fighting someone of a lower level than you are, unless they are quite skilled, they will go down without too much contest.

All I see this system giving is that when you are ~10 levels above is that when you kill your enemy, you aren't left standing with 100% health. I am still relatively low level, however I am 26. Will a lvl 16 beat me? If he's really damn good - yes. If he is just about as skilled as I am - not really, no.

The system does not make you stronger, it might increase your HP or damage, but otherwise I do not see it work practically. If you are out-leveled by more than a few levels, then your best option is to gang up on the guy, otherwise you WILL loose that fight

my lvl 50 sorc in full lvl 50 gear with epic augments has less hp than all lvl 10-13 using their starter gear... it's so lame how the scaling works, it's much better to NOT be 50 unless you have full rank 60 pvp gear (which takes forever to get).

How much health do you have? I'm cybertech so I keep my mods up to date generally and my sorc has over 13k in warzones. I'm level 42. 13k is more than most that i've seen. Obviously there are classes that will have more or less health than others so maybe that's the issue you're seeing. When I max out and replace greens with purples I imagine my health will continue to increase. Time will tell.