Real reason Sins got buffed

Lhancelot

Cartel Market numbers came in and 2h Pikes were not selling as BW had anticipated. Double LS/Pikes now selling like hot cakes!

While I like your theory, I think the reasons here are much simpler...

Sins were just not good after they got nerfed in 5.0 and there were a lot of requests to make them viable and in their typical fashion the combat team made them so by taking some things to the extremes.

The only people complaining about sins are ranked players(5%) of the entire players and we shall see if that justification enough to Bioware to make changes to it. For the rest of the player base sins are fine. ;)

Also.. don't forget that this game is PVE oriented and most likely PVP was not really considered when making changes to classes for Onslaught. :o

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Cartel Market numbers came in and 2h Pikes were not selling as BW had anticipated. Double LS/Pikes now selling like hot cakes!

The tinfoil hat wearing part of my personality wants to say "oh yeah, I believe that". The part of me that actually has played 'sins/shadows since RotHC, not so much, since despite any changes, I didn't actually buy 'em. I do like that I can play my story missions on 'em now, as compared to right after the nerf, where I couldn't. Maybe that has something to do with it?

While I like your theory, I think the reasons here are much simpler...

Sins were just not good after they got nerfed in 5.0 and there were a lot of requests to make them viable and in their typical fashion the combat team made them so by taking some things to the extremes.

The only people complaining about sins are ranked players(5%) of the entire players and we shall see if that justification enough to Bioware to make changes to it. For the rest of the player base sins are fine. ;)

Also.. don't forget that this game is PVE oriented and most likely PVP was not really considered when making changes to classes for Onslaught. :o

Thats why devs need to separate pvp and pve balance. Provide buffs, set bonuses or boosters which would work only in pve or pvp and balance everything around it as they want. More dps in pve less dps in pvp if in pvp this spec outperforms others considerably. Booster, special set bonuses,special stats will always keep all dps classes viable in pve while devs balance things in pvp

Edited by omaan

You know, these items aren't "real"? There's no stockpile of items in some physical warehouse that need to be sold. 😍

BW is capable of doing all sorts of things to get you to buy and spend CC - like bringing out a new Stronghold and lots of decos - they don't need to buff classes to do it.

Edited by JediQuaker

You know, these items aren't "real"? There's no stockpile of items in some physical warehouse that need to be sold. 😍

BW is capable of doing all sorts of things to get you to buy and spend CC - like bringing out a new Stronghold and lots of decos - they don't need to buff classes to do it.

Ohreally?

Did they need to change conquest? Did they need to remove any of the better older gearing systems? Did BW need to gut and destroy crafting? Does BW ever "need" a reason to do something illogical?

Come on man! You even point out many of the dumb choices BW makes! You can't suddenly believe they make choices with logic and reason lol.

All of you made reasonable statements, but no proof here that I am wrong.

What does that tell me?

Start expecting class buffs and nerfs more frequent when they figure out they can influence the CM sales via ingame nuances and factors. They can dictate all kinds of CM items this way.

Edited by Lhancelot

Yeah, like jack up credits needed to craft, repair gear etc, in the hopes you’ll buy cartel market stuff to resell just to stay afloat.

I’m mostly joking.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

How about BW going into the credit selling business? Some people have even found this likely when putting on their tinfoil hats maybe this came to you too?

Yes, really.

I know you're upset that BW doesn't listen to you for guidance on how to run their game, but there's no need to get silly about it. 😊

No, I gave up caring about them not listening years ago the pattern of pretending to care and not really caring has gone on so long most vets like me know the real deal here.

But make no mistake about it, had they listened to even 1/4 of my past recommendations the game wouldn't be a steaming pile of dumspter trash like it is now. Sadly, it is what it is. :(

I am just bored atm and like to forumquest here when I get idle time truth be told.

In reality I always went back to EQ1 when I got fed up with the idiocy on this game but unfortunately I got through everything on that game I wanted, so there's really no game I play now.

I do try this one still, but I lose interest so fast. I did run two Hammer Stations yesterday.

Got one piece of 270 gear too! Really makes it feel worth the time, plus the amount of fun I get from running the same two FPs over and over, well, I can't put into words the fun I have gearing up now. (sarcasm btw)

I even got to experience the fun of some bug, I couldn't loot one of the bosses in the Vet Hammer Station, so I lost out on potential gear too, I imagine.

Who cares tbh, no one in my group cared (they didn't say one word except for one person who began by saying "howdy." I gave a "hiya" and off we went. Total silence, even after we wiped multiple times in the FPs, not one word. I tried to give some direction but I aint a Hammer Station expert it's been years since I had last ran it, didn't matter though my words were met by silence.

The state of MMOs in today's social climate is sad compared to how it used to be. Just saying, people behave like automatons now in dungeons. Not only are the games uninventive but the players in them are a bunch of silent mute weirdos.

People are so used to clicking auto-whatever that they couldn't care less who is in the FP with them. Basically everyone with you is like a bot, just running and doing whatever they are programmed to do, oblivious to the other group mates.

I blame all the instant gratification rewards on games now, and just how people interact on their phones, this is seeping into how we act face to face which is scary.

BioWare bans credit sellers. They don’t like the competition. 😛😄

What if they are the sellers?

Edited by Lhancelot

I wish it were true that BioWare bans credit sellers. Sadly they are now numerous than ever.

BioWare as the seller? Well that’s perfectly acceptable then. To them. Lol. I doubt we will see that any time soon though.

But it's a funny premise, right? Imagine if they were in the credit selling business, too. :rak_01:

I've never been big on conspiracy theories, but I certainly wouldn't put this past EAWare, or any company for that matter. That doesn't mean there aren't other credit sellers out there, but this would be a smart business decision on their part. EAware has already been selling credits through their Cartel Market for years, only in the form of merchandise versus actual currency.

Regarding your original post, I sense a bit of sarcasm in there :D, but then again... As much as some of us want to believe that companies like this are in it for the best interest of Star Wars and its fans, they're in it to make a buck. That doesn't mean they don't have a certain amount of passion for Star Wars, but at the end of the day, it is about bringing home a paycheck.

Edited by Pirana

I group with guildies when I can, and Discord does help, but it can also present its own problems. I just hate it when some guy who is not in the FP has to make sarky kibitzing comments on Discord, or one of my teammates who *is* in the FP is paying more attention to the conversation in Discord than to what's actually in front of him/her.

But with random pug teams from GF, yeah. Nobody talks much, if at all.

No, I gave up caring about them not listening years ago the pattern of pretending to care and not really caring has gone on so long most vets like me know the real deal here.

But make no mistake about it, had they listened to even 1/4 of my past recommendations the game wouldn't be a steaming pile of dumspter trash like it is now. Sadly, it is what it is. :(

I am just bored atm and like to forumquest here when I get idle time truth be told.

In reality I always went back to EQ1 when I got fed up with the idiocy on this game but unfortunately I got through everything on that game I wanted, so there's really no game I play now.

I do try this one still, but I lose interest so fast. I did run two Hammer Stations yesterday.

Got one piece of 270 gear too! Really makes it feel worth the time, plus the amount of fun I get from running the same two FPs over and over, well, I can't put into words the fun I have gearing up now. (sarcasm btw)

I even got to experience the fun of some bug, I couldn't loot one of the bosses in the Vet Hammer Station, so I lost out on potential gear too, I imagine.

Who cares tbh, no one in my group cared (they didn't say one word except for one person who began by saying "howdy." I gave a "hiya" and off we went. Total silence, even after we wiped multiple times in the FPs, not one word. I tried to give some direction but I aint a Hammer Station expert it's been years since I had last ran it, didn't matter though my words were met by silence.

The state of MMOs in today's social climate is sad compared to how it used to be. Just saying, people behave like automatons now in dungeons. Not only are the games uninventive but the players in them are a bunch of silent mute weirdos.

People are so used to clicking auto-whatever that they couldn't care less who is in the FP with them. Basically everyone with you is like a bot, just running and doing whatever they are programmed to do, oblivious to the other group mates.

I blame all the instant gratification rewards on games now, and just how people interact on their phones, this is seeping into how we act face to face which is scary.

Again another "argument" that I've seen a lot over the years, over a ton of games, even SP games. "But that's not what we wanted", even when, it was, what they asked for. "But the other system was better". This one is hugely ironic, because every time a new system is introduced, the previous one was "better". It doesn't even matter what the system is, or was, it's always greener on the other side of the fence, eh? Here's a classic example, that's even developer specific: Dragon Age II was lambasted on the old BSN for being a total train wreck, and yet, when Inquisition released, you'd have thought that DA II was the best thing since sliced bread.

If you ever wonder why it seems like developers aren't paying attention, re-read this post, and maybe go back and check your own post history, to see how many times you've done the "but the other one was better".

Again another "argument" that I've seen a lot over the years, over a ton of games, even SP games. "But that's not what we wanted", even when, it was, what they asked for. "But the other system was better". This one is hugely ironic, because every time a new system is introduced, the previous one was "better". It doesn't even matter what the system is, or was, it's always greener on the other side of the fence, eh? Here's a classic example, that's even developer specific: Dragon Age II was lambasted on the old BSN for being a total train wreck, and yet, when Inquisition released, you'd have thought that DA II was the best thing since sliced bread.

If you ever wonder why it seems like developers aren't paying attention, re-read this post, and maybe go back and check your own post history, to see how many times you've done the "but the other one was better".

I don't need to check my position I know it by heart when it comes to what gearing system I preferred. I made it very clear too, for years. That never changed.

No, I actually can sit here and say I stand by all my statements written on these forums when it comes to my criticisms of the game. That's not changed at all. Just like the problems on SWTOR, they haven't changed in years, either.

Same issues in ranked. Same issues in PVP. Same issues regarding any "problem" area a person might think of when they think of problem areas on SWTOR. For years.

BW created their reputation of ignoring feedback and being non-communicative with their own behavior. This happened and was talked about before I complained about it on the forums over the years. Point is that has been a notorious and very valid complaint by SWTOR players for years and guess what it's still a problem.

I am distracted by a show and don't feel like typing out the hundreds of examples where BW made obvious and awful changes that undoubtedly hurt the game. Sub drops after certain game changes prove this it's not just coincidence.

I realize some fans take it personal when some of us criticize BW but the fact is they actually deserve the criticisms. Sorry fans. :(

Edited by Lhancelot

I don't need to check my position I know it by heart when it comes to what gearing system I preferred. I made it very clear too, for years. That never changed.

No, I actually can sit here and say I stand by all my statements written on these forums when it comes to my criticisms of the game. That's not changed at all. Just like the problems on SWTOR, they haven't changed in years, either.

Same issues in ranked. Same issues in PVP. Same issues regarding any "problem" area a person might think of when they think of problem areas on SWTOR. For years.

BW created their reputation of ignoring feedback and being non-communicative with their own behavior. This happened and was talked about before I complained about it on the forums over the years. Point is that has been a notorious and very valid complaint by SWTOR players for years and guess what it's still a problem.

I am distracted by a show and don't feel like typing out the hundreds of examples where BW made obvious and awful changes that undoubtedly hurt the game. Sub drops after certain game changes prove this it's not just coincidence.

I realize some fans take it personal when some of us criticize BW but the fact is they actually deserve the criticisms. Sorry fans. :(

I'm not taking it personally, hell, I've been gone for around a year, until just recently. I'm just pointing out the misconception that developers don't listen. They do, and sometimes, maybe even a lot of the time, they reject the suggestions, or feedback. What's that idiom, God answers all prayers, sometimes He says no.

I suspect that your mention of PvP is irony? Because a lot of changes have been made to the game to cater specifically to PvP. I'm sure you're aware, so I have to guess that you're just throwing that out there because "reasons"? Maybe you can point me to the NPC forum where the mobs were complaining about sage/sorc bubble HoTs, or Orbital Tickle? Maybe there's a whole thread about Phase Walk on this NPC forum?

What I suspect happened with 'sin is that one of the QA guys/gals, or one of the devs, tried to play one on more than Story mode in KotFE/ET, and found that they'd gone too far. I can't say. I can say that these changes didn't send me straight to the cash shop to buy cosmetic weapon skins. I also can't say that these sales have improved, since I don't have access to the actual sales numbers. I suspect, however, that's it has remained somewhat static, lots of skins available in game w/out the need to buy them, and it's likely, while not a certainty, that anyone that wanted to buy one already has.

What's that idiom, God answers all prayers, sometimes He says no.

This was funny I like god jokes. ^

I suspect that your mention of PvP is irony? Because a lot of changes have been made to the game to cater specifically to PvP. I'm sure you're aware, so I have to guess that you're just throwing that out there because "reasons"? Maybe you can point me to the NPC forum where the mobs were complaining about sage/sorc bubble HoTs, or Orbital Tickle? Maybe there's a whole thread about Phase Walk on this NPC forum?

What I suspect happened with 'sin is that one of the QA guys/gals, or one of the devs, tried to play one on more than Story mode in KotFE/ET, and found that they'd gone too far. I can't say. I can say that these changes didn't send me straight to the cash shop to buy cosmetic weapon skins. I also can't say that these sales have improved, since I don't have access to the actual sales numbers. I suspect, however, that's it has remained somewhat static, lots of skins available in game w/out the need to buy them, and it's likely, while not a certainty, that anyone that wanted to buy one already has.

The rest of this, well it doesn't really prove or disprove the theory that the sin class got buffed to improve CM sales for specific Sin related weapons/gears.