Not worth our time.

AnubisDRH

After playing this game in beta and having such hopes, yet again Bio Ware proves they really are EA.

The new skins are nice but the price is nothing more then gouging!!! Months of no new content and when you FINALLY put something out there...........I am a waiter??? REALLY???

Me: I played Star Wars The Old Republic today.

Friend: Was it fun?

Me: Yeah I waited on 500 tables and got ALL of their orders right!

Friend:........Star Wars has really changed!!! Did you use the force?

Me: No but they want to "force" me to pay for this new skin that cost me more then my car payment.

Friend: So let me get this straight..... You played Star Wars to become a waiter and on top of that they charge you a ridiculous amount of money for a simple skin??

Me: Yeah, time to go find a real game that gives a crap about it's fan base.

Insulting at best. My whole family is uninstalling now. Worthless!!!! Greed!!! Ignorance!!!

This post is not worth our time.

I would agree except for

People who complain about levity and fun events in an MMO are probably the same people who complain about the inconsistent plot in a Fairy Godparents episode...

^ this was a funny comment. It gave life to the thread

Dunno. Maybe BioWare sent goons to OP's house with baseball bats and Uzis.

Damn those evil EA corporate demons.....there's no level they wouldn't stoop too......

"Gulp....are they standing behind me" :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by DarkTergon

... No but they want to "force" me to pay for this new skin that cost me more then my car payment.

It must be one hell of a crap car, if that's all your payment is. 😂

(And what new skin are you 'forced' to buy?)

Edited by JediQuaker

I

I agree that the CM prices are ridiculous and that's a big problem in the game industry today. A

Personally I don't think the CM prices are that bad , mostly, some are, but not all. I think the OP was talking more along the lines of the GTN prices. While some can be crazy, if you're smart enough, you grab the stuff, when newly out, but not so new that people are charging stupid high prices, but before they are taken off the cm, where the prices go up.

But I play the GTN game, so that may be an advantage,

Personally I don't think the CM prices are that bad , mostly, some are, but not all. I think the OP was talking more along the lines of the GTN prices. While some can be crazy, if you're smart enough, you grab the stuff, when newly out, but not so new that people are charging stupid high prices, but before they are taken off the cm, where the prices go up.

But I play the GTN game, so that may be an advantage,

Ah right, I did think he meant CM prices. But the CM prices being high means that people who buy them want to get a good return on them in game. That's why CM items have always been worth a lot more on the GTN.

You're a power trader but that means you never deal with the real money cost of those items. For someone to put them on the GTN they do have to buy it first themselves after all. People sometimes forget that when they complain about GTN prices.

What's a 100M these days? It's easily spent but out of reach for many players. That's where the issue lies. But it also drives a segment of players to buy CM items to sell on the GTN, because they need the credits. Especially now with 6.0 and the massive increase in credit sinks.

But really, if a person finds the GTN prices too high, then you need to realise that it's because the CM prices are so high. And because credits spend really quickly, you may find a few hundred million credits too much as a buyer but it barely covers the CC cost for the seller.

Ah right, I did think he meant CM prices. But the CM prices being high means that people who buy them want to get a good return on them in game. That's why CM items have always been worth a lot more on the GTN.

No, not always, if you watch the market, you will see stuff that costs more on the CM, but selling for little or nothing nothing on the gtn, and vice versa. Stuff on the CM that is cheap, can go for loads. Basically, it's all about knowing the market.

You're a power trader but that means you never deal with the real money cost of those items. For someone to put them on the GTN they do have to buy it first themselves after all. People sometimes forget that when they complain about GTN prices.

Have to disagree with this, I think most GTN traders started out by buying a few bit, selling, and increasing, also helps, being a sub for so long, with a security key, and people who click the ref link.

What's a 100M these days? It's easily spent but out of reach for many players. That's where the issue lies. But it also drives a segment of players to buy CM items to sell on the GTN, because they need the credits. Especially now with 6.0 and the massive increase in credit sinks.

100 m is still a lot, it doesn't drive anyone to buy cm stuff to sell..etx. People can do it from other ways. It is faster, but if you're a sub, you get the free CC's and if you are smart, you can make them grow

Edited by DarkTergon

Months of no new content

Agreed. We have pandemic, yes, but on 2019 there wasn't pandemic and we had only one bigger update too. We already wait 12 months and still we need to wait 2 if they will not do another stupid delay what will kill this game completely.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

No, not always, if you watch the market, you will see stuff that costs more on the CM, but selling for little or nothing nothing on the gtn, and vice versa. Stuff on the CM that is cheap, can go for loads. Basically, it's all about knowing the market.

We're not talking about a direct link between a CC price and a credit price on the GTN. I know that it differs wildly. It's the overall pricing in the CM. And the more expensive the CC cost, the higher return a person seeks, doesn't mean they'll get it of course. You forget that only a handful of people have the interest in "knowing the market". You're a power trader. You know what's up but that's not most people. And even though there are few items that you consider cheap doesn't make it so. I mean what is cheap to you? 100 CC or 600 CC or 1000 CC? When does it get to be expensive in your eyes.

Have to disagree with this, I think most GTN traders started out by buying a few bit, selling, and increasing, also helps, being a sub for so long, with a security key, and people who click the ref link.
You may think that but I think you overestimate the number of players that have that going on. There are not that many.

100 m is still a lot, it doesn't drive anyone to buy cm stuff to sell..etx. People can do it from other ways. It is faster, but if you're a sub, you get the free CC's and if you are smart, you can make them grow
Stop saying that about a sub. It's 500CC a month, 600 with SK. That's a pittance. You have the view of someone that is money savvy and assumes that most people are like that. I'm telling you most people are not. Look around in the real world. Most people want to play the game and enjoy it. For most that doesn't include collecting credits but playing the game, gearing up, beating challenging fights, enjoy the stories and cosmetics. 100M is easily spent in the current gearing with augments and amplifiers and such. Maybe you don't do that but since 6.0 gearing has become a helluva lot more expensive in credit cost. Crafting also is much more expensive. In short, playing certain aspects of the game have a MUCH higher credit cost to them and the people who partake in that do spend a lot more credits than before. And then 100M is really not that much. Maybe you don't raid or do ranked or care about gearing, but others do.

My view is that making money via the GTN can be done by anyone but not by everyone. If people buy too many CM items it will flood the GTN and therefore prices will drop. If you do it via crafting, then not too many people have to craft or the GTN gets flooded with craftables. That's why crafting became a lot more expensive so that people who do invest into crafting can still make money with it. But it is prohibitive for people who do crafting just to be self-sufficient for example. And if you're a power trader, not too many people have to do that either or it won't work.

It's a simple thing, anyone can do any of those ways...as long as not too many people do it.

After playing this game in beta and having such hopes, yet again Bio Ware proves they really are EA.

The new skins are nice but the price is nothing more then gouging!!! Months of no new content and when you FINALLY put something out there...........I am a waiter??? REALLY???

Me: I played Star Wars The Old Republic today.

Friend: Was it fun?

Me: Yeah I waited on 500 tables and got ALL of their orders right!

Friend:........Star Wars has really changed!!! Did you use the force?

Me: No but they want to "force" me to pay for this new skin that cost me more then my car payment.

Friend: So let me get this straight..... You played Star Wars to become a waiter and on top of that they charge you a ridiculous amount of money for a simple skin??

Me: Yeah, time to go find a real game that gives a crap about it's fan base.

Insulting at best. My whole family is uninstalling now. Worthless!!!! Greed!!! Ignorance!!!

made up conversation vol2.0