Feedback on the Feast of Prosperity Event

MaximusRex

Overall enjoying the new event, but also wanted to give some feedback that will hopefully make future versions even better.

Rishi respawn timers are too long. People are being pretty good about teaming up and waiting as a group and taking turns, but its dull and boring and not really appropriate for this kind of event. It is also confusing the first time when you show up at the site and no one is there and you don't see something to do.

Not all of the world bosses used for the event are part of the Priority Targets quest. This is a missed opportunity to help encourage group content and get that quest out top players so they might consider doing it even when the event isn't up.

It has been Lucky as the WB it seems since late in the first day of the event. Some variety would be nice.

The Hard versions of the serving and cooking games are a lot more work but offer hardly any more reward. the Hard mode of dashing is 4 times longer, and each course is more difficult then easy, but the payout doesn't reflect that.

The Tacticals to earn more tokens have abysmal bonus tokens, and would take about 200 running of the quests to break even on the cost. That is abysmal and you should offer to refund anyone ripped off by buying them.

Decorations could have been so much better.. The displays of single dishes are OK, as are the tables of food supplies, but you introduced a full kitchen with a stove, grill and fridge, and these cool street vendor food stalls, and tables with chairs/food in the café, which would be IMO much more interesting to use in a stronghold to create kitchens and dinning rooms and market places. Please consider how assets created for content could be used in strongholds and do more to make more of these assets available in the future.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me that the event tokens that I've been getting are going to be removed when the event is over.

I have zero, NADA, NONE!, interest in this event.

did you earn any, did you try stuff, if you did, and you have tokens....I have bad news for you....they STAY in your currencies.....

Rishi respawn timers are too long. People are being pretty good about teaming up and waiting as a group and taking turns, but its dull and boring and not really appropriate for this kind of event. It is also confusing the first time when you show up at the site and no one is there and you don't see something to do.

Completely agree about those pipes. Ridiculously long timer. Even on characters for whom it would be out of character I am taking the intimidate option because I will not deal with those pipes, the lines, and the people who cut in line, again. Even if there were dark side points on that intim option I would still take it because screw those pipes.

Agree with the pipes.

The event is fun. I like the food varieties in the kitchen. Wish there will be a Nar Shaddaa bartender contest so that we can have more "canon" old republic era alcohol drinks (I know wookiepedia has a list but more is better).

Almost wish this is not a mmo game so there are more physical mechanics to the cooking.

I was thinking about "aren't we going to hunt those poor animals to extinction?" glad it was addressed in the story. And I feel bad for Lucky, he's a good rancor *pet Lucky*.

The Rishi pipe timers are frustrating, but I'm really enjoying the event otherwise. The mini-games are fun, especially the cooking one. Nice to see so many stronghold decoration rewards too.

I've enjoyed it as well but was having difficulty with the hard mode cooking one, the hands aren't as quick as they used to be...lol. But using vulk's pics helped. I love the decos .

I like the event. You never get tired of seeing what an MMO developer can make *insert title of greatest warrior/Jedi/champion here* do for currency. But at least it spawned the mental image of Lana, Theron, Vette and Malavai working as waiters/waitresses in high-class clothing while a 6"9 Emperor's Wrath with a scarred and evil face is standing behind the kitchen counter grilling a Nexu tongue, all the while being told off by the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order for using too much vinegar. "Spicyness is a lie, there is only special flavouring." and all.

But if I had to give two pieces of feedback:

Please, the heroic serving feels too long. I don't even feel as if it's "difficult." It might be to some people who haven't played for a long time, admittedly. But I almost never get a red circle, have so far completed it every time without an error, and don't feel memorizing colours is that bad. The only thing I find annoying about the quest is the length. I feel two slightly more difficult rounds might have done the trick. Either that or upping the rewards might work.

Secondly, the respawn time on Rishi is too long. This might be a bug, admittedly. I've heard you can skip that part by threatening a Rodian, so I will try that.

I love the decos .

I love the decos as well, but I do kinda wish the food were on server trays rather than plinths. I have yet to try it, but I wonder how they will stack with other decos. Will be it possible to place a food arrangement so that the food sits on a table? Will have to check that out later.

Oh, and I absolutely love the NPC decos. Especially the Ugnaughts. Gotta get me some small, porcine bipeds.

ETA: The Merchant's Work Table works the best for being able to place food on the table as you can completely hide the plinth. The Sanitarium Disciple's Desk would be the same since it uses the same desk model. But the surface of the table is a tad too high as it clips through the bottom of the plate a bit. The Zakuulan Oval Table works well, too, but the bright white surface makes it difficult to see the food. And I certainly would not want to eat at a table that is shining a bright white light at me. The base of the Decorous Cafe Table is large enough to hide the plinth if the food is placed in the center of the table. If you want to do a spread for four then part of the plinth will be visible.

Edited by ceryxp

Mostly I'm enjoying it, and for the first time in 6-ish years, on and off, I've fought a world boss, so that was a positive outcome for me. No 'forced' into it that is often the way with this game, but more of a gentle incentive - nice, that worked - well done :-)

The only minor gripe in addition to the respawn times already mentioned, is that I find the time cooking event a little buggy - it often fails to register the 'place on grill / hob' multiple times and I get timed-out.

Edited by Fluffometer

I love the decos as well, but I do kinda wish the food were on server trays rather than plinths. I have yet to try it, but I wonder how they will stack with other decos. Will be it possible to place a food arrangement so that the food sits on a table? Will have to check that out later.

Yes, that is my only gripe, personally I think they'd look much better on tables. Haven't put them in yet, but i'm hoping too they stack well, so we may be able to put them on tables somehow

The only minor gripe in addition to the respawn times already mentioned, is that I find the time cooking event a little buggy - it often fails to register the 'place on grill / hob' multiple times and I get timed-out.

I had that the first few times I tried it, but someone in chat said to stand back more, and it worked after that.

Stand back a bit. I had the same problem until a guildie told me. Basically, there is no need to approach the grill - just pick up the ingredient, turn, and do the place-on-the-grill thing.

Yes, that is my only gripe, personally I think they'd look much better on tables. Haven't put them in yet, but i'm hoping too they stack well, so we may be able to put them on tables somehow

The problem is that there is no Z dimension so you can't place things on top of one another. It's the same problem with the concert stages - you can't place people "on" them.

The problem is that there is no Z dimension so you can't place things on top of one another. It's the same problem with the concert stages - you can't place people "on" them.

I would love to have a Z axis slider. You can get NPCs to stand on the Nightlife Concert Stage, but the Mek-Sha Concert Stage is completely useless for its design. The two main stronghold QoL updates I am pining for are a Z axis slider and the offset to be increased to +/-40.

Overall, I think it is a nice diversion.

My favorite part of the Feast of Properity are the new decos. There has been a variety of drink decos, but a dearth of food decos. Which might explain some of my characters decisions -- they were drunk and hungry. These new food themed deco additons are very welcomed.

ETA: The Merchant's Work Table works the best for being able to place food on the table as you can completely hide the plinth. The Sanitarium Disciple's Desk would be the same since it uses the same desk model. But the surface of the table is a tad too high as it clips through the bottom of the plate a bit. The Zakuulan Oval Table works well, too, but the bright white surface makes it difficult to see the food. And I certainly would not want to eat at a table that is shining a bright white light at me. The base of the Decorous Cafe Table is large enough to hide the plinth if the food is placed in the center of the table. If you want to do a spread for four then part of the plinth will be visible.

Thanks for this! I'll give it a try.

I love that there is a bribe and threaten option for completing the Rishi mission. It's my, "Ya'll don't understand, I just want to get decos, pronto" option. I also like the variety of choices for the final part of the Rishi mission.

The Cantina Rush missions are clever diversions. I always start cheerful, and end up feeling like I'm blowing my bangs off of my forehead while sometimes wishing there was a "throw food at patron" option. With the Cooking mission, my favorite part is spiking food into the cooking pot, lol. The Feast of Prosperity event will likely be over before I remember what is where for the timed version of the Cooking mission. Ah well.

Adding World Bosses is a good touch. I haven't fought WBs in a while because it could take some time to get a group together. Forming WB groups seems to be going quickly during this event. I did the Corellia WB, Lucky, the other day and that 16 player PUG was formed fairly quickly, with Lucky being downed in short order. Shout out to the person who formed that Ops group. Hopefully, about reports that the WBs timers aren't staying short, that gets quickly fixed.

All in all, I welcome the Feast of Prosperity event.

As far as the food, most are already on the table (which is okay I guess) so you just use that decoration. The problem is if you want to use a fancy table with the food you can't. I wanted to use the food for the formal dining room in our guild stronghold in Alderaan and can't. The tables are okay for a "normal" dining area but not a formal one (in my opinion).

You can get NPCs to stand on the Nightlife Concert Stage, but the Mek-Sha Concert Stage is completely useless for its design.

NPCs stand "in" the Nightlife Concert Stage, not on in. It's not as bad as the Mek-Sha one, but they are still cut off at the ankles.

I didn't understand why they not changed the world bosses so that everyone participating in the fight get the rewards.

This is a common mechanic for examble in TESO, WoW and other games.

I hope such a change will come, not that this is something to high for the skill of the team.

BtW: a story Update of one simple dialog - this is a bad bad joke, isn't it?

I started this event from listening to hutts, ok that was long, then I was serving dishes as droid, it was so much fun I repeated, then tried the hard mode cooking from different highlighted ingredients. Found it not much interesting, although I appreciate the work devs put in creating these quests. I'm no native English speaker, and have real problems in understanding those strangely named ingredients before they are put into cooker before 10 secs runs out.... Tried that many times, finally gave up, and soon after left this event for good.

I'm not much interested in group play and that grouping up for some WB to be killed on another planet to get some ingredient to get a portion od points from jabbas, ugh boring, not much creative... Also this hard cooking alien meals is totally not my style. I appreciate the effort and probably native speakers will be happy but I'm awaiting next Swooping, cheers :D.

And btw. I think I saw one of the hutt speaking about "dollars", that was a bit odd experience, though I'm not sure when this dialog occurs.

Edited by Grendel_Echo

I had that the first few times I tried it, but someone in chat said to stand back more, and it worked after that.

Stand back a bit. I had the same problem until a guildie told me. Basically, there is no need to approach the grill - just pick up the ingredient, turn, and do the place-on-the-grill thing.

Thanks both, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter where I stand. I've noticed it only happens on the second go - so yesterday I did the easy version fine then wouldn't trigger the animation for the timed version. Today it's let me do the same timed version that I had outstanding, but the easy one doesn't work - tried a whole bunch of times standing in various places. My suspicion is if I leave the planet, go do other things it'll probably work then.