pvp lockouts plus no points for wins = fatal mistake Bioware.

chrisforester

Cleary the devs don't play the soul destroying matches....

the 5th same wz in a row

the 3rd hutball against the same operative premades for the loss

the lose 2 turrets at the beginning and never get them back so 20 minutes stalemate

the ones you're backfilled into 5 seconds after someone ragequit because their team sucked

the ones with crappy balance

etc.

With lockout now account wide, you are requiring players to have the patience of a saint to pvp now in what is meant to be a fun game.

Add this to no points for a loss, and what you're doing is forcing a choice on us:

force feeding a really substandard experience - or basically not playing pvp.

GG.

I'll bet that BW could lose PvP altogether and most people wouldn't even notice. 🙂

It certainly wouldn't be 'fatal'.

Probably not, but it would be a shame to lose part of the community. I haven't pvp'd in a long time, but used to have a laugh when I did, met some great people, etc. Not sure there are any still playing, but i'm sure most of the community are decent people. Not to mention the regulars we have in the forums, would be sad to see them go, just because BW can't seem to fix the issues better.

Edited by DarkTergon

I'll bet that BW could lose PvP altogether and most people wouldn't even notice. 🙂

Well at the start of 6.0 rewards were so poor in PvP I thought they'd given up on the idea. And then a long time after came the patch that made the rewards better.

I just find this a bit difficult to understand. Are they throwing darts to decide what they'll do next? It's so contradictory and now they've added to that by giving PvP'ers new augments. Sure, technically anyone can get them, well, in theory anyway but these are primarily going to be used by PvP'ers. So what gives? Why the change of hear after nearly killing off the entire PvP community.

It's futile to ask them because they won't or they'll dance around the subject but sometimes I do wish I could be there and find out what they're process is in making these decisions. I have the feeling I'll either be thoroughly amazed or appalled and at this point I tend towards the latter.

Well at the start of 6.0 rewards were so poor in PvP I thought they'd given up on the idea. And then a long time after came the patch that made the rewards better.

I just find this a bit difficult to understand. Are they throwing darts to decide what they'll do next? It's so contradictory and now they've added to that by giving PvP'ers new augments. Sure, technically anyone can get them, well, in theory anyway but these are primarily going to be used by PvP'ers. So what gives? Why the change of hear after nearly killing off the entire PvP community.

It's futile to ask them because they won't or they'll dance around the subject but sometimes I do wish I could be there and find out what they're process is in making these decisions. I have the feeling I'll either be thoroughly amazed or appalled and at this point I tend towards the latter.

Could be like the eps of south park where the government cut the head off a chicken, and let it run around the table, and whatever idea the it landed on became policy....lol

Could be like the eps of south park where the government cut the head off a chicken, and let it run around the table, and whatever idea the it landed on became policy....lol

haha, I remember that episode. Yep it could even be like that, though I have the feeling the management are the headless chickens in this case ;)

Definitely not fatal. EA has had plenty of opportunities since 2012 to commit fatal mistakes, and despite some massive screw-ups, SWTOR's still chugging away. So you're right. Not fatal.

But people would notice. A lack of PVP (and subsequently PvP players) would mostly likely precipitate a profound drop in the level of toxicity across the board.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Definitely not fatal. EA has had plenty of opportunities since 2012 to commit fatal mistakes, and despite some massive screw-ups, SWTOR's still chugging away. So you're right. Not fatal.

But people would notice. A lack of PVP (and subsequently PvP players) would mostly likely precipitate a profound drop in the level of toxicity across the board.

And a drop off of player numbers because there are people who like to play pvp and pve. If BioWare let’s pvp die or removed it, there would be a portion of players who would leave besides those “toxic” pvpers you always refer to ;)

Also, if you queue for flash points, gsf or operations, you can get just as much toxicity as you can get in reg pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss