Feedback on the Feast of Prosperity Event

MaximusRex

I started this event from listening to hutts, ok that was long, then I was serving dishes as droid, it was so much fun I repeated, then tried the hard mode cooking from different highlighted ingredients. Found it not much interesting, although I appreciate the work devs put in creating these quests. I'm no native English speaker, and have real problems in understanding those strangely named ingredients before they are put into cooker before 10 secs runs out.... Tried that many times, finally gave up, and soon after left this event for good.

I'm not much interested in group play and that grouping up for some WB to be killed on another planet to get some ingredient to get a portion od points from jabbas, ugh boring, not much creative... Also this hard cooking alien meals is totally not my style. I appreciate the effort and probably native speakers will be happy but I'm awaiting next Swooping, cheers :D.

And btw. I think I saw one of the hutt speaking about "dollars", that was a bit odd experience, though I'm not sure when this dialog occurs.

What I did was I used my old laptop to access vulk's site on the feast, and loaded up the two pics he has of the ingredients , looked at them for a while to try and get used to the layout, and names. Then I ran the mission, and kept checking the page as the ingrediant popped up. It took a couple of attempts, but I was able to finish it. If you don't have another laptop, a print out of the pics might do the trick.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't understand why they not changed the world bosses so that everyone participating in the fight get the rewards.

This is a common mechanic for examble in TESO, WoW and other games.

I hope such a change will come, not that this is something to high for the skill of the team.

BtW: a story Update of one simple dialog - this is a bad bad joke, isn't it?

it probably would stop the 'claim' jumping , but i don't know if they can change the mechanics at this stage. GW2 uses the same thing, no one has to be grouped, or can even be in their own groups, but everyone gets rewarded. But I don't know how the reward system works, or whether the more you participate, the bigger reward.

BTW...it wasn't a story update, it's a teaser for the new content coming in December (we hope)

it probably would stop the 'claim' jumping , but i don't know if they can change the mechanics at this stage. GW2 uses the same thing, no one has to be grouped, or can even be in their own groups, but everyone gets rewarded. But I don't know how the reward system works, or whether the more you participate, the bigger reward.
Afaik in GW2 we had to hit the champion beast for a certain higher amount of damage points to get a reward. Even if in GW2 was different, such system is very nice, rewarding both the latecomers and those who were fighting the whole time and also preventing exploits, eg. when someone started and left the fight, thinking that others will kill the beast and he will be rewarded. Raid groups are outdated, much better is freedom of choice - massive group of lone wolves, if you want to come and fight with your guild/group it's ok, but it's up to you, not forced by game.

I vote for this.

Afaik in GW2 we had to hit the champion beast for a certain higher amount of damage points to get a reward. Even if in GW2 was different, such system is very nice, rewarding both the latecomers and those who were fighting the whole time and also preventing exploits, eg. when someone started and left the fight, thinking that others will kill the beast and he will be rewarded. Raid groups are outdated, much better is freedom of choice - massive group of lone wolves, if you want to come and fight with your guild/group it's ok, but it's up to you, not forced by game.

I vote for this.

It is one of the things I like about gw2. I played it a bit with my two older lads, and we were able to quest together, and stay in the same group, but hit the wb's & and other missions on passing without having to disband, and reform. Minor annoyance I know, but sometimes it's things like this that add a few smilies to the game.

I'm not a decorator by any means, but even I think they missed an opportunity by not including more decos, mostly because I like food and most things food-related. A grill, a range or three (gas and induction and some other Star Warsy method), an oven, and other things like that. Formal dining table models with chairs, breakfast nook furniture, a butler's pantry, liveried waiters, walk-in freezers, and so on.

Ceryxp above has some ideas about tables I should try.

Updated to fix typos.

Edited by mike_carton

I'm not a decorator by any means, but even I think got they missed an opportunity by not including more decos, mostly because I like food and most things food-related. A grill, a range or three (gas and induction and some other Star Warsy method), a oven, and other things like that. Formal dining table models with chairs, breakfast nook furniture, a butler's panty, liveried waiters, walk-in freezers, and so on.

Ceryxp above has some ideas about tables I should try.

I would have loved more equipment, rather than so many food items, it's possible they are saving them for a cartel bundle, which TBH I wouldn't mind buying :)

Some really nice ideas on the linked post, going to have to give it a go.

Agreed with all your suggestion, I enjoyed the event (played it in the first day but been busy with Dark Souls III and university so haven't been able to play it as much as I would like) but your suggestions would definitely improve it, since it is a seasonal event I hope when it comes back next year we'll see new rewards, more decorations and the like.

It is different and fun but I am only taking 4 of my 14 characters through it. 2 of each side. Maybe they will all do the story but I am not running all 14 through the dailies. Fun for 4 but after that a little too much, lol

I've done about 3 everyday or so, trying to make sure they get the weekly done, just building up tokens for the decos...lol

I like the event. It's fun and it's something different, but...

The weekly has been spread on multiple days - again. There's a reason why Iokath is a ghost down. Haven't participated any Dantooine event either after I got all cheevos and rep done. I play so many alts, that I'd need to write down which character is in what phase. I'm doing it now, but it's really annoying and I'm gonna be happy when the event is over and I don't have to worry about the character progression anymore on top of conquest progression.

I like the event. It's fun and it's something different, but...

The weekly has been spread on multiple days - again. There's a reason why Iokath is a ghost down. Haven't participated any Dantooine event either after I got all cheevos and rep done. I play so many alts, that I'd need to write down which character is in what phase. I'm doing it now, but it's really annoying and I'm gonna be happy when the event is over and I don't have to worry about the character progression anymore on top of conquest progression.

I've a page at the computer, if a char is doing CQ, and gets it, I mark it down, with the event, I also leave a mark beside it to note that that char hasn't finished the weekly, once they have, they are marked as finished, and I ignore them, well till reset.

Tried the food arrangements with various tables. Took some screenies, link below. There is not a single table where there is no clipping of the food, but there are some that work rather well. Unfortunately, we will not be getting a full place setting out of these. Tried placing the food arrangements together to see if they could be positioned in such a way as to make a sideboard. Unfortunately none of them align, which is quite irritating. You can see this in the image with the Imperial Worktable.

Anyhow, screenies of various tables with descriptions.

https://imgur.com/a/tE5TyAV

I've a page at the computer, if a char is doing CQ, and gets it, I mark it down, with the event, I also leave a mark beside it to note that that char hasn't finished the weekly, once they have, they are marked as finished, and I ignore them, well till reset.

I did something similar with a spreadsheet on my spare monitor for dantooine rep and achievements. Sure it works. I'd just as soon be able to finish the weekly on toon in one day. It can only be done once a week, so I dont see the huge deal.

This must be obvious to all, but still: there are weeklies for everything and a weekly for doing weeklies. These give a boatload of tokens.

There have been wb groups forming every 5 minutes (respawn timers have been reduced to 5 min) on Corellia / Hoth / Belsavis (other planets to come in the next few days) on every instance last few days. Most groups are behaving decently, waiting their turn, and so on. In one evening I killed Lucky on 10+ characters (some Imp, some Pub.) These wb kills give decent # of tokens and have their own weeklies.

10,000 tokens was not difficult just playing in the evenings. The visible achievements are not obnoxious either (unlike the Swoop event.) The food fight hidden achievement is trivial, the perfect service hidden achievements are not too difficult. The pepper hidden achievement is a short (comparatively) grind, the last one is still a mystery.

Given there are 15+ days to go with multiple weekends included, one should be able to get all the decos one wants.

Edited by mike_carton

Oh... I do. I have a spreadsheet with several tabs for things I need to track already. I would just prefer a little less extra things to do while I play. All the weeklies that are split on multiple days means extra things to keep track of. I'd just want to enjoy my time playing, not making notes every 5 minutes.

Read the write-up, looked at the rewards, realized there's nothing there even remotely interesting to me, and decided to skip the event completely.

I understand that this is great for those who are into interior decorating, but my interests lie in more traditionally masculine areas. Like killing things.

Read the write-up, looked at the rewards, realized there's nothing there even remotely interesting to me, and decided to skip the event completely.

I understand that this is great for those who are into interior decorating, but my interests lie in more traditionally masculine areas. Like killing things.

I felt the same way about the Swoop Racing. Not that I didn't like the rewards, but the Swooping was of no interest to me.

But I'm enjoying the Festival so far. And there's lots of other manly things to do, such as Space Barbie (or Ken). 😂

I used to have the following in my signature:

A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Sometimes it is too easy; a post or a poster jumps up and down virtually shouting "Ignore me, ignore me!"

Edited by mike_carton

I did cook several dozen dishes, serve hundreds of hungry people, and kill 24 world bosses; all in the last 4 days. Still have to decorate my kitchen. A woman's work is never done. ;)

too bad they didn't give us ovens, or freezers.......might be able to turn one of the fires in to an open grill, will just have to see what works...lol