They should reboot the entire Star wars film series.

evildestroyer

I watched them again and i am thinking that this entire series needs a full reboot. I mean the droids look very primitive. For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

I mean the movies just dont give me a really futuristic feel to it. I would really like to see these movies remade using modern technology and having a proper setting to it.

Anyone else would like to see a reboot?

NO way, so i guess we should just remake every movie made years ago lol. Cant people just be happy with what we are given.

Lets all get one thing clear, SW is a fictional world made up from in Hollywood and it was made back in the 70's. I know we all including myself absolutely love SW and hold it dear but lets not delude ourselves and start trying to remake it claiming that it dosent look futuristic enough lol.

If anything and this will never happen perhaps more SW movies should be made for either post ROTJ or in the TOR time setting. But i dont want some terminatoresque droids running around, half of what makes SW what it is are those clunky looking droids.

This isn't no Friday the 13th / A Nightmare on Elm's Street movie. Leave it as it is. Our SW-geek-self may not be fulfilled but at least it was a good ending.

IMO, they should do ToR / KoToR or some spin-off movie at least to satisfy some SW-geek-self in us.

A long time ago in some distant galaxy there existed a collection of humanoid races. These races, being very old, developed advanced technology in that time. What follows is a tale of a dark time in their history, a time of corruption, civil war, and rebellion.

It's essentially like the Protheans from Mass Effect. A race that lived long ago that was much more advanced than humans at the time (we only advanced as quickly because of their technology).

A long time ago in some distant galaxy there existed a collection of humanoid races. These races, being very old, developed advanced technology in that time. What follows is a tale of a dark time in their history, a time of corruption, civil war, and rebellion.

It's essentially like the Protheans from Mass Effect. A race that lived long ago that was much more advanced than humans at the time (we only advanced as quickly because of their technology).

Sooooo, you're a Reaper? Or a cylon, maybe. Either way, you must be disintegrated!

Not to start a discussion on physics and the reality of "time", but technically everything you see is already in the past. You'll never SEE the present due to the speed of light and the amount of time it takes for A) the light to reach your eyes and B) the amount of time it takes your brain to process that information.

Of course this is an extremely small window but let's expand that to a larger scale within our own solar system.

You know that Sun that rises and sets everyday? You're never really seeing it how it is. You're seeing how it looked 8 minutes ago. The light (what we see/process) from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.

So let's expand that to an intergalactic scale. The next closest star to us (the closest being our own Sun) is Alpha Centauri. That's 4.27 light years away. This means when you "observe" it you're actually seeing what is looked like over FOUR YEARS AGO, and that's the next closest to us.

Star Wars could have happened a "long, long time ago" and by the time we found out about it, or "observed" it, it could have been over for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years ago.

/end mind-boggling rant

I watched them again and i am thinking that this entire series needs a full reboot. I mean the droids look very primitive. For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

I mean the movies just dont give me a really futuristic feel to it. I would really like to see these movies remade using modern technology and having a proper setting to it.

nicely trolled... ಠ_ಠ

Not to start a discussion on physics and the reality of "time", but technically everything you see is already in the past. You'll never SEE the present due to the speed of light and the amount of time it takes for A) the light to reach your eyes and B) the amount of time it takes your brain to process that information.

Of course this is an extremely small window but let's expand that to a larger scale within our own solar system.

You know that Sun that rises and sets everyday? You're never really seeing it how it is. You're seeing how it looked 8 minutes ago. The light (what we see/process) from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.

So let's expand that to an intergalactic scale. The next closest star to us (the closest being our own Sun) is Alpha Centauri. That's 4.27 light years away. This means when you "observe" it you're actually seeing what is looked like over FOUR YEARS AGO, and that's the next closest to us.

Star Wars could have happened a "long, long time ago" and by the time we found out about it, or "observed" it, it could have been over for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years ago.

/end mind-boggling rant

Well, considering that Star Wars us in a different galaxy... it could easily be millions of years. Uh, yeah... um...

Star Wars A New, New Hope coming to a theater near you in 2013

Directed by Michael Bay

Starring:

Leonardo De Caprio as Luke Skywalker

Megan Fox as Princess Leia

Michael Caine as Obi Wan Kenobi

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Han Solo

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Darth Vader

and special guest stars

ED-209 as R2D2

Terminator T-800 as C3PO

and Betty White as Mon Mothma

heck ya i would watch that!!!

^this

And they should never reboot anything just because technology got better that is how we got enterprise. Did you like enterprise?

yeah it wasn't that bad.

I'd love for them to re-do Star Wars with a new director and a slightly new interpretation.

takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

1977 is not the 80's

and no a reboot would be cinematic heresy in my opinion.

Star Wars A New, New Hope coming to a theater near you in 2013

Directed by Michael Bay

Starring:

Leonardo De Caprio as Luke Skywalker

Megan Fox as Princess Leia

Michael Caine as Obi Wan Kenobi

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Han Solo

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Darth Vader

and special guest stars

ED-209 as R2D2

Terminator T-800 as C3PO

and Betty White as Mon Mothma

heck ya i would watch that!!!

Mon Mothma isn't in episode 4. Sorry betty!

No, because this time George Lucas will make Greedo hit Han Solo, and he will need to spend 3 months in a hospital on Tatooine before taking them to Alderaan, which will have Been Destroyed months ago while Han was recovering. Also in that time the Emperor will have found the REAL Rebel base, destroyed it, and brought the entire galaxy under the Empire; and Han, Chewbacca, Luke, and Obi-Wan will be forced into hiding on Dagobah with Yoda. The End. Edited by Sporetox