Returning player, new account unfortunately.

NekoGaige

Hey there everyone, its been a loooong time since I was last in the game, years in fact. Its been so long that I don't have access to my old account any more, so I am starting from scratch. Has much changed in the way of the beginning game or will I still be able to whip through provided I remember where things are? Has much changed is basically what I am asking.

The story below level 50 hasn't changed at all. What changed are the skills, stats and equipment. Skills were removed, added or changed over time, stats have changed entirely even in PvP, and equipment has changed tremendously.

Old stats such as Aim, Cunning and Willpower are gone, replaced by the unified stats of Mastery and Power. In PvP resilience has also been dropped. You can now use your PvE gear in PvP. Your companions no longer get benefits from better gear, instead they draw their stats from YOUR gear, and your companion influence level. As you get better gear and develop influence with your companion, they get much more effective. A companion healer or companion tank with maxed out influence is pretty darned good.

Hey there everyone, its been a loooong time since I was last in the game, years in fact. Its been so long that I don't have access to my old account any more, so I am starting from scratch. Has much changed in the way of the beginning game or will I still be able to whip through provided I remember where things are? Has much changed is basically what I am asking.

In short: Yes!

As JQ says, treat it like you're new to it, but at least it is similar to one you've played before, so you're not a complete newbie. You shouldn't have too much trouble, if you hit any road blocks, just ask here

There are also some great guides here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974581

Some can be long, but they are very thorough and informative.

Welcome back.