Conquest goals and new subscribers:

xdandeman

Conquest Goals: I have 2 guilds, one IMP one PUB both maxed out (1000 is too small, some players have >25 toons, some may go inactive for months (military deployment etc.). We recruit and encourage new players. Currently about 1 in 6 players make 50K on conquest. It's a big deal when a new or inexperienced player finally gets the 15K goal and starts really working with the team.

Raising the requirement to 50K for conquest will really harm this team activity. I have experienced players with many toons who are greatly distressed that they wont be able to do multiple conquest, discussion is they wont renew their subscriptions, waiting to see if this happens.

It is in everyones interest to attract and maintain new subscribers, the penalties on my FTPs are too high, (I need my guys to Summon, have full use of the guild bank, mail, etc.) but they need to subscribe. To administer and hopefully fix problems (such as all the hacking in pvp) takes time and money so we encourage subscription and purchasing cartel items. Too bad we can't purchase subscription time to either sell on GTN or award high perfromers but I have done that via Amazon with gift card.

What is my tool to encourage team work if Conquest becomes unattainable or too difficult for the new/ inexperienced player? I am also in an OPS guild that months ago was thriving medium yield (before the changes to conquest) and now is dormant... The team work wasn't built.

I think it's better the way it is as we can get more new players and recruit new subscribers. I asked how the 'big' guilds make 10 times our score... I think it's by having 'elite players, probably very low recruiting of new players. One of my senior leaders says they know how to cheat, I don't know. I run into them on occasion and I think they only cater to 'good' players and don't tolerate 'noobs'. Who will become the next subscriber, the committed 'PVPer' or that guy who just discovered the game and needs help through the hoops? (about 1 in 15 of my 'noobs' becomes a good team member, about 1 in 100 becomes a leader, subscribing is a big deal)

That's my observations after having been bagged and conned into being GM of 2 thriving guilds, I spend hours on management and see discussions in game and on discord. I hope things are great with X pac, some of us have dozens of toons to upgrade when that hits and wont have a lot of time to grind conquest like now. Thanks for allowing us input.

People are hitting 250k Conquest points on PTS in a couple of hours by just running Hammer Station. In fact, for casual players conquest will become even easier than it is now.

50000 Conquest points in 6.0 are equal to 10000 in 5.10

Please define "a couple of hours".

I just played 5 Hammer Stations in a row (on the PTS) and am not even remotely near 50.000 conquest points. Did you make those numbers up?

Edited by JattaGin