Who else just realised that the Cartel Sale ended on the 21st and not on the 22nd?

Aresnar

First off I know this is mostly my own fault and that I am an idiot. :o

I honestly thought that the Cartel Sale would last until the actual patch day, so imagine my shock when I just logged in and saw the sale was over.... :(

While I would like to suggest that next BW make an ingame count down on the sale or maybe not have two BIG dates so close to each other, I do realise I screwed up.

That being said since misery loves company I was wondering who else made a similar mistake? (I asked on General Chat and found 3 others immedietly so thought I would look for more...)

My assumption was that the sale would end at 12pm GMT, since this is the time on Monday is when weekly deals always begin and end, and this time each day is when daily deals always begin and end. Past performance indeed proved to be an indicator of future outcomes. Nonetheless, the fact that this was predictable doesn't mean we should lack compassion for anyone who missed out. It's never a nice experience and I'm sorry it happened for you.

I thought it would be later today, like 11:59ish.

Glad I bought everything yesterday. Came back with 5k cartel coins, down to 40.

Yeah I knew it was today but it ended at reset time rather than later which is what I was expecting as well.

I hate it when advertisers do this.

They really need to clarify the desired meaning of "until."

Would it kill them to add a specific time (such as, "Sale ends Monday with weekly server restarts.")?

I'm glad I got everything I wanted yesterday, but this is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

I hate it when advertisers do this.

They really need to clarify the desired meaning of "until."

Would it kill them to add a specific time (such as, "Sale ends Monday with weekly server restarts.")?

I'm glad I got everything I wanted yesterday, but this is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

I checked swtor calendar, which showed it ending today. As with all resets, that meant 12am today.

https://swtorcalendar.com/

It's really not that difficult. If you're unsure about when something is beginning or ending, check the calendar. We have that resource for a reason.

I checked swtor calendar, which showed it ending today. As with all resets, that meant 12am today.

https://swtorcalendar.com/

It's really not that difficult. If you're unsure about when something is beginning or ending, check the calendar. We have that resource for a reason.

Is this calendar part of the game or the forums or in any way affiliated with SWTOR?

Is this calendar part of the game or the forums or in any way affiliated with SWTOR?

This is actually the first time I've heard of this calendar! It doesn't seem to be official. But in the sidebar of the page, it does show official SWTOR account tweets, one of which (a retweet) says the exact time the sale will (and did) end. So there's that.

This is actually the first time I've heard of this calendar! It doesn't seem to be official. But in the sidebar of the page, it does show official SWTOR account tweets, one of which (a retweet) says the exact time the sale will (and did) end. So there's that.

Yeah, I did some digging and noticed the calendar has nothing to do with Bioware. It's just a third-party site.

I also learned that I should get my SWTOR info from twitter instead of the forums, lol.

In future why don't they just put the finish date to be the last FULL day to avoid confusion? I got most of what I wanted but if it finishs up on 21st it should be availabe to the end of the day imo.

Its gas that this is one of the rare thing that happens early or on time but things like patch notes out on Monday means late on Monday and game updates for September (or even delayed 'till October) means late in the month.

The word "Until" that they used is pretty clear. It means until the day specified. Not the end of, the through, until that day. While it may not be known, but the timer that they generally use is the same timer used for the daily sales in the CM. So if something goes Until XX day, then it means Until that day when the timer for day starts over.

The only exception is things like must subscribe by promos. Those are always end at 11:59:59 pm of the day they give.

In future why don't they just put the finish date to be the last FULL day to avoid confusion? I got most of what I wanted but if it finishs up on 21st it should be availabe to the end of the day imo..

In fairness, this game has players all around the globe in polar opposite time zones, so at least one time zone technically did in effect experience what you are asking for.

What players really have to do is to look at the exact time and time zone referenced when any sale or event is posted. To the best of my knowledge, they always do specify the exact minute they plan to start/stop events.