Solo ranked matchmaking is a joke!

ilifus

I lost 3 games in a roll, because they had tank and offhealer (sorc joining as dps) and we had only tank! How is that fair when we had zero chance of winning those games? Where is the fun when you know they win by setup and you can't do anything?

Is there a chance a single Dev to care about this and fix it? :rolleyes:

Fair play, unfortunately, is not something the devs were taught as children...

LOL this made my day..! Btw lost 4 games in a roll all vs the same offhealer.. Why he never join my group? FFS!

LOL this made my day..! Btw lost 4 games in a roll all vs the same offhealer.. Why he never join my group? FFS!

I know this is petty of me, but on the off chance you just don't know...it's "on a roll" and "in a row."

lol if it were only that...long queues just to get teamed with afkers, leavers, muppets or stardamons, crappy geared noobs or arrogant hardcore players in an environment broken ELO gains/losses, incorrect Hybrid-Cheese class matching, heaven for self sufficient classes, etc, etc...

I lost 3 games in a roll, because they had tank and offhealer (sorc joining as dps) and we had only tank! How is that fair when we had zero chance of winning those games? Where is the fun when you know they win by setup and you can't do anything?

It's not funny of course but...

if you had had good DPS you could have killed that sorc. 3 DPS on 1 sorc, all interrupt him, he just can't heal that burst, no AOE heal.

It's not funny of course but...

if you had had good DPS you could have killed that sorc. 3 DPS on 1 sorc, all interrupt him, he just can't heal that burst, no AOE heal.

Well guarded healer means 50% damage reduction. Sorc healers have interrupt immunity which last like 10 secs i think so they do get some heals off which in ranked make all the difference. If they can get out their channel heal and crit it is 9k heal. When it is a game of suitability that makes all the difference.

And dont say pushbacks or stuns because resolve bar fills up pretty quick and they have barrier breaker and normal cc breaker so they have a grouped ranked setup which is completely unfair.

In all honesty I have beaten it in solo a few times but that was only because we had a combat sent on our team who we could sit on the healer whilst we downed another dps. A shadow would be ok for it but unless you have one of those classes that healer will be a happy healer.

Children of today weren't taught it, either ... Sadly ...

Ya, today they pay the losers the same prize as the winners because "you are all special".

Then they learn that losing is profitable and stop trying to win.

I think if you made a game that was truly fair, not many would play it.

kick all skank healers from their guilds and problem a bit solved ... community might have some rulezzz

english is my 3rd language :p

ARENAS are the joke, and they always will be. We need standard warzones to be added to ranked. They're less susceptible to random chance: the higher player numbers make it less likely that a give team will get "out-roled" and have a greater reliance on strategy and counter-strategies. The sooner that devs come to realize this the better.

ARENAS are the joke, and they always will be. We need standard warzones to be added to ranked. They're less susceptible to random chance: the higher player numbers make it less likely that a give team will get "out-roled" and have a greater reliance on strategy and counter-strategies. The sooner that devs come to realize this the better.

Exactly, WoW screwed themselves when they added arenas, for the same reason, small teams just accentuate balance issues. Naturally BW copied the bad mistakes...

Soon all your classes end up having to be watered down, because 3 stun seconds is forever in arena and nothing in WZ.

• 1 month later...

Had an arena where our 4 dps went against 2 dps and 2 heals. Probably would have been more fun had there been 3 and 1.

And no, the 2 healer team wasn't a pre-made. It was imp on imp with only one 2 dps pre-made, the rest were solo's.

I lost 11 games in a row, because the other team had all +1800 index (healer with +2700 ) when i had under geared players with no index and lvl 49-52 stuff!

i faced almost the same team each time!

How is that possible why i don t get two of them in my team for a fair fight?

Edited by Ancagalon

It happens probably because there is no matchmaking beyond "db-index" or somesuch nonsense. *shrugs*

They really should have:

- added class requirements: 1 heal, 1 tank, 2 dd (or respective hybrids with 'most points in..')

- removed bolster from ranked

- remove solo queue from all Arena matches

- added a system: You have to win 3 times regular in a row to be promoted to ranked. If you lose 5 times in a row you get 'demoted' from ranked.

It happens probably because there is no matchmaking beyond "db-index" or somesuch nonsense. *shrugs*

They really should have:

- added class requirements: 1 heal, 1 tank, 2 dd (or respective hybrids with 'most points in..')

- added a system: You have to win 3 times regular in a row to be promoted to ranked. If you lose 5 times in a row you get 'demoted' from ranked.

Lol, nobody is playing ranked anymore and some people still like to increase the requirements.

They really should have:

This is enough:

1. Permit only PVP gear (no exploits with PVE bonuses)

2. Remove bolster from ranked (rule #1 makes bolster obsolete)

3. Forbid switching of stance and gear on arena (tank/dps/heals)

4. If >20 points in tank/heals tree then consider player as a tank/healer

Edited by TurboDron