End of Expanded Universe?

Mordegrus

Is the end of the Star Wars Expanded Universe the Legacy comics?

Last year's Star Wars Legacy: War was the end of the EU yes. But the end for this time. There was plenty of foreshadowing and possibilities left open in the end of that series. And a lot wasn't covered when the first series was rushed, so more info there to cover.

SPOILERS

As far as I know, there is no contradiction or anything to suggest that the Legacy series is close to being retconned. I could see something in the future, if perhaps the events are rewritten into a novel series (though I'm still waiting for a novelized retcon of Dark Empire). Age differences suggest Ben is Cade's grandfather. And we saw the ghost of Luke Skywalker speaking with Cade (Which seems very natural).

Otherwise, the movie characters are basically all absent from the series, to make room for whatever fate awaits them. Heck, at 110 years old, Ben Skywalker could still be alive even.

For the most part efforts seem to have been made elsewhere in the EU to accommodate Legacy. This includes Bane's Holocron which appeared in the Legacy comics (only to be destroyed by Krayte) before the book where it was constructed. As well as Krayte's appearance in Apocalypse.

There are some recent events however which differ from Legacy (though do not contradict it)

Allanah's fate/legacy. While they probably want to avoid this, as they'd like to leave that to the authors writing about her, We do see the descendants of Ben, as well Jaina (most likely), but there's nothing in the series to even acknowledge her.

Vestara's fate/legacy. It was a really neat development to see Vestara joining the One Sith. I kind of figured that the One would assimilate the Lost Tribe, thus acquiring the vast numbers they have during the Legacy era. This does kind of make way for that.

Jag stepping down. Jagged Fel is supposedly Emperor Fel the first, with Roan Fel as his grandson (Though Jaina's gonna have to start popping them out soon if this is to happen on time) Either way, Jag is no longer in position to take over as Emperor, though this could happen through other means still.

Either way, It's good if the Canon strays from the path which leads it to Legacy, because this makes way for more potential stories.

You realise even thinking about threatning a human life over a fiction character is pathetic right?

That just means that the character was really great and well written a similar reaction was had when Sherlock Holmes died.

Now, with Mara Jade's death, I was extremely pissed off, and not so much by her dying, but dying in such a useless way. Then Karen Traviss's attitude didn't help matters, since she had set out to kill Mara Jade and didn't care what anyone had to say about it.

Did I send her death threats? I was tempted, but no. There were already enough rabids doing that, and even though I didn't like it, sending stuff like that wouldn't help.

And when some Star Wars fans don't like something, they emo/nerdRAGE and send death threats to George and the Expanded Universe authors who offend them. They are the truly rabid fans that believe they are A. Experts on How Star Wars Should Be, and B. Death To All Who Say Otherwise.

All true.

Yep. Take Chewie's death for example. Personally, I thought it was pretty Epic that it took a whole moon to kill him. Others didn't like it, but he died fulfilling his lifedebt to Han by saving Anakin's life.

Now, with Mara Jade's death, I was extremely pissed off, and not so much by her dying, but dying in such a useless way. Then Karen Traviss's attitude didn't help matters, since she had set out to kill Mara Jade and didn't care what anyone had to say about it.

Did I send her death threats? I was tempted, but no. There were already enough rabids doing that, and even though I didn't like it, sending stuff like that wouldn't help.

And when some Star Wars fans don't like something, they emo/nerdRAGE and send death threats to George and the Expanded Universe authors who offend them. They are the truly rabid fans that believe they are A. Experts on How Star Wars Should Be, and B. Death To All Who Say Otherwise.

It shocked me when Chewie was killed. I agree it was epic that it took a freaking moon to do it. I also agree about Mara's death. It wasn't useless as it opened Ben's eyes to what Jacen was becoming AND brought him and Luke together. The way she died was very lame, however. I also did not agree with KT even killing Mara. Her attitude afterward turned me off to her writings. The death threats sent to her were uncalled for though. I was upset and angry but I did not wish any harm to the woman.

As for the EU...That may end only when the Earth is destroyed. Until then I think Star wars will live on. Atleast until the end of the year when the world is supposedly going to end :p lol.

It shocked me when Chewie was killed. I agree it was epic that it took a freaking moon to do it. I also agree about Mara's death. It wasn't useless as it opened Ben's eyes to what Jacen was becoming AND brought him and Luke together. The way she died was very lame, however. I also did not agree with KT even killing Mara. Her attitude afterward turned me off to her writings. The death threats sent to her were uncalled for though. I was upset and angry but I did not wish any harm to the woman.

As for the EU...That may end only when the Earth is destroyed. Until then I think Star wars will live on. Atleast until the end of the year when the world is supposedly going to end :p lol.

Lol not according to anotehr Myan tablet alledgedly. We have at least 6000 omre years :p .

You realise even thinking about threatning a human life over a fiction character is pathetic right?

Mara Jade's life worth more than hers. Oh and thank you for giving me a name. I might be tempted to at least "accidentally" spill soda all over her if I ever see her at Con...along with Kevin Maguire and George Perez ((DC fans might get that comment)).

Mara Jade's life worth more than hers. Oh and thank you for giving me a name. I might be tempted to at least "accidentally" spill soda all over her if I ever see her at Con...along with Kevin Maguire and George Perez ((DC fans might get that comment)).

Well, since Traviss has been fired from LL, I seriously doubt that she'd be at con for her Star Wars books... but if she is, make sure you spill that COLD soda down her back. And as for Maguire and Perez....WTMF WERE THEY THINKING????? Ugh... don't get me started. /facepalm

Well, since Traviss has been fired from LL, I seriously doubt that she'd be at con for her Star Wars books... but if she is, make sure you spill that COLD soda down her back. And as for Maguire and Perez....WTMF WERE THEY THINKING????? Ugh... don't get me started. /facepalm

She would be there because she's writing Halo Novels for 343 Studios to coincide with Halo 4. Not only that she is a lead writer for the Gears of War novel I.E. The Reason you have chicks to fight with in Gears 3.

She would be there because she's writing Halo Novels for 343 Studios to coincide with Halo 4. Not only that she is a lead writer for the Gears of War novel I.E. The Reason you have chicks to fight with in Gears 3.

Then I hope AhsokaTanoRules brings some cold Pepsi One and an "accident" occurs with Karen Traviss's head and a drenching. I use "Pepsi One" because she doesn't deserve Mountain Dew. :p:D

Then I hope AhsokaTanoRules brings some cold Pepsi One and an "accident" occurs with Karen Traviss's head and a drenching. I use "Pepsi One" because she doesn't deserve Mountain Dew. :p:D

Good Luck. She'll probably have a cadre of MandoMercs members as protection. OMG....epic idea...how about you stage a massive Faux Star Wars Battle as a Diversion. Jedi vs Mandalorians and everything. :cool: Would love to catch that on camera at the next Con :D

Edited by CassusVerda

Good Luck. She'll probably have a cadre of MandoMercs members as protection. OMG....epic idea...how about you stage a massive Faux Star Wars Battle as a Diversion. Jedi vs Mandalorians and everything. :cool: Would love to catch that on camera at the next Con :D

That would be Epic. What would be even more Epic? Filming Ahsoka dumping the soda all over Traviss while her bodyguards are otherwise occupied. :D

That would be Epic. What would be even more Epic? Filming Ahsoka dumping the soda all over Traviss while her bodyguards are otherwise occupied. :D

Easy enough to do. Distracting fandalorians is pretty simple. All you have to do is point in a random direction and yell out, "Hey look! Is that Jango Fett?!" and they look every time.

I don't hate Karen Traviss although I was upset when she killed MJ. I think you guys are going too small, go coffee not a soft drink:p

Edited by Tuscad

Oh and about that no kill policy on Luke, Leia and Han. Somehow I get the feeling less people will be teary-eyed over Leia dying than Mara. I would have thought that that character would have run her course by now.

Oh and about that no kill policy on Luke, Leia and Han. Somehow I get the feeling less people will be teary-eyed over Leia dying than Mara. I would have thought that that character would have run her course by now.

Well all the main characters have died off now seeing as Legacy has gone very far into the future, but due to time they weren't killed off they just died from time which is reasonable.