Bioware are you going to do anything for guilds stuck on dead servers?

tolaez

As a GM on a dead server I have a lot of problems. My guild worked very hard to fully unlock our guild ship for example. This was a major feat for us that we strived towards over a long period of time. The thought of having to do that again.. Well.. I'm not going to do that again plainly.

My guild is not dead, we're ok. My server however is and people have paniced since hearing the price of transfers is increasing. What are we to do? Are you going to do anything to help us?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a GM on a dead server I have a lot of problems. My guild worked very hard to fully unlock our guild ship for example. This was a major feat for us that we strived towards over a long period of time. The thought of having to do that again.. Well.. I'm not going to do that again plainly.

My guild is not dead, we're ok. My server however is and people have paniced since hearing the price of transfers is increasing. What are we to do? Are you going to do anything to help us?

I hate to be harsh but honestly if other GMs kept the little new players that come into your dead server happy enough it could help revive a server idk about most people but for me only reason I won't stop playing this game is the people in it my guild makes me laugh every time I log in

I hate to be harsh but honestly if other GMs kept the little new players that come into your dead server happy enough it could help revive a server idk about most people but for me only reason I won't stop playing this game is the people in it my guild makes me laugh every time I log in

^^This

BW doesn't give a crap about "dead severs". Honestly what makes this game great is the players and the community not BW. You have the ability to make your server as great as you can or do nothing your choice. Like Nakoda said I will always play this game because of the good people I've met in my guild, they always get me to come back. :)

lol.. Ok guys.. Been running this guild since pre-launch. Not my first rodeo ;)

Your comments are not really relevant to be honest. There's serious problems that one decent guild can not rectify. People will always come and go from any guild naturally for a great variety of reasons. Real life, new job, changing to different games etc etc. If the server is dead though the pool to recruit from doesn't exist and any guild in that situation will have a hard time sustaining itself. It's a serious problem that should be addressed by Bioware.

Start to contact these social services if you feel like your guild is paying for services not being rendered.

Better Business Bureau

The Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton

State of Texas Center for Consumer & External Affairs

General Consumer Resources from Small claims court to legal assistance

As mentioned in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=880714 you do not have right to a trial or class action lawsuit. The EULA contains language for binding arbitration as a player's final recourse. All of the above means nothing because you agreed to the EULA signifying the above means nothing.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Start to contact these social services if you feel like your guild is paying for services not being rendered.

Better Business Bureau

Are you going to repost this everywhere?

NOWHERE has BW promised they'll pander to the needs of every needy guild. Go ahead and make requests of them, it'll be a hell of a lot more effective than threatening BS legal action and consumer complaints.

Better Business Bureau

Lol nah that's nonsense. Guilds and characters and everything in this game literally belongs to BW and they can do with it as they please. You have no rights to any of it.

Better Business Bureau

Well, you can "report" this but anyone actually reading the EULA/ToS would know this is like micturating upwind. :)

with the level sync even if you lose your precious guildship it is so easy to farm flagship plans that it is unreal. u can4 man the named ones. So all you would be losing is plain credits. And that is not a problem either 10 minutes of tatooine heroic almost 800k. IMHO if you want to keep your guild alive and happy they might deserve a better envoriment in which case the ship is just a plus and can be replaced easily.

They DID! They gave you 90cc transfers. Using your guild ship as an excuse to stay put is just ridiculous...the ship is replaceable, players aren't.

Not only did you screw your guild over by not transferring sooner, you now reward Bioware by giving them MORE $ to do so.

This community has become so toxic. The lack of sympathy an the amount of trolls is surreal.

:jawa_frown:

Sympathy? For whom? People too stubborn to realize they needed to transfer? My guild made that call almost a year ago...it's not new...it's been happening for ages.

There's nothing "toxic" about telling him he and his whole guild is now screwed by not moving sooner. I too would go down with my friends if that's what they wanted to do, but to ask what Bioware plans to do is ludicrous. They've given him almost a year to move...he didn't. He's screwed now.

Sympathy? For whom? People too stubborn to realize they needed to transfer? My guild made that call almost a year ago...it's not new...it's been happening for ages.

There's nothing "toxic" about telling him he and his whole guild is now screwed by not moving sooner. I too would go down with my friends if that's what they wanted to do, but to ask what Bioware plans to do is ludicrous. They've given him almost a year to move...he didn't. He's screwed now.

Toxic comment spoted ^^

:jawa_angel::jawa_angel::jawa_angel:

Edited by TheMadProphet

Honest and straight to the point...not toxic. You're not my kids...I have no obligation to sugar coat things for you.

I will say that TUXs post in another thread is what finally gave me the push to realize that I was being stubborn by not moving. I posted back up to my guild that I felt I was being stubborn and "cutting off my nose to spite my face" my staying put on Bastion and making BW move me so I didn't have to pay. We as a guild decided to transfer and even the most vocal against can say they feel a sort of rejuvenation. Now, don't know how long that feeling will stay, but it's better than the neverending gripe fest we were having daily about the state of the game, queue pops etc.

Now, I am still ticked that we had to bear the cost and loss associated with transferring, but better to have that than be stuck in a dying server watching people lose interest and leave.

So I don't think of what TUXs said as toxic, more of a tough truth that is trying to get people to get past their own stubbornness and realize being out some credits, character name, etc is better than losing the entire game.

I will say that TUXs post in another thread is what finally gave me the push to realize that I was being stubborn by not moving. I posted back up to my guild that I felt I was being stubborn and "cutting off my nose to spite my face" my staying put on Bastion and making BW move me so I didn't have to pay. We as a guild decided to transfer and even the most vocal against can say they feel a sort of rejuvenation. Now, don't know how long that feeling will stay, but it's better than the neverending gripe fest we were having daily about the state of the game, queue pops etc.

Now, I am still ticked that we had to bear the cost and loss associated with transferring, but better to have that than be stuck in a dying server watching people lose interest and leave.

So I don't think of what TUXs said as toxic, more of a tough truth that is trying to get people to get past their own stubbornness and realize being out some credits, character name, etc is better than losing the entire game.

I am SOOOOOOO happy to hear that Jamtas!!!! SOOO SO happy!!!

It sucks. It's unfair. It costs a lot of lost credits...but it's worth it!!!!

Can I ask where you guys ended up?

Most of guild was west coast based so we went to Harb. Honestly, our last arguments for holding out (wanting to have open world pvp - not for ganking, but to have fun organizing with opposite faction to stage open world fights) were made moot with the server changes. At that point it made no sense anymore past being stubborn.

Most of guild was west coast based so we went to Harb. Honestly, our last arguments for holding out (wanting to have open world pvp - not for ganking, but to have fun organizing with opposite faction to stage open world fights) were made moot with the server changes. At that point it made no sense anymore past being stubborn.

Thrilled to hear that!!! Please look me up - T'ux Pub side, T'u'x Imp side. The guild I'm in on the Imp side, Imperial Guard, runs PvP tournaments religiously every Friday night. GREAT GREAT people!!!

Thrilled to hear that!!! Please look me up - T'ux Pub side, T'u'x Imp side. The guild I'm in on the Imp side, Imperial Guard, runs PvP tournaments religiously every Friday night. GREAT GREAT people!!!

Will do, thx for letting me know. I know I've been much happier with the queue pops and there are a lot in my guild who want to get involved with server pvp. I'll share thar info

BW did help you already. They removed Server designations (PvE, PvP). They also removed the server status information on login (Light, Heavy, etc.). That matters because new players won't be persuaded one way or the other by those factors and will simply join a server somewhat randomly. If it meets their needs, they will stay on that server.

That's about all the help you're going to get. If population was a concern for you, you should have transferred for the 90CC when you had a chance as others have mentioned.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I'd call myself toxic before TUXs, since I have a rather acid temper at times. TUX is one of the cooler posters here, even if we don't agree on some major stuff.

Some points on this topic:

* It is in fact a shame that BW can't manage a way for guilds to move assets, or for players to move entire legacies, at a reasonable price.

* While the "temporary" 90 CC character transfer went on for a long while, BW did say that there would be multiple weeks warning before it ended, and instead players received a one-week notice.

* If a server population or atmosphere is negatively impacting someone's experience, they should strongly consider a transfer.

* A player should always consider what THEY want from the game, not what others insist they "should" want from the game, when making the decision to transfer, especially as the cost goes back up.