so, no new maps yet?

dancezwithnubz

In February... The team deathmatch map(s?). I agree that Kuat and Lost are getting a bit old.

I would like a cap ship vs cap ship map or two myself...

A map editor would be cool but I am 100% certain it would never happen :(

Edited by archifikoss

i can't understand why a company wouldn't want to release a map editor for games like this. it's free content for BW.

i did some mapmaking for FarCry2, it's a lot of fun and the number of good maps to play in that game grew to HUGE proportions.

In February... The team deathmatch map(s?). I agree that Kuat and Lost are getting a bit old.

I would like a cap ship vs cap ship map or two myself...

At least on the PTS, Team Deathmatch doesn't come w/ any new maps, it just takes place on Kuat and Lost Shipyards w/ the satellites removed.

i can't understand why a company wouldn't want to release a map editor for games like this. it's free content for BW.

i did some mapmaking for FarCry2, it's a lot of fun and the number of good maps to play in that game grew to HUGE proportions.

Free content or not, judging from their stance on add-ons I doubt they'll let anything third party into the game irrespective of the quality, especially something they'd have to monitor and test quite extensively like player made maps. I know that the modding community and talented fans can make some amazing and creative stuff, hell they've even completed unfinished rushed games for the devs. It's just that BWs stance in this is too rigid.

At least on the PTS, Team Deathmatch doesn't come w/ any new maps, it just takes place on Kuat and Lost Shipyards w/ the satellites removed.

Ugh... Really? That's just lazy. I mean I love GSF, and Bioware has slowly crept back into my good(ish) books since GSF and their WIP on DA:I, but how do they expect to keep GSF interesting for months down the road with just two (and very similar) maps?

patience is a virtue... i expect we'll be getting more Maps with the full release, remember we're still in early access and don't even have all our ships available yet... this thing doesn't go live till February... or if it makes you more comfortable, think of it as a staggered release...

I prefer objective based play. That's too bad.

As for new maps, my gut says they gave at least one more they are holding on to already but they are staggering the releases.

patience is a virtue... i expect we'll be getting more Maps with the full release, remember we're still in early access and don't even have all our ships available yet... this thing doesn't go live till February... or if it makes you more comfortable, think of it as a staggered release...

I hope so mate. I may be a bit tired of the same two maps but I still enjoy GSF a lot... I am worried about its long term success and retention though. I really hope it succeeds enough to warrant the developer time and resources for at least somewhat steady upgrades. I don't mean a map a month or something outrageous like that, I would just like to see enough to keep GSF alive and fresh!