Sith assassin lightsaber question

Mistglide

Hi guys,

So I've been playing for a while now, but I've actually never stuck with the sith inquisitor class (always ended up going with sith warrior and agent/bounty hunter etc), so I want to give the sith inquisitor a shot for story purposes (no PVP).

I'm planning to roll a sith assassin since I heard sith sorcerors are mainly all ranged type and barely any lightsaber skills and I don't really like that. But my question is, can you use a single-bladed lightsaber for the assassin? Will you be heavily nerfed if you use a singleblade in terms of damage, combat ability, skill usage, etc?

(Not going to use this character for PVP, just want to know if I can pass through class stories, flashpoint stories, eternal throne, onslaught etc with a single-blade lightsaber assassin, I just don't like double blades lol)

Thanks

Edited by Mistglide
wanted to add more detail

But my question is, can you use a single-bladed lightsaber for the assassin?

no. your abilities literally will not work on assassin without a double bladed saber

the point of the class is a double bladed saber

You can't use traditional single lightsaber however go to cartel maket and preview light pikes.

Yeah I know they are not the same but perhaps you will enlike them.

They come with different animations so perhaps before you purchase something expensive you should try out cheapest availiable light pike.

You can't use traditional single lightsaber however go to cartel maket and preview light pikes.

Yeah I know they are not the same but perhaps you will enlike them.

They come with different animations so perhaps before you purchase something expensive you should try out cheapest availiable light pike.

yea, since you can equip the single lightsaber, i was hoping that I could just pass through the sith inquisitor story using only a single blade, but since 90% of the moves revolve around a double, thats kinda hard lol. I'll check the pikes out. Although if push comes to shove, I might just go with the sorc since they carry singles although they're ranged.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
It is unfortunate that Assassins are still stuck with the awkward looking saberstaff rather than the traditional single bladed lightsaber.

After all these years a little weapon freedom would be appreciated.

but that what makes assassins unique..if i want a single blade lightsaber player..i have juggs, maras, and sorcs to use..so pick your poison..double blade lightsaber just look better on assassins and there skill animations..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I like double-bladed sabers, but I very much dislike how this game married weapon types to classes allowing 0 choice whatsoever in a game that's supposed to be about choice. Can't choose lightsaber setup as jedi or sith, can't choose pistols or blaster/sniper rifles as bounty hunters (or even melee weaps, techblades/vibroblades/etc.), and so on...

I've been playing this game since the beginning with a couple breaks, and I've loved it, but this has always bothered me.