Golden Guide - Voidstar

Polymerize

Attackers can instantly respawn meanwhile defenders just cannot ?

Why is this so un-balanced ?

With the instand respawn rate the possibility to get through the doors is imho much, much higher than to defend them,

because instant respawn = instand attack,

meanwhile defenders are hindered from defending by not being able to instantly respawn.

................................... really.....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

................................... really.....

he is either a troll or ____ (you fill in the blank). I generously chose to believe he his trolling.

This thread is about how to play Voidstar as it is. Not about why it is the way it is or how to change it.

TANGENT: I really wish BW would deputize some volunteer mods (e.g. me) to move off topic posts into containment threads so they don't pollute otherwise excellent discussions. The "how resolve works" thread is also awesome but it is even more polluted by off topic criticism of the system. Sigh.

he is either a troll or ____ (you fill in the blank). I generously chose to believe he his trolling.

This thread is about how to play Voidstar as it is. Not about why it is the way it is or how to change it.

TANGENT: I really wish BW would deputize some volunteer mods (e.g. me) to move off topic posts into containment threads so they don't pollute otherwise excellent discussions. The "how resolve works" thread is also awesome but it is even more polluted by off topic criticism of the system. Sigh.

Aye. Moderators would be nice. Think about it; interesting/revealing/intelligent discussions could take place, that would be nice.

I've never actually heard that you can somehow see when the defender's forcefield is going down. This should be helpful.

However, exatcly where does it show this in the door? Also, is it somewhere where melee characters fighting at the door can see it?

I've never actually heard that you can somehow see when the defender's forcefield is going down. This should be helpful.

However, exatcly where does it show this in the door? Also, is it somewhere where melee characters fighting at the door can see it?

When you are "in the box" you see a circle on the door, right? That circle is divided into 4 quarters. The door opens, the door closes and the circle has 4 full quarters. Each second the circle pulses (blinks). Each 5 seconds a quarter of the circle disappears. The door opens when the last quarter of the circle disappears. If this description is new to you, pay attention next time you are in the box in any WZ that has a box (i.e. not Civil War).

A ranged attacker can position himself so that he can see both the defenders door (the circle) and the area of interest (i.e. the door he is attacking). This ranged can call out the door status to team mates in voice chat.

It is hard for a melee attacker to keep an eye on the door due to the nature of melee pursuit. On the other hand, just as a defender tries to always fight facing the door so that he can switch to interrupt a bomb planter, a melee attacker can prefer to face towards the door in the hope that he can see it. Of course this is not needed in a 4-man or better premade.

On defense, the off door guard (if there is no action on the off door) can call out the door "ticks" if there is nobody in the box to do so. This is useful if the other team is not following the golden rule as it allows defenders to chose the best time for defensive cooldowns (full or nearly full door).

Edited by funkiestj

When you are "in the box" you see a circle on the door, right? That circle is divided into 4 quarters. The door opens, the door closes and the circle has 4 full quarters. Each second the circle pulses (blinks). Each 5 seconds a quarter of the circle disappears. The door opens when the last quarter of the circle disappears. If this description is new to you, pay attention next time you are in the box in any WZ that has a box (i.e. not Civil War).

A ranged attacker can position himself so that he can see both the defenders door (the circle) and the area of interest (i.e. the door he is attacking). This ranged can call out the door status to team mates in voice chat.

It is hard for a melee attacker to keep an eye on the door due to the nature of melee pursuit. On the other hand, just as a defender tries to always fight facing the door so that he can switch to interrupt a bomb planter, a melee attacker can prefer to face towards the door in the hope that he can see it. Of course this is not needed in a 4-man or better premade.

On defense, the off door guard (if there is no action on the off door) can call out the door "ticks" if there is nobody in the box to do so. This is useful if the other team is not following the golden rule as it allows defenders to chose the best time for defensive cooldowns (full or nearly full door).

^ True dis.

Hey,

My guild recently started a ranked team and we noticed we needed to work on our strategies in the voidstar. Thanks a bunch for making this guide, it's mandatory reading for all members for our team now ;)

Hope you find time to add some more info to it soon :D

Any feedback for me yet?

You have to be an English major to know the difference between "attackers" and "attacker's"?

no, but you need to be an English major to care.

I would not object if Bioware recruited a bunch of grammer nazis to proof read and work with the authors to correct usage but if I have to chose between awesome posts with spelling and syntax mistakes verses context free posts with perfect grammar then I'll take the former thank you very much.

(implied bump)

Edited by funkiestj

no, but you need to be an English major to care.

I would not object if Bioware recruited a bunch of grammer nazis to proof read and work with the authors to correct usage but if I have to chose between awesome posts with spelling and syntax mistakes verses context free posts with perfect grammar then I'll take the former thank you very much.

(implied bump)

Thanks for the repeated friendly bumps, Funk.

I don't make additions to this guide, nor make other guides, because I get jack diddly for responses. The responses I do get are mostly like this typical nerd trying to make a conversation concerning the 'lack of correct english' in my thread. Wish I could delete comments like that so my guide could stay on topic and clean.

I have this friend who, on defense, will /stuck right before the bomb goes off, or right before the door comes down, to be in an advantageous position will full health/resources. I wonder how you feel about what my friend does. What if my friend sees that the other team is doing it? Again, this is all coming from my friend.

I have this friend who, on defense, will /stuck right before the bomb goes off, or right before the door comes down, to be in an advantageous position will full health/resources. I wonder how you feel about what my friend does. What if my friend sees that the other team is doing it? Again, this is all coming from my friend.

Your friend has the right idea. He is right on track.

BUT - I consider that to be an exploit so I do not do it.... I wouldn't want anyone I'm versing to do it either.

But I'd rather my teammate/enemy be competent, rather than bad, so it is a Catch 22. :rolleyes:

Forget about the trolls, your post was one of the best on the PvP forums.

You should write guides about the other WZ too.

Nevermind those idiots commenting the grammar, and think about all the people that read your post, understood it, and didn't post back.

BTW, this should be [sTICKY] by now.

Forget about the trolls, your post was one of the best on the PvP forums.

You should write guides about the other WZ too.

Nevermind those idiots commenting the grammar, and think about all the people that read your post, understood it, and didn't post back.

BTW, this should be [sTICKY] by now.

Thanks for the kind words. I get blinded easily by the trolls...

After 2.0 hits I decide whether or not to finish this guide, or to make a guide for Huttball.

Thanks again, see you around on POT5 :D