Need Help Using Video Recording for PVP

SOULCASTER

Kinda unrelated to PVP, but I know you PvPers often record your matches. I recently remembered I was an old FRAPS purchaser, and so I recently downloaded the new FRAPS Software and started recroding. Great quality, easy to use program....

However, the 15-20min warzone matches on footage are turning out to be 30-39gig files with Fraps. They take like literally 6-10 hours to upload on to youtube, and as you can imagine DEVOURING my hard drive space.

My friend said he records 10min trial-version vids using Bandicam, and they are like 250mega-byte files. Night and Day in comparison to file size yet the same quality vids.

So I gotta ask some of you:

- What program do you use for PvP Video Recording of warzones?

- What are the file sizes of these 15-20min vids?

- If you use FRAPS, what can I do to tone down the file sizes?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Uncompressed video files in 1080p are huge. You need to get some video editing software. Personally I use Sony Vegas. A 10 minute video uploaded in 1080p is 293 megs.

[edit] I use Fraps to record gameplay sessions.

Edited by TalonKorr

Uncompressed video files in 1080p are huge. You need to get some video editing software. Personally I use Sony Vegas. A 10 minute video uploaded in 1080p is 293 megs.

[edit] I use Fraps to record gameplay sessions.

What version do you use? I see there are a lot, I dont need to do anything fancy with the videos, just post them really. MAYBE add music or txt in them later down the road. But I am looking for a pretty basic set up, nothing fancy.

I use the HD Platinum Suite 10, which appears to be about two versions out of date.

Here's the most updated version on Amazon.

It's not hard to use software, and there's plenty of video tutorials on YouTube, I'd recommend looking at a few before dropping cash. If you want to compare quality and whatnot, this is the last video I uploaded, no special effects really b/c it's meant to be a bit of a troll video, but this is the 10 minute, 293 meg file I was referencing in my prior post.

Another alternative to videos is streaming, which I've been experimenting with for the past year. I've recently discovered/had recommended to me OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) and after a year of using xSplit, this software is the ****. Lighter PC load, more configurable, better features, easy to use. Just watched a setup guide on it and had it up and running with no probs.

Anyway, hope this helps.