I'm looking for opinions on this Hybrid build

wiseplagues

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZfsrzdoMozZcMcRs0z.1

Here's my average priority...

Put up CD

Put up affliction (always keep up)

FL until madness procs

If CD is on cool down use LS good chance for CL

Use CL when it procs assuming its safe to do so.

Rinse and repeat. At the end of the fight I am nearly full of FP even with throwing on bubbles when they are gone.

This build seems to give both a steady stream of damage, with the occasional burst. Such as having barrage proc, then Madness, using LS and getting a CL proc. Lots of damage in a short amount of time.

Anyway, I welcome opinions.

Edited by wiseplagues

This is what I'm working on.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccrbdoMZcrcRsMkM.1

Is a variation of the same hybrid build, but with more emphasis on the madness side. This maximizes CC abilities and still maintaining good lightning based damage.

Damage is mainly done by doting with affliction, then death field and force lightning or chain lightning.

Same as your built your looking for wrath to proc, but adds the application of death mark to enhance the effect of affliction and any other periodic damage.

I would take the 3 points out of seeping darkness and finish off forked lightning and conduction. Also, why only 2/3 for Chain Shock? All or none.

I can see that, I was trying to bump up the crit for more chances at Effusion and lightning barrage. As it stands right now, the crits on FL when buffed are around 1k a tick.

Edit - Also I updated it to have 3/3 chain shock. I was lazy and had modified someone else's link and didn't notice that. It should have been 3/3 to begin with.

Edited by wiseplagues

Seeping darkness is not needed... thats three points back... lightning spire also is a waste... you have good range as is... and its only for some things, not all attacks so you will have to close the gap anyway for rotation and its only 5 m so just walk closer... you are still pretty far. You have pretty good force regen, so you can also pull the two points out of reserve because you really dont need the extra 100 force, unless you are really running low... but shouldnt be a problem...

The only other difference I see is that you can put two points in backlash. I dont understand why more people dont do this. Its a three second blind when your barrier breaks on anyone you cast it on... Thats three seconds of no damage... and we spam shield all the time on tanks (I know I do). Three seconds of 4 mobs not doing damage is alot... Since you placed points in barrage to make it stronger, I assume you use it alot... so why not have it blind when it pops since it will pop all the time?

Here is what I am going.... (madness first)

http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/?p=000000000000000000030302221120122130003020302131001000000

What do you think???

PS I dont really understand what Polarity shift does... because I dont really know what alacrity is... is that a stat, and if so... what does it boost?

Seeping darkness is not needed... thats three points back... lightning spire also is a waste... you have good range as is... and its only for some things, not all attacks so you will have to close the gap anyway for rotation and its only 5 m so just walk closer... you are still pretty far. You have pretty good force regen, so you can also pull the two points out of reserve because you really dont need the extra 100 force, unless you are really running low... but shouldnt be a problem...

The only other difference I see is that you can put two points in backlash. I dont understand why more people dont do this. Its a three second blind when your barrier breaks on anyone you cast it on... Thats three seconds of no damage... and we spam shield all the time on tanks (I know I do). Three seconds of 4 mobs not doing damage is alot... Since you placed points in barrage to make it stronger, I assume you use it alot... so why not have it blind when it pops since it will pop all the time?

http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/?p=000000000000000000030302221120122130003020302131001000000

What do you think???

PS I dont really understand what Polarity shift does... because I dont really know what alacrity is... is that a stat, and if so... what does it boost?

If you don't grasp the importance of extra range on your abilities or what polarity shift does, then you probably shouldn't be commenting on builds and telling people they are wrong.

I'm actually building on a CC-heavy version of a similar build.

For leveling and PVE content, having up to 3 target whirlwind that's instant and stuns for 2 seconds if broken prematurely is invaluable. You can plow through mobs with a strong single-target DPS companion, with very little actual tanking needed except on gold or platinum mobs. It also makes Tumult fun.

If you don't grasp the importance of extra range on your abilities or what polarity shift does, then you probably shouldn't be commenting on builds and telling people they are wrong.

Edit: This. Also the guy you quoting saying he doesn't know what Alacrity is? You can mouse over that stat, and at the bare minimum you can take out a dictionary and see that it means 'speed'. Not too hard for those with a minimum of elementary scholastic accomplishment.

Edited by Onager

What do you think???

Let's see, where do I begin. I prefer to keep as much range as I possibly can, but I could possibly move that point over to Lightning barrier, but I have to keep that point down there to go up to Polarity shift. As I mentioned earlier, I look at the crit as a way to help Lightning barrage go off, especially since FL is my main nuke. Yes, I do have great regen, but again, I need the points, and who knows, those extra reserves may come in very handy on longer fights. Also, since I don't have anything to help my healing efficiency, in an emergency I can toss extra bubbles and heals.

As far as the backlash, it might be great for trash, but I would imagine that anything boss related is going to be immune, and all the way up to the last boss in EV, the trash isn't that hard. I can't speak to the other Op, or many of the hardmodes just yet.

Oh, and FYI Alacrity = haste. It also effects Lighting barrage and the GCD on anything that isn't an instant cast, so I'm starting to see lighting barrage casts of FL at ~1 sec.

My turn...

First, where in my entire post did I say he was wrong???? He ASKED for opinions and feedback, which is what I am providing... The original thread is titled "Im looking for OPINIONS on this hybrid build"

Second... lets talk about "you dont grasp the importance of extra range on your abilities" part. Lets see... Lightining spire only affects chain lightning, lightning strike and thundering blast, making it 35 m instead of 30 m. His own build eliminates thunderingblast so it would only benefit lightning strike and Chain lightning. Now his rotation has him hitting affliction (30M), spaming FL till wraith pops (also 30M) so he is already in range of 30 M already... why would he need extra 5M to cast just two spells? Do you think when he is ready, he is backing up to cast those??? That is why MY opinion of that point is a waste... now if it was to increase all casts by 5, then yes , well worth it... Lets say he opens with chain or lightning strike at max distance of 35, once he hits those two, he would have to walk up to 30 to cast anything else... how often would you do this? 30m is still a great range... all i am saying is the two that he would take advantage of, its not needed... because he is already in range anyway.... unless he plans to back up, move forward back up... come on man.

Third... no I didnt know what alacrity is... I looked in game under my character stats and didnt see that stat under anything to see a toolbar to tell me what it is... and as others have posted they said look it up in a dictionary... okay... online websters dictionary

"1. Liveliness and eagerness; "he accepted with alacrity".[Wordnet]

2. A cheerful readiness, willingness, or promptitude; joyous activity; briskness; sprightliness"

Other definitions:

Cheerfulness; gaiety; sprightliness; more usually, a cheerful readiness or promptitude to do some act; cheerful willingness

Yeah, that helps... it makes it sound like I will increase my cheerfullness for 20 seconds... I guess I will start danceing in the middle of a fight...

Thank you to those that actually helped and gave me info that it means speed or haste, I would still like to see it in game stat. Could someone tell me where to find it under my settings or UI so I can see what my alacrity rating is, so it hopefully will have a toolbar describing it. I have never heard the term before in all my gaming years. Its not a common stat and I dont know how Bioware is using it. I looked ingame for it when I saw what PS did... was looking to see what that increased by 20%. Couldnt find it under my characters bio anywhere. Please point me in the right direction.

Edit: This. Also the guy you quoting saying he doesn't know what Alacrity is? You can mouse over that stat, and at the bare minimum you can take out a dictionary and see that it means 'speed'. Not too hard for those with a minimum of elementary scholastic accomplishment.

See above post... you could of offered help, but instead, you offered so much more....

Let's see, where do I begin. I prefer to keep as much range as I possibly can, but I could possibly move that point over to Lightning barrier, but I have to keep that point down there to go up to Polarity shift. As I mentioned earlier, I look at the crit as a way to help Lightning barrage go off, especially since FL is my main nuke. Yes, I do have great regen, but again, I need the points, and who knows, those extra reserves may come in very handy on longer fights. Also, since I don't have anything to help my healing efficiency, in an emergency I can toss extra bubbles and heals.

As far as the backlash, it might be great for trash, but I would imagine that anything boss related is going to be immune, and all the way up to the last boss in EV, the trash isn't that hard. I can't speak to the other Op, or many of the hardmodes just yet.

Oh, and FYI Alacrity = haste. It also effects Lighting barrage and the GCD on anything that isn't an instant cast, so I'm starting to see lighting barrage casts of FL at ~1 sec.

I addressed the range thing in post above, so wont get into that again... This build would work for your points you were worried about, so you can still have your PS, just another thought if you see you are not using all your force... but to each his own...

http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/?p=030000000000000000030302220120122011003020302131001000000

You can change the two points from backlash to reserve for extra force if you need, but it will work to get you what you had... in fact this is very close to my build.. I am just testing to see if the 3% crit increase would be better than finishing forked lightning and extra point for something else.. our madness trees are the same...

As far as the trash mobs, vs elite... it works on elites per the language, it doesnt say only on normal or weak... and lets face it, on bosses, most things like blinds, roots, stuns, etc dont ever work to there full duration anyway... its the nature of bosses and how tough they are.. if they did, you could stun and root rotate with the right group and they would never be able to hit anyone.....

Again, we are just discussing... I never once said (as someone else implied) that you were wrong with this build or I am right... its called feedback.... please take it as such... I would love to hear opinions on builds and argue the weak and strong points of each...

What do you think???

The problem I really have isn't so much that you don't understand how to find what alacrity is in this game, it is the fact that you don't take a talent due to the fact that you don't seem to know what it does. If you don't know what a talent does, what business do you have entering a thread and showing your spec as some sort of something anyone should consider.

It is one thing to not know what something means, but when providing a spec in a thread on a hybrid spec, at least know what you are talking about and know the skills a bit better.

And as I have mentioned... there is no alacrity stat as I have looked for and know one here has bothered to say where it is in the game as I have asked repeadidly.... Its not under anything under your settings or charcter bio as a stat.... so YES, I will not be putting a point into something that Bioware has made so hard to just see what your rating of this stat is or people on this forum are so against helping someone out in just telling them where it is or what it does... So what is so wrong with NOT taking something blindly since you dont understand it... it could be as worthless as lightning spire.... but then again.. I dont know. So yes, I am going forward with my build without that stat until I understand it better and determine wether it is usefull or not..... some say it is worth it.... others dont bother....

I love that once again someone comments on the stat without saying anything about it...

Edited by Vortimous

And as I have mentioned... there is no alacrity stat as I have looked for and know one here has bothered to say where it is in the game as I have asked repeadidly.... Its not under anything under your settings or charcter bio as a stat.... so YES, I will not be putting a point into something that Bioware has made so hard to just see what your rating of this stat is or people on this forum are so against helping someone out in just telling them where it is or what it does... So what is so wrong with NOT taking something blindly since you dont understand it... it could be as worthless as lightning spire.... but then again.. I dont know. So yes, I am going forward with my build without that stat until I understand it better and determine wether it is usefull or not..... some say it is worth it.... others dont bother....

I love that once again someone comments on the stat without saying anything about it...

You have already been told what Alacrity is....why do I have to mention it. But seriously, you asked what Alacrity is. You said WTH is Polarity Shift. You clearly didn't get the talent because you didn't know what Alacrity is. But in case you forgot, Alacrity refers to haste of your force abilities :p. As far as figuring out what it is, if you bothered to hover over Activation Speed in the Force part on your sorcerer, you will see that all your activation speed comes from Alacrity :p.

my thoughts exactly. also he must not play huttball enough to understand how important that 5m is

Edited by RenzoMalice