Sith using lightside

I know that mace windu and Luke skywalker could use the darkside without having to weary of falling to it.

No there was still the risk of them falling to the darkside, just because they could use certain dark powers doesn't mean they are exempt from crossing over.

I was wondering that since Jedi can tap into the darkside without falling to it. Can a sith use lightside force abilities without being affected?

A jedi can't tap the Darkside without being affected, the Darkside is corruption use it and you are corrupted. A Sith could use the Lightside without being affected, but since the Lightside requires more work they are unlikely to do so. Also if a Sith isn't being corrupted by the Darkside, they are likely to be viewed as traitors to the Sith Empire, so they have to delve into the Darkside really.

I know that mace windu and Luke skywalker could use the darkside without having to weary of falling to it.

Not quite, can't say about Mace Windu, but Luke did fall to the Darkside (when the emperor returned) and this means that firstly he would avoid using it if possible, and secondly if he did use it he could purify himself afterwards (because he has experience with it). This should never be taken as evidence that the Darkside is ok under any circumstances.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Yes, Darth Traya was proficient in Force healing - a light sided power. And while her exact position of the spectrum is questionable in my opinion she was detached from both the light and the dark to the extent that she was able to draw on both sides without being enslaved to one.

However we should also consider the nature of the light and the dark, the dark is seductive and corrupting, the light bears none of these traits so a dark sider would not be instinctively lured to it. I expect not being in touch with the light however would make such feats difficult to perform however. Though again it didn't seem a barrier for Traya.

I disagree with the assertion that Traya was actually some grey jedi, there is no inbetween to the Force, it was always clear to me, that she was stripped of her power and when she regained her command of the force, throughout her teaching of the Exile, she went back to the Dark Side, all the abilities she displays out of the Exile's notice are dark side powers, also the idea that healing is a light side ability was debunked by Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, it's actually far closer to Sith Alchemy than any Light Side persuasion.

I disagree with the assertion that Traya was actually some grey jedi, there is no inbetween to the Force, it was always clear to me, that she was stripped of her power and when she regained her command of the force, throughout her teaching of the Exile, she went back to the Dark Side, all the abilities she displays out of the Exile's notice are dark side powers, also the idea that healing is a light side ability was debunked by Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, it's actually far closer to Sith Alchemy than any Light Side persuasion.
Hmm, you have a point there. Though to be quite honest most Jedi powers fall into the realm of 'universal' e.g. telekinesis and telepathy.

Oh there is no question on what POWERS are light and dark side, but to say the actual user can only be one way or the other, i think it's silly. For me Kreia was mostly in the realm of grey through. She only took the guise in my opinion to force the final conflict with the Exile to finish her training.

I do think there is a dark and light side of the force. But as far as dark/light/grey BEINGS, then yes there are. People come in shades of grey, it's just how they are taught and treated will determine where they go in the spectrum.

Sorry in this case I know George is cannon law, but I think he is WRONG. There is a dark and light side of the FORCE ITSELF. When it comes to beings like I have said, there you will find your shades of grey.

People can have as many views and beliefs on the force as they want, like Qui-Gon Jinn, they still all drew from the Light Side, as did Jolee Bindo, you're either using the force, which is the Light Side, or you are falling to the Dark Side.

Oh there is no question on what POWERS are light and dark side, but to say the actual user can only be one way or the other, i think it's silly. For me Kreia was mostly in the realm of grey through. She only took the guise in my opinion to force the final conflict with the Exile to finish her training.

I do think there is a dark and light side of the force. But as far as dark/light/grey BEINGS, then yes there are. People come in shades of grey, it's just how they are taught and treated will determine where they go in the spectrum.

Sorry in this case I know George is cannon law, but I think he is WRONG. There is a dark and light side of the FORCE ITSELF. When it comes to beings like I have said, there you will find your shades of grey.

Its difficult to say, on one hand Jedi rely on an inner peace to manipulate the Force while the Sith use their emotions.

Its questionable whether when using a universal power such as Force push that even then Jedi and Sith would be drawing on inner peace or emotions respectively to access their power.

And I would agree with you that the Force is a single, neutral entity. However dark and light only manifest themselves through the user, but are they the only options? I can't say.

^ This I agree with , Traya was a DarkJedi . While she might not have seemed evil , the ends were kinda on that evil level . She used Darkside Powers and thus was in the end a Darkjedi.

A person could use Lightside abilities and maintain their Darkside ways , its really overall how they use these skills and their beliefs.

Edited by mefit

By the rules of even our Reality this Darkside is a tale of power and how it can corrupt you .

Often times those in good nature come into reasons or need of this power and get lost in it .

Ego like in reality makes those who abuse their power often think they are in control over it but its really like a drug and it controls them .

Does not mean they cannot be redeemed but this is why there is no Grey . Their use of the force by controlling themselves keeps them on the path of light but those who lose control of themselves go Dark.

Sith is really aname of a race and the skills passed down by that race .

If a Jedi never comes into contact with those skill sets , then they really are just Darkjedi which does not belittle their abilities either .

In Theory a Sith can become lightside , well in TOR anyways .

If by Example Sidious was to become lightsided , it would likely turn him on the path of the Jedi ways and he would be called a Jedi .

Naga Shadow being a Sithpureblood or Sith would be a Sith(by Race) Jedi if he followed their teachings and was lightsided.

Due to some nut or cosmic reason , the Sith race disappears eventually . What is left is the teachings that also die with Sidious.

Sith is really aname of a race and the skills passed down by that race .

If a Jedi never comes into contact with those skill sets , then they really are just Darkjedi which does not belittle their abilities either .

In Theory a Sith can become lightside , well in TOR anyways .

If by Example Sidious was to become lightsided , it would likely turn him on the path of the Jedi ways and he would be called a Jedi .

Naga Shadow being a Sithpureblood or Sith would be a Sith(by Race) Jedi if he followed their teachings and was lightsided.

Due to some nut or cosmic reason , the Sith race disappears eventually . What is left is the teachings that also die with Sidious.

Sidious as a Jedi. O_o

Sidious as a Jedi. O_o

Was my example while never going to happen , it was to say what Title he would have held in name .

As Sidious by canon or atleast I can see , has no blood link to Sith (The Race) .

By your post today , you are being goofy . Good day for you ? Seems a little different.

Was my example while never going to happen , it was to say what Title he would have held in name .

As Sidious by canon or atleast I can see , has no blood link to Sith (The Race) .

By your post today , you are being goofy . Good day for you ? Seems a little different.

No, no...the mental image of Sidious being a Jedi is the cause.

Inner peace combined with compassion and communing with the light side consciously is basically what a force user needs to use pure light side powers.Theoretically a sith can do that,but he will hardly ever do it,unless he is about to be ''redeemed'' or something.

Traya is a sith ,not a dark jedi.

Jedi using sith powers is always weary of falling under the influence of the dark side.Always.There is not a single jedi immune to such a level that he can use dark side powers like piece of cake.

Force push,other telekinetic and other similar abilities are universal but still the practitioner's character,state of mind and how intimate he is with an aspect of the force effects its power.

Edited by Kaedusz

Inner peace combined with compassion and communing with the light side consciously is basically what a force user needs to use pure light side powers.Theoretically a sith can do that,but he will hardly ever do it,unless he is about to be ''redeemed'' or something.

Jedi using sith powers is always weary of falling under the influence of the dark side.Always.There is not a single jedi immune to such a level that he can use dark side powers like piece of cake.

Force push,other telekinetic and other similar abilities are universal but still the practitioner's character,state of mind and how intimate he is with an aspect of the force effects its power.

Kreia is not 'Sith'. Sith is a belief.

Trays is a darkjedi , she no longer followed the light . Sith is teachings and a belief , while I have no proof of her not gaining the knowledge of the sith she did not follow them for sure .

Generally when a Jedi does not follow the light and uses their teachings for their own ends they are called dark Jedi

Edited by mefit

Kreia is not 'Sith'. Sith is a belief.

Trays is a darkjedi , she no longer followed the light . Sith is teachings and a belief , while I have no proof of her not gaining the knowledge of the sith she did not follow them for sure .

Lol,what is this?Semantics?

Traya has a Darth title ,she is part of the Sith Triumvirate ,she is a Dark Lord of the Sith.Just as Bane or Kas'im ( random examples),because they follows their teachings.

She doesn't have to be part of the ''true sith'' /the Sith Empire in exile.

Dark Jedi is something different.

Edited by Kaedusz

Traya has a Darth title ,she is part of the Sith Triumvirate ,she is a Dark Lord of the Sith.Just as Bane or Kas'im ( random examples),because they follows their teachings.

Darth Title was used by many none Sith , Scion was trained in the Sith ways , likely Nihilus received some too .

Traya did not care for it .........

Bane was a Sith Lord trained by Darth Revan's Holocron , Darth Revan was a Sithlord receiving training from dead SithLords on Korriban .

Traya never considered herself a SIth , never called herself a Sith . She was master over Sith though but that's because those Sith were weaker , not as smart as she was , not as powerful. and because she was Revan's Master and they respected that and likely feared her for it .

The Sith Academy on Malachor V was established by Darth Revan a Sithlord.........

Sidious was a Sithlord receiving Training from a long list of passed down Sithlords who all came from the Bane Legacy / Revan Legacy.

Darth Krayt sith were not Real Sithlords, they carried the Darth Titles ..........well the ones Krayt considered worthy of the title . They were not Sith , the line ended with Sidious . Jacen Solo was considered Sith when he went to the darkside , which is a broken Canon point being Lucas stated the SIth line ended with Sidious .

In the end it does not matter because Traya herself did not care for Sith or their ways . End of story.

DarkJedi is the title the Jedi get when they go to the Darkside , its a standard point title .

Beni also stated this too .........

Edit , Nihilus did not care much for the Sith aspect either , he was only concerned with eating life but still very likely received Sith Training .

Edited by mefit

To which Kreia would respond:

"'Sith' is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am. It is not what I believe."

That said she's not really a Dark Jedi either as she became a Sith and then gave that up rather than becoming a rogue Jedi like Komari Vosa or an unanointed apprentice like Asajj Ventress. I suppose you could call her a 'Fallen Sith'.

But in the end...

"Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole. Know that I am your teacher, and that is enough."

Kreia is just Kreia. And yes, using her quotes as responses is fun. :jawa_wink:

Darth Title was used by many none Sith , Scion was trained in the Sith ways , likely Nihilus received some too .

Traya did not care for it .........

Bane was a Sith Lord trained by Darth Revan's Holocron , Darth Revan was a Sithlord receiving training from dead SithLords on Korriban .

Traya never considered herself a SIth , never called herself a Sith . She was master over Sith though but that's because those Sith were weaker , not as smart as she was , not as powerful. and because she was Revan's Master and they respected that and likely feared her for it .

The Sith Academy on Malachor V was established by Darth Revan a Sithlord.........

Sidious was a Sithlord receiving Training from a long list of passed down Sithlords who all came from the Bane Legacy / Revan Legacy.

Darth Krayt sith were not Real Sithlords, they carried the Darth Titles ..........well the ones Krayt considered worthy of the title . They were not Sith , the line ended with Sidious . Jacen Solo was considered Sith when he went to the darkside , which is a broken Canon point being Lucas stated the SIth line ended with Sidious .

Basically almost every sentence is wrong.You SW knowledge is not complete at the most.Its like you read somewhere something and the rest 60% of a statement is made up by you.

Edited by Kaedusz