3+ more months of Denova?

This interview

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/6609/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Free-to-Play-This-Fall.html

makes it sound like there will be no new content other than the world event before the game goes f2p. Is this true? I think Denova is an awesome Op, but I can't see myself clearing four bosses over and over for another 3-4 months...Will we at least get Nightmare Mode soon? Or will that be after f2p too?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August."

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20120731

This isn't referring to the world event. A world even is not a "content update" or "new release."

I really think we're going to get the NiM Denova patch this month.

Thanks for info. Hope they stay on their time table.

I hope you are right, Mavery, I guess we just have to wait and see. I don't see how they could release much else in August if its not on the PTS yet.

I don't think you'll ever see an NiM on the PTS for fairly obvious reasons.

Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.

"BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August."

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20120731

This isn't referring to the world event. A world even is not a "content update" or "new release."

I really think we're going to get the NiM Denova patch this month.

IM HOPING this is 1.4, theyre releasing a big patch every 6 weeks now, and i expect that to be 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 etc.... If its 1.4 we might get a new ops, we'll definatly get nightmare Denova, and maybe HK...

I believe they mentioned in a podcast a month ago that they are required to put NiM EC on the PTS before it is released due to the high amount of fine tuning and new mechanic testing that will be required.

Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.

Yeah, I know it's all new mechanics. But NiM being on the PTS would spoil world/server firsts. :/ It's why, outside of initial tiers, you don't see heroic bosses on WoW's PTR. Hoping for the same thing here.

Yeah, I know it's all new mechanics. But NiM being on the PTS would spoil world/server firsts. :/ It's why, outside of initial tiers, you don't see heroic bosses on WoW's PTR. Hoping for the same thing here.

There are no more world/server firsts because most all of the guilds who care about that have already quit and unsubbed. Look around, there are only a handful of us left.

There are no more world/server firsts because most all of the guilds who care about that have already quit and unsubbed. Look around, there are only a handful of us left.

They [firsts] still exist. How many care about them? Well, certainly less than there was.

More than a handful guys.. We're still competing constantly for NiM Pilgrim plenty of times we go there just to run into 30imps or so. Have faith!

Positive attitude will go along way and get you a lot more than stomping your feet with your fingers in your ears.

p.s.

1.4 would be sick! I'd love to see NiM EC other NiMs reworked etc, HK-41, New belsavis dailies, and a handful of other lil things.

Just my 2 cents.

I love this game and i'm enjoying as much now as I was when I leveled my 1st toon. :)

In regards to the World First issue, when you have 500k players people don't care as much.

WoW has 10 million players.

So in WoW being one of the first 50 guilds to clear a new Heroic is impressive.

In SWTOR being the FIRST guild to clear something is impressive-ish.

WoW is down to 9mill now actually, not that it matters.

I don't think they meant big patches every 6 weeks, I think they just meant SOMETHING every 6 weeks.

Anyways I hope you guys are right. I love the game and all, but I just don't think my sub would survive 4 more months of the same 4 bosses on HM.

Good luck with that hope. :D

Hope leads to Expectation.

Expectation leads to Disappointment.

Disappointment leads to Failure.

Failure leads to the Dark Side....

I mean good luck with the hoping!

Sure would be nice if they gave us some info on this...even just a general idea of what they are planning. But instead they keep everything secret as if we are a bunch of children and can't comprehend that plans change.

1.4 is still not on the PTS and we still don't know if it will have nightmare Denova.

Even if it does, 1.2 was several weeks on PTS, we are already in august, so 1.4 in august seems very unlikely.

With the F2P news and 2 other games in the same market it may be even possible that they will push back 1.4 until sometime in october... :eek:

1.4 is still not on the PTS and we still don't know if it will have nightmare Denova.

Even if it does, 1.2 was several weeks on PTS, we are already in august, so 1.4 in august seems very unlikely.

With the F2P news and 2 other games in the same market it may be even possible that they will push back 1.4 until sometime in october... :eek:

October would not be OK. Maybe early Sept, but that's still pushing it...

I'd be shocked if they'd release NM Denova before putting it on the PTS.

Patch 1.3 was up for like 3 weeks so if we don't see it up on the pts by next week then odds are we won't see it in august.

Don't know what else content could be beyond the world event. I'm thinking that has to be what is referred to in the swtor post about new content in august. The only things they haven't PTS are the world events so that seems like the best educated guess for the new august content.