2.0 Carnage Changes

Ceile

GENERAL

SKILLS

Narrowing Hatred and Dual Wield Master Skill:

• Narrowing Hatred was moved to the first row of Carnage tree.
  • Dual Wield Mastery was moved to the second row of Carnage tree.

Ravager Skill:

• Ravager Skill was removed from the Rage tree.
  • The 8% bonus damage can be gained from weaponmaster 2 piece set bonus.

ABILITIES

New Dual Saber Throw Ability:

• Deals damage to "all enemies directly in front of you up to 30 meters away"
  • Doesn't cost rage and has an 18s cooldown.
  • With Full Arkanian, tooltip is 2429-2893 and Force Scream's tooltip is 2415-2524

CARNAGE

SKILLS

Execute Skills:

• Blood Frenzy + Execute merged into 15s Execute buff.
  • +10% damage and 100% Critical chance for next Force Scream.
  • Generates 1 rage when consumed by Force Scream.

New Slaughter Skill:

• Ataru Form Damage has a 45% chance to finish CD on Gore and Viscious Throw.
  • Gains 15s Slaughter Buff that allows Viscious Throw to be used at any time.

New Brooding Skill:

• Channel Hatred builds 30 stacks of Fury over entire duration.
  • Builds 5 stacks when channel is started, then 5 more stacks every 1-2 seconds.
  • Takes about 8 seconds of channeling to reach 30 stacks.

New Frenzied Sabers Skill:

• Ataru Procs give a stack of Frenzied Sabers, max of 3 stacks.
  • Each stack increases DR, melee defense, and ranged defense by 2% per stack.

ABILITIES

Berserk Ability:

• Berserk adds 30% alacrity and each attack drops a stack.
  • DOES NOT lower the rage cost of any abilities.

MECHANICS

Rage Generation:

• Blood Frenzy no longer generates Rage.
  • Cloak of Carnage Skill is only non ability based Rage generation.
  • Rage generation will now be more predictable.

ANNIHILATION

SKILLS

Empowerment and Hemorrhage Skills:

• Empowerment and Hemorrhage merged into one skill.
  • Increased bleed damage dropped from 15% to 6%.

New Agonizing Sabers Skill:

• Applying bleed effects reduces target's damage dealt by 5% for 3 seconds.

New Indefatigable Onslaught Skill:

• Juyo Form can stack up to 6 stacks instead of 5.
  • Annihilate can stack up to 4 stacks instead of 3.

New Bloodlust Skill:

• Direct damage criticals on bleeding targets builds 1 rage.

New Blood Ward Skill:

• Getting attacked while Saber Ward is active heals you for 2% of your max health.
  • Only once every 1.5 seconds.

ABILITIES

Deadly Saber Ability:

• Deadly Saber's bleed can now occur more than once every 1.5s.

RAGE

I'm going to be leaving this out for now.

The Rage tree has many people up in arms because it seems like it made Rage OP.

I'll wait a week or so before updating the tree.

For the people who wonder how the skill tree has changed and don't want to wait,

go to this page: 2.0 Marauder Skill Trees

If I've missed anything, please post below.

EDIT: Added Anni and General changes. Never played Anni, so I don't know the changes mechanically.

Appears that rage is going to be "easier" to get and damage is going to be less focused on bleeds.

Can't change name of thread. If you know how, please message me.

Edited by Ceile
New Information

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserk adds 30% alacrity and each attack drops a stack.

DOES NOT lower the rage cost of Massacre or Viscious Slash by 1.

yea im very *** about this. did we really need this change?

I'm not really sure how this will change our dps.

It will completely change our rotations, but Slaughter is doing that anyway.

All I wonder is what the overall dps change will be.

No more popping frenzy at the start of the match huh? Just channel hatred up the 30 stacks you need for that pred.

Use Frenzy only for the basis of when you need to switch nodes for sure.

More Berserks because of this. Berserk(>leap?)>massacre>gore>ravage>scream??? Stupid.

Gore reset? Gore>Dual Saber Throw> Vicious Thow> lol?

Edited by Xerain

Does carnage really need more cc?

Ridiculous bioware

Bad enough that marauders will get a 30m range ability.:(

Marauders now have a 3s longer immobilize, that's it.

The skill already exists and now it gained a slight buff.

If you want to complain about PvP, go to the PvP forums.

On the swtor-spy skill tree I saw that the Displacement skill now gives a 6 second root to Deadly Throw (was 3). Can someone confirm that on PTS please?

I added it for now. I'll check on the test server to see if the skill tree on swtor-spy is accurate.

Edited by Ceile

30% chance to be able to auto crit with fs/bs which I'm not so sure was necessary with the redesign for berserk. Will have to try it on the PTS at some point. But as of right now, can't say I'm liking the changes.

That talent calc is still not 100% right. A friend confirmed it for me that it's a 100% proc to get the force scream crit.

That talent calc is still not 100% right. A friend confirmed it for me that it's a 100% proc to get the force scream crit.

It really isn't. It's 100% with Execute up. However, execute still has the same % chance to proc as it always did - 30%.

Realistically speaking Execute is up most of the time you want to Force Scream but it isn't as reliable as just using Massacre before your Gore to make sure Blood Frenzy is up. There are times where you'll be in a Gore window and want to Massacre instead of Scream because Execute will NOT have procced and you'll be wasting an attack. You have to pay attention for it now.

It really isn't. It's 100% with Execute up. However, execute still has the same % chance to proc as it always did - 30%.

Realistically speaking Execute is up most of the time you want to Force Scream but it isn't as reliable as just using Massacre before your Gore to make sure Blood Frenzy is up. There are times where you'll be in a Gore window and want to Massacre instead of Scream because Execute will NOT have procced and you'll be wasting an attack. You have to pay attention for it now.

That's stupid. The whole reason carnage sucks until you get massacre is because of how crappy it was to proc your ataru form to get that auto crit for you scream. Now that that is being taken away it really gimps the tree. Not sure if it's worth using without the garanteed proc to crit scream.

Paraphrased from what I posted on my guild forums about Carnage:

From what I can tell, they are moving Carnage to a more priority system with Gore & Vicious Throw.

It *almost* seems like they don't want you to use Massacre -> Gore + Ravage -> Scream any more, unless you're waiting for the cooldown for battering assault due to the removal of Ravager. Testing required for DPA / DPGCD (damage per action / damage per gcd) to see if Ravage is still worth the 3 seconds or if Dual Saber throw is a better use of time. Maybe both, who knows.

Near as I can tell, Carnage will go from 2 primary damage cycles (Massacre -> Gore + Ravage -> Scream | Gore + Berserk + Massacre x 3 -> Scream) + (Rupture on CD when Gore is down, Massacre to keep Buff up) to something like this:

Gore > Vicious Throw = Force Scream (with Execute Up) > Dual Saber Throw = Massacre (when buff is down) > Rupture = Battering Assault (if less than 6 rage) > Ravage > Massacre > Assault

Man, that's going to take some getting used to.

For me, that might mean going to Annihilation or Hybrid, if it proves to be superior. We'll see.

I'll need to test this on the PTS. I'm going to test 16/28/2 with deep wounds / deadly saber just for kicks. You never know.

I'll post some parses later.

Edited by CharlieBrown

That's stupid. The whole reason carnage sucks until you get massacre is because of how crappy it was to proc your ataru form to get that auto crit for you scream. Now that that is being taken away it really gimps the tree. Not sure if it's worth using without the garanteed proc to crit scream.

Execute will not affect anything else and it's duration is 15s. It will almost always be up.

Finally on PTS ... The root effect for deadly throw is still 3s, so you can remove that from the first post.

Thanks, I changed it

Edited by Ceile

Paraphrased from what I posted on my guild forums about Carnage:

I'll need to test this on the PTS. I'm going to test 16/28/2 with deep wounds / deadly saber just for kicks. You never know.

I'll post some parses later.

Ravager the talent has been removed, but the effect is still there on the 2 piece set bonus. You lose out on the 3s CD reduction but with the 3rd Gore window that's actually a good thing.

In my limited testing on Massacre vs. Dual Saber Throw during Gore, Massacre nearly always won. AFAIK, the only abilities that should be used in a Gore window are still Massacre, FS, VT, and Ravage. However, having seen the effect that using Saber Throw on CD has for Juggs, I need to go back in and test using DST on CD as I think I can push a parse over 2600 by doing so.

Execute will not affect anything else and it's duration is 15s. It will almost always be up.

Yeah, I noted that it will usually be up. There are absolutely times when it isn't though, and you can't force it to proc if it isn't like you currently can with Blood Frenzy.

Yeah, I noted that it will usually be up. There are absolutely times when it isn't though, and you can't force it to proc if it isn't like you currently can with Blood Frenzy.

Execute's buff lasts 15s and FS's CD is 9s

If a rotation is made, which is extremely questionable, I'm betting that it will focus on procing an Execute immediately after every FS.

Execute's buff lasts 15s and FS's CD is 9s

If a rotation is made, which is extremely questionable, I'm betting that it will focus on procing an Execute immediately after every FS.

It has the same 30% chance to proc off Ataru Form strikes that it always had. You CAN'T force the proc. It's either there or it isn't when Gore becomes available. It's still a priority system, VT and Massacre take priority over FS if Execute isn't present.

Edited by arkitip