When should we expect the next EXPANSION?

Vagessel

Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for Knights of It Was All a Bad Dream.

:p

You don't know how many times I've told my friend that I hope that's the case. Or our original companions rescue us from the carbonite and the Eternal Throne has already been defeated so we can just pretend all this stuff never happened. ;)

I am growing convinced that the silence on any expansions is telling. Other than the 90 day road maps, which don't get me wrong I appreciate, when have we had anything remotely close to the buildups that proceeded RotHC, SoR, or Knights of the fallen plotline? I see some stuff about Umbra, but it smacks to me of being more anticlimactic like Ziost than something 'epic'.

I want to believe different, but I really kinda doubt we will see any major expansions again...

Don't expect one any time soon, I don't see bioware releasing another major expansion such as KOTET wise.

I think honestly this is the final expansion if you really think about it,

Your character goes to Iokath in search of the super weapon, meaning all 6 ancient gods, once the full operation is released in December or early January, it's pretty difficult to make another expansion knowing you're a God now.

We're getting Umbara in a few weeks, afterwords we still have the rest of the God ops, other than that... I don't quite see a future.

I am growing convinced that the silence on any expansions is telling. Other than the 90 day road maps, which don't get me wrong I appreciate, when have we had anything remotely close to the buildups that proceeded RotHC, SoR, or Knights of the fallen plotline? I see some stuff about Umbra, but it smacks to me of being more anticlimactic like Ziost than something 'epic'.

I want to believe different, but I really kinda doubt we will see any major expansions again...

I like the Ziost story, each to their own I guess lol

Since we're halfway through the year and so far in the developer communication and roadmaps all comments are to a flashpoint here, an operation boss there... I've been wondering around when should we be expecting a meatier release such as KOTET or Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'd like to see more classic companions (Jaesa!) return via a well developed story.

Is December wishful thinking? Maybe early next year? (Nooooo).

if there was to be a new expac, announcement of it would come months before hand, plus it's own seperate section on the swtor website. but would it be too late to get the expac out the end of this year? well traditionally bioware go on holiday in december and take almost the whole month off, so the chances are it will be the end of november or janurary next year at the earliest.

That would be cool, but how to explain the companions from other classes you already recruited or romances with Lana, Theron & Koth?

easy enough to do, valkorion managed to take control of your mind and you believed you are free when in fact you saw what valkorion wanted you to see. your companions fled the station before valkorion in your body started doing his thing, meanwhile you still believe you are continuing your story and saving the galaxy. eventually your body is trapped and valkorion was suppressed for a few moments only to find yourself in a restraining field as lana and theron work hard to free you from valkorion.

Well Sam from SWTOR Central stated in one of his last streams that he asked the Devs as an influencer when the next expansion would be and he said he got the answer "we're not ready to talk about that yet". So I believe that is quite a telling answer something is on the way ;)

This makes me understand why some types of fan fiction are what they are.

It being all a dream is pretty much the poorest cop out of a story.

I concur.

With regards to your sig, we need Malgus back. That's my favourite boss fight in the game, and for the few minutes we get to bask in his glory, my favourite character.

As for expansions, NO MORE RAILROAD crap. Oh and less explosions, barely a chapter went by in KOTFE without a Michael Bay ****** going on.

Oh and yeah, more Malgus or at the very least a fully resurrected Darth Marr.

This makes me understand why some types of fan fiction are what they are.

It being all a dream is pretty much the poorest cop out of a story.

Agreed. Though wasn't it the show DALLAS that made having a dream the key to success?

LOL I kid, I kid ;)

Would be happy if they could finish the last year expansion this year. Yes KotET, its you I am talking about. To me an expansion is main story line that was instanced with the chapters we had. After that that story the expansion should also include a planet related to the story with dailies and planet story. A GSF and WZ map for the expansion story. An Operation and a Flashpoint related to expansion story (not required to continue main story in new expansion). Since they have been doing nothing last 9 months but tweaking CXP, I don't see new expansion anywhere happening this year. Maybe next year in November, if any players still linger here to play.

They created CXP for two reason, to not create new content and sell RNG of repeating old content. The writers, as much as fun KotFE and KotET journey was, slapped themselves in face and created so many plot holes. You are ruler of the galaxy, commading most advanced faction. By defeated one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy and taking his place, you rose above Republic and Empire and became (Eternal) Emperor. The only more powerful thing than you they could throw at you now would be Abeloth herself. Everything else should not even be worthy of PC's attention.

Edited by BoySaber