Paid Transfers

Lifendason

Hello Lifenndason,

Thanks for joining us on the forums and asking your question! Here's our answer from the Character Transfer Service FAQ:

When will any potential paid Character Transfer Service be available?

At this time we do not have a scheduled time frame for launch of a potential paid Character Transfer Service. However, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience. Please keep checking http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

Feel free to continue your conversation, we just thought this information might be helpful!

Yeah I had all my characters on one server, got changed to another server and then the guild I was with is no more. I joined another guild because of a friend of mine, but they are on another server and I just don't feel like leveling another toon right now. I hope this decision comes quickly to SWTOR.

Ya Bioware for real you really need to get on this one asap. I was under the impression that 1.3 would enable this along with many others. I for one love this game but you are losing people because you don't have a simple paid character transfer service. Please rectify asap.

Yeah I had all my characters on one server, got changed to another server and then the guild I was with is no more. I joined another guild because of a friend of mine, but they are on another server and I just don't feel like leveling another toon right now. I hope this decision comes quickly to SWTOR.

I have a legacy and 4 toons on Shien and refuse to transfer to Ebon Hawk, which is my free destination server. I am a solo PVE'er doing no PVP, WZ's, FP's or HM's so server pop is meaningless to me. The server i started playing on, Canderous Ordo, is where I have my other legacy and 5 toons--i couldn't care less about deleting a toon and losing a legacy name....what I do what to do is be able to transfer loot and goodies between all my toons and I am willing to wait, and pay if necessary, to someday soon have all my chars on Canderous

Hello, Bioware.

I already canceled my account once when you failed to provide a timeline for the release of the basic transfer service until the very last minute.

I will cancel again as soon as my month is up if you have not announced a date for the ability to transfer to a server of your choice.

Depending on how quick your turnaround is, I may never re-activate.

This is just to remind you that there is some actual cash riding on whether you quickly implement this service.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would like to transfer an extra character I created during the world event after 1.2 to my Pub server so I can give those characters the special items. Unfortunately my Pubs were on a light server and weren't able to get to Tatooine in order to participate. Ideally, in lieu of Paid Transfers, and account-wide storage bank would be ideal to solve issues such as this.

BJ

I am curious about this as well, while i thank you for placing us on more populated servers, i would much rather go to a server of my choosing, rather a server of my choosing that has high populations, I don't mind paying to move but the server i was moved to was not my intended destination, but a forced move, and again i am grateful to be on a server that has more people i still would like to know a date or time frame in which you will be allowing us to do so, but honestly i wouldn't be surprised if i didn't get a response to this because of the lack of information we receive about events prior to them arriving.

Dear bioware,

Currently my subscription is running out and not on automitically renew. The only way you will 100% get me to renew is if I have the option on moving my characters to the same server as the one group of friends who are still playing this game.

In fact you will be doing yourself a favour as the server they are stuck on has a longer queue than the 1 I want to move them to.

If you read the front page of the transfer FAQ you clearly had additional phases and choice planned in from the start (the 72 hour rule bit). The sooner you get on with it the sooner you see my money again.

Thanks

and again i am grateful to be on a server that has more people.

You shouldn't be "grateful" for anything. This is an MMO. Servers with people on them are a basic part of the service. Bioware was simply not providing the service as advertised. The server consolidation is not so much a "favor" they did us; more like a basic contractual obligation on their part.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i'm in the same boat. I imagine they are of the ill-advised mindset that you should just level an alt and such. They seem to be ignorant enough to believe they can solve a lack of content / end-game interest with the legacy alt-aholic system.

Judging by the rapid decay in subscribers after the initial leveling 1-50 time span they will probably not look back fondly on this strategy. I hope they at least make enough money to balance out the huge cost of the game.