A question about the Quinn romance.

serenitty

I am currently on Voss with a Quinn romancer. I want to end the romance during the betrayal (just because I haven't ever done that before) and then go on to romance Theron.

My question is, given what happens with Theron later, is the fact that she was betrayed by a lover and then again apparently betrayed by another mentioned at all?

I am currently on Voss with a Quinn romancer. I want to end the romance during the betrayal (just because I haven't ever done that before) and then go on to romance Theron.

My question is, given what happens with Theron later, is the fact that she was betrayed by a lover and then again apparently betrayed by another mentioned at all?

I think that if you've been following the romance with Quinn as it becomes available, you won't be able to end it as such.

DIGRESSION:

Every companion romance has a "critical" flirt which ends the nascent romance if you pick a non-flirt option, or locks it in if you pick the flirt option. After that conversation, if you locked in the romance, you're stuck with it, and the only way to not complete it is to never again speak to the companion.

This characteristic is what causes people to say that Corso is a creepy stalker - the critical flirt is almost right at the beginning, and doesn't seem very "critical" in its context and wording, so forever after, he behaves as if you're playing hard to get rather than trying to get rid of him. Other companions' critical flirts are more obvious, and often later in the romance - the Agent / Kaliyo springs to mind as an example, where I believe the critical flirt is in the Wheezer incident.

END DIGRESSION

Anyway, back to the question: no, Theron won't mention your previous lover's "loverness", nor any details or betrayals, in any way at any point, as far as I know. (I've only romanced him in KotFE on a Consular who never had a "registered" lover, even if she did do the horizontal fandango with The Pacifist.) Lana certainly doesn't make the slightest mention of it if you've romanced her after romancing someone else.

I think that if you've been following the romance with Quinn as it becomes available, you won't be able to end it as such.

Granted, I'm not in KotFE yet with that alt so I don't know if the romance flag is still on...but I broke up with Quinn with my latest Sith Warrior after the incident (she's gonna go for Arcann anyway, I just couldn't resist Quinn during vanilla story :p) and no "romance dialogue" appeared after that. No proposal, no talking about children, nothing of that sort. The only issue I had was that I had to break up with him twice -- first right after the incident, and the second time on the ship right after it.

DIGRESSION:

Every companion romance has a "critical" flirt which ends the nascent romance if you pick a non-flirt option, or locks it in if you pick the flirt option. After that conversation, if you locked in the romance, you're stuck with it, and the only way to not complete it is to never again speak to the companion.

This characteristic is what causes people to say that Corso is a creepy stalker - the critical flirt is almost right at the beginning, and doesn't seem very "critical" in its context and wording, so forever after, he behaves as if you're playing hard to get rather than trying to get rid of him. Other companions' critical flirts are more obvious, and often later in the romance - the Agent / Kaliyo springs to mind as an example, where I believe the critical flirt is in the Wheezer incident.

END DIGRESSION

Anyway, back to the question: no, Theron won't mention your previous lover's "loverness", nor any details or betrayals, in any way at any point, as far as I know. (I've only romanced him in KotFE on a Consular who never had a "registered" lover, even if she did do the horizontal fandango with The Pacifist.) Lana certainly doesn't make the slightest mention of it if you've romanced her after romancing someone else.

I understand that the romances are all locked in from a certain point but in the case with Quinn you have (during the betrayal) the option to tell him you're relationship is over. I'm not sure if it's recognised as over but you definitely get to tell him that.

I was just curious if at any point during the Traitor storyline is there any acknowledgement of the warrior having to go through another betrayal of a lover.

Edited by serenitty

Granted, I'm not in KotFE yet with that alt so I don't know if the romance flag is still on...but I broke up with Quinn with my latest Sith Warrior after the incident (she's gonna go for Arcann anyway, I just couldn't resist Quinn during vanilla story :p) and no "romance dialogue" appeared after that. No proposal, no talking about children, nothing of that sort. The only issue I had was that I had to break up with him twice -- first right after the incident, and the second time on the ship right after it.

I don't know what I did wrong then. I told him he was no longer welcome in my quarters, what looked like the break up option, he said his actions have cost him dearly and we returned to the ship. The very next conversation with him and he acted like there was no break up, it played along as normal, I tried to dissuade him but it didn't work. I guess he didn't get into my quarters but I got into his lol. Oh well, I'll just have to break up with him on Iokath.

Edited by serenitty

I don't know what I did wrong then. I told him he was no longer welcome in my quarters, what looked like the break up option, he said his actions have cost him dearly and we returned to the ship. The very next conversation with him and he acted like there was no break up, it played along as normal, I tried to dissuade him but it didn't work. I guess he didn't get into my quarters but I got into his lol. Oh well, I'll just have to break up with him on Iokath.

Strange? I got that same convo, but during it I told him "no" again, and that seemed to actually count as breakup.

Hmm. OK. I think I'll pass - I haven't yet had a she-warror break up with him at that point.

I really wish there was the option to kill Quinn at this point in the story. Bringing him back on board made no sense to me at all.

I may use this as reason to have my SW go Republic at Iokath. "You sent that traitor to liaise with me? We're done."

Edited by Haruen
More to say.

I really wish there was the option to kill Quinn at this point in the story. Bringing him back on board made no sense to me at all.

I may use this as reason to have my SW go Republic at Iokath. "You sent that traitor to liaise with me? We're done."

Originally you could kill him at this point in the story. People complained because they killed Quinn and then were upset they lost their only healer so BioWare removed the option.

Also you can still kill Quinn even if you side with Republic if he was romanced. If you are a Sith Warrior you will get special dialogue options after the fighting where you either welcome him back or.... don't. You can just reject him or outright kill him at this point regardless of your faction choice.