Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot

Guys, listen. I know I'm just a "stupid RP scrub" to most of you, but I really want my companions of my different characters to be interacting with each other in person, non-hologram. All of my stories have many of my companions actually knowing each other and hanging out / doing stuff.

I know that hologram thing is just a toggle. If it's a piece of the whole resource excuse along side the 25 pets/animal mounts... just limit us to 5 companions total, or 10, or something if they're non-hologram, just please give us the option. Or allow us to limit how many players can be in our strongholds, or drop their framerates, or drop their polycounts or something. Something, anything. Give us some kind of option.

Thanks.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree.

All of my stories have many of my companions actually knowing each other and hanging out / doing stuff.

When you do the companion conversation missions you find out many of your companions DO know each other or have other connections with your other characters.

Agreed. When people asked about armor stands for displaying gear sets, the answer given was that companions could be used for that purpose. But this makes it pointless if the companion is only really there when the character who owns them is there. It's very disappointing when I drop by my stronghold on one of my alts and I'm left with a bunch of holograms.

I agree.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I have noticed some things about the holograms themselves. Corso, for example, is naked in his hologram. I'm pretty sure all companion customizations (such as different faces) don't transfer either. At least, my HK's customization didn't, and neither did Corso's.

Maybe make it an option? I like both real and holo NPCs. For RP, you may want to set up a Jedi Council reenactment with people holo'd in.

I think the user interface and options will evolve over time. I think they are off to a great start though.

/signed

I would love to see the ability to place any of the characters from my legacy and their unique companions in the stronghold.

However, if you are an altoholic like me that is the potential for a lot of NPCs. A single character has the potential with 5 class companions, the ship droid, HK and the Ewok to amass 8 companions. Across all the character slots (22 if you are a subscriber with the 10 unlocks) on a server that would amount to 198 NPCs.

That's obviously quite a few free NPCs ;)

Although, given that the game can already store the information on other characters armour and appearance for display in the Legacy family tree I see no reason why the potential isn't there to introduce this feature. Afterall, many of the companion don't even need all of their armour slots traced as they use the single customisation (Alien companions like Khem Val, Broonmark, Bowdaar, Blizz, HK and Treek fall into this category) and many more don't display head/hand and/or feet slots (Skadge, Qyzen, Xalek are examples).

Seriously how large would an external file attached to the stronghold data be to hold that sort of info?

Maybe restrict it to subscribers only :)

Signed, i thought the game broke when I first saw the holograms

My wife said the same thing. Her exact words were, "why did my companions turn blue?"

FAIL BIO, FAIL!!!!!!!! Your users don't care about 7 year old engine limitations. They care about an immersible, awesome game. Swg is gone, CWA is gone. This's all we have. Help us make it a good game, please!

Edited by siegeshot

The excuse I often hear is that "it makes no sense for Malavai Quinn and Corso Riggs to be playing sabaac together". People are so afraid that we'll do something that looks weird.

But so what? So what if someone creates a mildly lore-stretching scene?

Moreover, most of us RPers use companions as props: Malavai Quinn *isn't* Malavai Quinn, and my Sith warrior isn't The Sith Warrior from Bioware's Story.

/signed

the hologram thing even prevents Biowares stated idea of using companions to display armour (for the time being... haven't given up on Mannequins yet :p) as female characters have far too few class companions of the same gender ...

Besides, Mako is too busy in the slicing/workshop room she shares with Blizz to stand around displaying my old armour :cool:

Moreover, most of us RPers use companions as props: Malavai Quinn *isn't* Malavai Quinn, and my Sith warrior isn't The Sith Warrior from Bioware's Story.

Ditto. In my story Quinn is

dead. Choked to death as my crew cheered me on.

I have a second healing droid that... is named

Malavai Quinn

because ****** Bioware can't do something simple like ALLOW US TO NICKNAME OUR COMPANIONS #OMGWHATACONCEPT!

Also my Sith Warrior isn't the one in the Bio story either. Completely completely different character...... /facedesk

This is just so unbelievably frustrating. Why is it that Bio seems to be systematically and purposefully avoiding every opportunity to actually make this game insanely awesome? It's like bare minimum status quo average mmo... Every cool thing that could make this game awesome seems to be out of their grasp for whatever BS reason.

Mechanics that are obvious to us... Bio won't even talk to us about.

Bio, we aren't asking for guild ship pvp here (technically I am, just not in this thread)... just find a way to make our companions NOT HOLOLOLOGRAMS! Just make them normal companions please, ffs.

Edited by siegeshot

yeah i really hope they just sort this out 1st off we want to see the real thing not holo's and 2nd off i want to see the custom appearance i have on kira when im on my other charicter's was the content just rushed? i dont see why they wouldnt of done this in the first place would make it 10 times better!

/signed

I would welcome an option to turn on or off Hologram, but for the sake of performance why not add a summon or send to stronghold on the companion abilities? I think it would be great for RP if you could send a companion to the strong hold or keep them out of the strong hold.

If we are going to really care about "performance," they would just tell us where the constraints were and let us help manage it.

Every single strongholds limitation is "performance" and I'm getting SO sick of it!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Just let us have 10 non-holo... or 5... let us have 2.. let us have something! I don't need 50 people in my stronghold, so that can go. I will ever only have 2-3 max... so... stupid limitations are stupid.

Edited by siegeshot