6.0 Speculation

Arsong

Hey all, just wanted to start a thread and see if we can get a discussion going on what kinda things you think may be in 6.0 or a wishlist of things you want. Personally my list is:

At least 1 fully explorable planet

Seperate storylines for Sith/Repub

New operation/new flashpoints

New class (a guy can dream right)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, just wanted to start a thread and see if we can get a discussion going on what kinda things you think may be in 6.0 or a wishlist of things you want. Personally my list is:

At least 1 fully explorable planet

Seperate storylines for Sith/Repub

New operation/new flashpoints

- At least 1 fully explorable planet makes sense because it has been heavily requested for a while now. We kind of are getting that with 5.10 as well, so it would make sense is 6.0 followed that trend.

- 5.10 Jedi Under Siege will be setting the trend for a seperate Republic and Empire storyline, like we had in Makeb, so I believe it is reasonable to expect further content to follow that line. Which makes me very happy tbh, the one size-fits all from KotFE and KotET swiftly became boring and bland.

- Big chance we might see a new Operation aye, they hinted even that a new raid may be coming sooner than we expect, so maybe it might come even before 6.0.

- New class, while I would love to see that as well, I highly doubt it. Sure, a guy/girl can dream, but sadly Bioware doesn't have enough resources for it I am afraid.

Aside from those things I also expect the following:

- A full return option to our original faction

- The end of the Alliance, it being absorbed into one of the two factions

- The Saboteur plotline flowing over into full defection

- A new playable species

- Lots of new customization options

- More daily areas

Edited by Ylliarus

I think this is more than possible, they are introducing a new species with the new story. But maybe I'm looking into that too much.

I doubt they'd make a species that was unknown up until this point a playable species. Not saying it's impossible, but there are a lot of other races that have been requested for ages now, like Nautolan, Chagrian, Kaleesh etc etc

I think this is more than possible, they are introducing a new species with the new story. But maybe I'm looking into that too much.

Hmm..? What makes you say that I wonder. We know there is some NPCs with never-seen-before tattoos on them that could become to character creator at some point too. There is new alien species, but it doesn't fit the required restrictions player character has... Maybe there is more, I only glanced at some data mined stuffs, don't wanna get spoiled on story side.

On Makeb they did tease Cathar race with the Imperial Cathar character before the race became playable though. Something like that could be a thing.

An option to keep the Alliance if we want to.

Loosing it is currently the one and only thing that would make me stop playing for good.

Funnily, the opposite would be the same for me. If we are forced to stay in the Alliance in 6.0, that might be the only thing that would make me stop playing the game for good as well.

Funnily, the opposite would be the same for me. If we are forced to stay in the Alliance in 6.0, that might be the only thing that would make me stop playing the game for good as well.

Same here. Or well, I'd probably still play, but a lot less enthusiastically :p

The alliance plot fitted only one of my 50 characters. I could never realistically see any of my characters as the outlander, the supreme leader of a third faction. And since the game sold itself as a alt-machine game, and then got reduced to "actually everyone is the same character now", it really ruined a big part of the game for me.

And since the game sold itself as a alt-machine game, and then got reduced to "actually everyone is the same character now", it really ruined a big part of the game for me.

Very true, it's why I played KotFE and KotET only three times, and sadly all three characters got deleted because the narrative completely ruined them for me in the end. I doubt I'll take my new mains through KotFE and KotET, maybe I'll make a specific toon to go through that story, but I am not putting my current mains through it.

- The end of the Alliance, it being absorbed into one of the two factions

I hope that we finally finish this bad chapter of SWTOR. Making it a bad dream in the beginning of 6.0 would be the best way, but that won't happen.

- The Saboteur plotline flowing over into full defection

Won't happen, I'm pretty sure the engine can't handle it

- A new playable species

- Lots of new customization options

- More daily areas

This would indeed be great.

As for what I hope :

- At least a new op is the minimum, 2 would be best with all the package : SM, HM and NiM.

- 4 flashpoints would be neat.

- a return to a gearing system that makes sense, get rid of galactic command and command crates, this is only hurting the game.

- a return of expertise, the game desperately needs to have different gear for pve and pvp, as it is now it is also hurting the game.

- at least 2 pvp maps and 2 arenas.

- a better balance, we don't need useless specs and specs being absurdly good (looking at you Fury).

- at least a basic form of communication between the devs and the players so if nerf or buff there is (and there will be), we're not left wondering why it happened.

- involvement of the prominent members of each class when said nerfs/buffs are considered so we don't end up with stupidly OP or totally useless specs.

- frequent and small balance changes so we don't end up with 1 or 2 specs being utterly dominant for 6 month-1 year then useless until the next expansion.

That's a lot, but that's a minimum if the devs want to start 6.0 on an healthy basis.

You can dream but ....

It would call for an entirely new Empire faction class story and a new Republic mirror class story. Any time a new class is to be added you essentially have to introduce two new classes, (1 per faction) 4 total advanced classes, (2 per class) 12 total specs. (3 per advanced class)

We all know that's never going to happen.

Edited by Falensawino

- A Imp vs Pub themed story ( I don't think the Alliance will go away, I think we'll end up in a scenario with the Alliance assisting the characters faction of choice. Not sure what planet it would be, both the Empire and Republic have taken a beating recently so perhaps Kamino? Maybe to regain their numbers with a clone army?)

- A flashpoint/operation series? (Like the Dread Master Arc?)

- Additional PvP maps for Ground and Space?

- A New Race? Kel Dor? Nautolans? Pantoran?

- At least 20 of each event before 6.1 hits.

And since the game sold itself as a alt-machine game, and then got reduced to "actually everyone is the same character now", it really ruined a big part of the game for me.
Very true, it's why I played KotFE and KotET only three times, and sadly all three characters got deleted because the narrative completely ruined them for me in the end. I doubt I'll take my new mains through KotFE and KotET, maybe I'll make a specific toon to go through that story, but I am not putting my current mains through it.

Oh look, someone else who doesn't have iokath daily planet unlocked on any of their toons.

Edited by Falensawino

You can dream but ....

It would call for an entirely new Empire faction class story and a new Republic mirror class story. Any time a new class is to be added you essentially have to introduce two new classes, (1 per faction) 4 advanced classes, (2 per class) 12 total specs. (3 per advanced class)

We all know that's never going to happen.

Or they could just add a class that doesn't start at level one- but rather at 50+ and after Zakuul. That way they wouldn't need to make rep/emp stories, but they could just make some third non-definef class, who player could choose to ally with either side. Then you would have the same class working same way for both factions, and still only need one story with slight variation based on alliance.

It's not uncommon for MMOs to introduce races/classes that start at compete different timeline than their vanilla ones did.

I would expect 6.0 to be fairly small in terms of "expansion" however it would still be packed with content.

-1 or perhaps 2 medium sized planets which after you complete the story turn into a daily area with each having their own reputation and unique items to collect.

-2 Flashpoints tying into the main story

-A short while after 6.0 drops we would get a new operation, with the bosses following the same release pattern of GOTM (hopefully with all three difficulties this time).

-A short while after 6.0 drops we would get a new operation, with the bosses following the same release pattern of GOTM (hopefully with all three difficulties this time).

There needs to be one full op released at launch if they want people to stay subbed. And GotM is a bad release policy for an op. It was needed for 5.0 since no new op was initially planned and BW panicked when players started leaving en masse. But for an expansion, it doesn't make people stick to release one boss at a time. Exactly how releasing one chapter at a time was a poor decision. People unsub then comeback when everything is released (for some of them at least), but you still end up losing subs overall. GotM was more of an emergency decision to try and stop the bleeding, nothing else.

- An option to remain in the Alliance in some form. This one is a dealbreaker.

- If we're forced to interact with factions, a way to fully align with the one we want, rather than cowardly 'saboteur' work

- Scenes with previously bricked LIs and companions for those who kept them alive

- No more killable/bricked LIs

- No more storylines that end only in Ops

- More instances or always-lit objectives in daily areas to prevent ninjas (I'm not enthused about the new daily area, since I know it's probably going to be a nightmare in that regard)

I'm well aware that we will probably get none of these things so I'm fully accepting that the storyline and story part of the game ended for my toons at Nathema.

There needs to be one full op released at launch if they want people to stay subbed. And GotM is a bad release policy for an op. It was needed for 5.0 since no new op was initially planned and BW panicked when players started leaving en masse. But for an expansion, it doesn't make people stick to release one boss at a time. Exactly how releasing one chapter at a time was a poor decision. People unsub then comeback when everything is released (for some of them at least), but you still end up losing subs overall. GotM was more of an emergency decision to try and stop the bleeding, nothing else.

I completely agree. Failures of episodic releases has been ironically the talk-of-the-day for the past month or so. It's not a good business model, even in single player games as it turns out. Only a fraction of players remember/care to play the last release half a year later, even if they subscribed to season-pass day one.

- An option to remain in the Alliance in some form. This one is a dealbreaker.

- If we're forced to interact with factions, a way to fully align with the one we want, rather than cowardly 'saboteur' work

- Scenes with previously bricked LIs and companions for those who kept them alive

- No more killable/bricked LIs

- No more storylines that end only in Ops

- More instances or always-lit objectives in daily areas to prevent ninjas (I'm not enthused about the new daily area, since I know it's probably going to be a nightmare in that regard)

I'm well aware that we will probably get none of these things so I'm fully accepting that the storyline and story part of the game ended for my toons at Nathema.

^^ All of that for me as well actually.

July-September 2019. That's my speculative guess.

My personal estimate was for 6.0 to hit around May-June actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released it during the summer. Usually expansions hit in the winter, so perhaps they shifted to summer releases now!

I do agree it would be better to have the full operation at launch, but with how little resources they must have I don't see it happening. I'd rather have the operation released in parts like GOTM than no new operation at all.

Hmm..? What makes you say that I wonder. We know there is some NPCs with never-seen-before tattoos on them that could become to character creator at some point too. There is new alien species, but it doesn't fit the required restrictions player character has... Maybe there is more, I only glanced at some data mined stuffs, don't wanna get spoiled on story side.

On Makeb they did tease Cathar race with the Imperial Cathar character before the race became playable though. Something like that could be a thing.

Admittedly, it just hopefulness. :D I kinda like the look of the new species, and I was curious the reason why they would single out "a new species introduced" to hype 5.10.