Gearing for Ops: Start with Hardmode FPs or just PvP farm?

Hello all, just looking for a path to greatness here.

My guild has several players approaching 50 and its about time to decide what we'll do to gear up for Ops. I don't push anyone to do it one way or the other but I'd like to have some go-to information to help with this.

From what I've seen and read it appears that the Champion PvP gear is the best option stat wise. If I had it my way we would just run through H FPs to get gear while getting an idea of the scaling for hard mode.

Is the Champion gear just suggested because its the best and makes it easy?

Or are normal mode Ops doable with H FP gear?

If I'm totally off here I'd like the feedback, thanks.

Edited by hiddenpuudji

Well farming pvp sure take a long time. unless your lucky enough to get a piece in the bag off the vendor it would be a lot longer grind for meh gear. if u have solid groups do your fps youll get more crystals and chances for token pieces off last bosses so youd be ready to try operations.

Rakata PvE is by far the best (can be created via crafting for belt/bracer slots), this requires a BoP crafting material from endbosses in HM Flashpoints, in addition endbosses in HM Flashpoints drop Columni Tier (the "middle" tier), the "standard" bosses in the FPs give "Tionese"Tier which is the lowest available tier.

Tionese is usually worse than Champion PvP, Columni is vastly better than Champion PvP, Rakata is OMG OMG OMG PEWPEWPEW

Farming pvp is by far the fastest and easiet way to gear for hard modes even hard mode ops. like most games they totaly messed up the pve gear with the easy to farm and far superior pvp gear.

And btw, columni is not vastly better than champ pvp gear, its about the same but you would wear the columni over the champion gear for pve but the champion gear is about 10 times easier to get, do your dailies and weeklies and youll have a champ set in no time at all.

Edited by Mallorik

Farming pvp is by far the fastest and easiet way to gear for hard modes even hard mode ops. like most games they totaly messed up the pve gear with the easy to farm and far superior pvp gear.

And btw, columni is not vastly better than champ pvp gear, its about the same but you would wear the columni over the champion gear for pve but the champion gear is about 10 times easier to get, do your dailies and weeklies and youll have a champ set in no time at all.

Or do 3 HM Flashpoints for 20-40mins each per day and get 3 Columni Tier pieces between 4 people for the total of 1h30-2h for 3/4 of a tier piece (1 PvP Bag requires 800 marks or ~10 games which equates to ~3hours, and then it only appears to be around 1/5 chance of getting an epic, of which you may already possess). (Although ofc there is the 10bags/week you get from your weeklies and dailies)

Id actually say getting Columni is quite a bit faster than getting PvP gear if you actually know what youre doing (although I personally have 7 PvP pieces now but only just started HM FPs in last couple days).

PvP until recently was definitely the easier way to gear but now theres much more 50s many of which are of decent skill level I expect HM FPs will become the way to gear over next few weeks.

Edited by Mikesglory

Normal EV is doable in basically lvl 50 blues. Dailies (including the 2 man heroic) for a week will get you lvl 51 armoring/enhancements. PVP... I'd just do the daily/weekly quests. If you do all those you get 20 bags/week, which will probably get you several pieces. I've gotten chest/head/weapon from 15 bags, plus tokens to buy offhand T1 pvp. Great way to replace weak pieces. A couple of purples from crafting and you have more than enough for normal EV, which is ridiculously easy.