Best Burst Class

ColePomaikai

Having a Valor Rank 60+ Gunslinger and (before 1.2) Guardian, I'd say the Gunslinger is by far the better of those 2 for burst. Guardians were great when we could focus bomb groups but it was still situational (heavily grouped up people/mobs) and you could do 5-7k damage in one hit to everthing in radius (force sweep). Now that number is around 4-5k at best and it is one of few really powerful attack as a focus guardian. Gunslinger just has so many powerful attacks, and you can fire them off very quickly (frontload dmg) to take someone from full HP to nothing in a few seconds. Sentinels from what I've played are great at sustained high DPS but they are lower burst than either of the others (obviously not counting focus sentinels as they are the same as focus guardians)... not so sure on shadows bursty-ness.

• 1 month later...

Nah, it's not PT/VG, its definitely sniper or GS, even at lvl 20 I could kill people in a few hits, the explosive probe + ambush takes like 50% health off and then snipe and the 30%- health damage skill kills so fast.

Assassin and shadows can do ok burst with deception (middle tree)

Edited by Jayshames

• 3 months later...

My scrapper scoundrel always steals threat when going:

Stealth--->Fle. Round--->Shoot First--->Rest of rotation

Even with guard on my character I always steal threat then have to aggro dump then use some basic attacks until the tank gets threat back. You can say what you want but I have played almost every class and the scrapper scoundrel still has the most burst capabilities.

Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder. 1 word Precision Slash+Master strike and Blade storm no other class can touch the burst of sent/mara. Does not matter what other classes can do the last strike of master strike and a blade storm can easily be 10k+ depending on gear

No other class can touch them.

well now i know that every class in the game has the highest burst dmg. thx.

It shouldn't really matter which class has the best burst damage because as long as you know your rotations and the ins and outs of your class, you should be able to make up gearing and class imbalance issues with personal skill. I have seen sage dps that parse less than sents on the fleet dummy out dps the sents by a large margin in raids because they have the situational awareness and player skill that make them much more effective in a raid environment than button mashing on the fleet.

Idk, the fastest i've killed someone with my shadow in pvp is:

SS 4k, SS 6k, spin strike 6k. Boy that was a fun one, a whole 4 seconds.

for the 20k guys, i've had similar results in a 4-5 hit rotation with project and breach hitting for 4-5k as well

For Pve, the burst is still there, but a little bit of downtime if you fall off the rotation. But then use black out, and go right back at it again, then cloak, and do it again, then blackout, and do it again. So i guess the burst can be pretty consistent

You folks are nuts, deception has the highest burst in the game, its just not as sustained - usually my first three hits, hit for around 6k, 6k, 5.5k in around 3 seconds (in pve specifically)

Deception has nice burst but it is all dependant on crits. with a sentinel almost every time with precision slash master strike will do atleast 12k. Sorry but the burst king is combat sentinels plus they have the sustained dps to hold their own and be worthwhile to a raid group.

Deception has nice burst but it is all dependant on crits. with a sentinel almost every time with precision slash master strike will do atleast 12k. Sorry but the burst king is combat sentinels plus they have the sustained dps to hold their own and be worthwhile to a raid group.

Long ago my main was my sorc, at one point he was generally better geared then most. I got bored of healing, so i moved to my marauder and BIS him up. I took a couple months months off, came back for 1.4 and dusted off my assassin. Now he is all 63's minus an earpiece (and the hardest class to min / max since we have no accuracy talents, mainstat or crit). In TFB hm 16 man, depending on the fight I am either consistently topping MoX or around 3rd, behind our maras (who are both very good maras). One is carnage, the other anni. On the droid puzzle, I am consistently on top, and on TFB, consistently on top beating carnage.

If i don't have guard on, you can almost bet that I pull aggro in the first 3 seconds of a fight since my opening hits so hard. Lets see what carnage is doing then:

Carnage: Force charge, Battering assault, massacre, gore, ravage, force scream

Deception: (Stealth +recklesness + overcharge saber + w.e) Disharge, Shock, Maul

My opener will deal 5k alone, where as carnage has force charge, battering assault etc...

I've played them all, deception has the best burst potential - it's just incredibly hard to optimize our stats because Bioware failed to give us things every single class has. Sustained, is 'better' now then it used to be.

I dont doubt that they have good burst potential but I fail to see how it can possibly be higher than a marauder. Yes it is hard to min/max their gear but a few other classes do not have accuracy talents as well Powertechs and mercs do not have accuracy talents operatives do not.

That should not be a hindering fact of the class just something to work around. I run an assassin for pvp I know what they can do and I just do not see it being higher than a marauder in any way shape or form.

Every 90 seconds you guys can have big burst carnage can have big burst every 27 seconds with ravage. Berserk and gore alone make up for a ton of damage in 6 seconds

• 3 weeks later...
My scrapper scoundrel always steals threat when going:

Stealth--->Fle. Round--->Shoot First--->Rest of rotation

Even with guard on my character I always steal threat then have to aggro dump then use some basic attacks until the tank gets threat back. You can say what you want but I have played almost every class and the scrapper scoundrel still has the most burst capabilities.

^^^^^^ This is totally true.... I always pull threat off tanks and anyone else with this, and it hit's like a truck!

• 1 month later...
I'd have to go with Combat Sentinel or Saboteur Gunslinger. Yes, Sabslinger can pull massive burst, but their true burst can only happen every 60sec (when Flyby is off CD), while Combat can push out a crushing Master Strike every 30 seconds making it a lot easier to preform on demand. Granted, Sabotage Charge is only 30 seconds too, but that Flyby is needed to push their burst to the max. Edited by AngelFluttershy