Solo ranked isn't ranked! Stop ************

-Messiah

Guys I'm sick of solo ranked ************. 'They are syncing queues' 'I get matched with bads'

Solo ranked is just regular arenas. It's not going to change. Stop taking it so seriously, there's nothing they can do about it unless they increase the player pool doing ranked. Also another way would be to make the game more skill based rather than gear based that a really good player could carry a **** team.

If you want to be competitive then make a team, end of story. If you think you're the only good player in the game then challenge people to duels.

Get over your stupid rating and stop crying when you lose. Get your comms and move on

Edited by -Messiah

Cross Server Ques = Que problem solved -> not something Bioware have the capability to make happen = keep QQing or move on to a diff game if it bugs you. Don't think Bioware cares either way.

Things must be different on other servers. On my server I'm seeing ranked pop in under a minute playing at 1AM.

And the matches are good rankings. Every game is close because both teams are well matched. Except for 1 where the opposition had a 1st round quitter, and another game where our healer was asleep or something. Any loss I had was justified because our team didn't focus properly and the other did.

If you want to see Ranked working as designed transfer a main to Harbinger after the 2xp weekend dies back down.

The sync q'n is a real issue but I agree with you that people should get over it. A high ranking only proves that someone is at least slightly above average and that they have done a lot of arenas. Maybe they are really good and never q dodged, sync q'd, etc. or maybe they did those things. Who knows. Just have fun and if you are good you will likely at least get your mount by the end of the season even if you play fairly.

since it is just free for all anyway, they should just award pts toward ranking based on the medal count at the end of the match. If there are not equal medal chances across the board,,,ie 300k dmg =300k healing medal,, then fix it. There done and it is truly a solo thing.

Or how about everybody against everybody.

Whatever we seriously need a valor check or something. Notsomuch with having a 27k tank in pve gear on my team today

Making a team doesn't work unless others are also making teams at the same time. And unless both teams are on par so one isn't always winning, you need at least 3 teams of the same role makeup queueing simultaneously for any kind of variety in matchups.

Telling everyone to do group ranked in peak hour on a PVP server is all well and good, but don't forget that solo ranked is the ONLY ranked on some servers, especially for those who can't play during US peak hours.

That said, something that works nicely is forming an OPs group with 8+ players and having them all queue solo. You often get a mystery player on either side, but for the most part you are grouped with players you know so this almost completely eliminates your chances of getting on a team made up entirely of bads or quitters.

Edited by Solloby

since it is just free for all anyway, they should just award pts toward ranking based on the medal count at the end of the match. If there are not equal medal chances across the board,,,ie 300k dmg =300k healing medal,, then fix it. There done and it is truly a solo thing.

Whatever we seriously need a valor check or something. Notsomuch with having a 27k tank in pve gear on my team today

Neither work. If it's based on medals, Assassin's can win easily. And, same with a deathmatch. Stealthers/healers hide/stay alive until everyone else is dead.

Medals very often mean nothing and they are very class based. I mean sure if you play well you will get medals but they should never be the focus of your play.

A Valor check doesn't mean anything. My relatively new Sage has low valor, but is fully geared thanks to a legacy set of PVP gear from my Sorc main.

He is right in a way though. Something needs to be done. At least Valor shows you played a certain amount of PvP games, and should have a "clue". Even something as simple as a "Legacy Valor" stat could be implemented as one "check" to whether you can que for ranked. I mean you can take your first 55, and not play once ounce of PvP and insta-que for ranked. That shiz ain't right.

Right now, solo ranked is glorified practice/gear farm.

enough with the elitist silliness already. the only real problems with solo ranked are the same problems with team ranked... which is, many self proclaimed elite PVPers are doing all sorts of shady stuff to boost their e-peen ratings in both solo and team matches.

enough with the elitist silliness already. the only real problems with solo ranked are the same problems with team ranked... which is, many self proclaimed elite PVPers are doing all sorts of shady stuff to boost their e-peen ratings in both solo and team matches.

So you don't think a shadow tank with 26K HP and saying before the match "I suck" is a problem?

RIIIIIIGHT.

After this weekend, between the noobs and turds, ranked ratings is worthless. I can't even take ranked seriously right now...

No. Solo Ranked has plenty of real problems:

1. Bads with no gear

2. Geared up noobs who are terrible

3. 3v4s.

4. A ton of other ****.

5. Another ton of ****.

6. And down here, after 2 tons of ****, we have the problem of "shady epeen boosting".

Seriously, if on an active PvP server, win-trading is the ONLY problem you can think of, you probably don't play Ranked very often.

So you don't think a shadow tank with 26K HP and saying before the match "I suck" is a problem?

RIIIIIIGHT.

After this weekend, between the noobs and turds, ranked ratings is worthless. I can't even take ranked seriously right now...

I would rather have a 26k shadow tank who at least is trying to win, instead of alts who are throwing matches to help someones epeen rating. but even with all the super elites who need to do shady stuff and the undergeared people... rateds are still fun more often than not.

No. Solo Ranked has plenty of real problems:

1. Bads with no gear

2. Geared up noobs who are terrible

3. 3v4s.

4. A ton of other ****.

5. Another ton of ****.

6. And down here, after 2 tons of ****, we have the problem of "shady epeen boosting".

Seriously, if on an active PvP server, win-trading is the ONLY problem you can think of, you probably don't play Ranked very often.

ummm, sorry but... its the shady stuff that the "pro elites" do that causes 1, 2 and 3 much of the time.

besides, it all evens out in the end. if you cant handle having a bad match here and there then stick to normal WZs.

ummm, sorry but... its the shady stuff that the "pro elites" do that causes 1, 2 and 3 much of the time.

besides, it all evens out in the end. if you cant handle having a bad match here and there then stick to normal WZs.

Its not about evening out or losing. It's the fact that the match making isn't even close. We want good games. We want people who understand what we understand( depending on our skill level). We want the commando to know what healing stance is when he's healing( lol not joking)

So it's just regs, there's nothing in the ranked arenas to say that it's ranked. The match making is the same as normals, they could make reg arenas and we would be grouped the same as we have been grouped now. You cannot queue without worrying about getting a retard on your team. If it was truely ranked you wouldn't have to worry and would get people around the same level as you

Right. When win traders queue up, they hack the game servers and steal everyone's gear. Like, a noob DPS 39k HP entering a match is totally the fault of the hardcore players. And I bet it's us evil Ranked players who force noobs to enter Ranked queue right? And I have seen exactly ONE 3v4 caused by win traders quitting. Every other 3v4 was caused by freak disconnects, AFK-kick from loading screens, or general *******ery.

But please. Continue believing that win traders are the only thing wrong with the system. Nvm the fact that if you're so gosh darned sure someone's win trading you could report them . But you're too busy to report them arenMt you?

Edited by EzioMessi

You know, IMHO sometimes the problem isnt with the game itself, but with the community.

I dont play solo Ranked (my server is POT5).

It's not because i think im a noob, "baddie", or whatever.

It's because i dont want to interact with a mass of retarded enraged egocentric people, who call people "stupid, ******, idiot, piece of sh*t or whatever their twisted minds can think, just because they are losing in a game.

No, thanks. I will stick with normal warzones and the "baddies".

At least they usually are polite people. Most are friendly and fun to play with. Even if they dont know their rotation or use "green gear".

The more self proclaimed "L33T" the guy is, the more retarded and hysterical he is.

I dont wanna hang around with people who calls others "pieces of sh*t", who behave like effing animals, just because they want a damn mount. A fugly mount if you ask me.

Sometimes im amazed how this game can bring the worst out of people.

Guys I'm sick of solo ranked ************. 'They are syncing queues' 'I get matched with bads'

Solo ranked is just regular arenas. It's not going to change. Stop taking it so seriously, there's nothing they can do about it unless they increase the player pool doing ranked. Also another way would be to make the game more skill based rather than gear based that a really good player could carry a **** team.

If you want to be competitive then make a team, end of story. If you think you're the only good player in the game then challenge people to duels.

Get over your stupid rating and stop crying when you lose. Get your comms and move on

This.

You know, IMHO sometimes the problem isnt with the game itself, but with the community.

I dont play solo Ranked (my server is POT5).

It's not because i think im a noob, "baddie", or whatever.

It's because i dont want to interact with a mass of retarded enraged egocentric people, who call people "stupid, ******, idiot, piece of sh*t or whatever their twisted minds can think, just because they are losing in a game.

No, thanks. I will stick with normal warzones and the "baddies".

At least they usually are polite people. Most are friendly and fun to play with. Even if they dont know their rotation or use "green gear".

The more self proclaimed "L33T" the guy is, the more retarded and hysterical he is.

I dont wanna hang around with people who calls others "pieces of sh*t", who behave like effing animals, just because they want a damn mount. A fugly mount if you ask me.

Sometimes im amazed how this game can bring the worst out of people.

I actually don't play ranked for the exact same reason. If you remove the incentive for "less skilled/geared" players to play ranked you should solve the problem as most are either grinding ranked coms or are interested in the reward.

1. Add the same amount of ranked coms for reg WZ as for ranked. (ranked players shouldn't really be grinding ranked coms anyway). Move the dailies and weeklies giving ranked comms to unranked WZ.

2. Remove all ranked rewards. Good players know who the best are. Sure have a rating if you want but don't bother with rewards as you will get players you don't want trying to get them.

3. X-server quing so the good players on all servers can play against each other.

Its not about evening out or losing. It's the fact that the match making isn't even close. We want good games.

This is the case in both Yolo and Group Ranked. They both s*ck for the same reason. There is no Matchmaking in this game because the pool of players isn't big enough to make it work. Yolo has Role Enforcement which gives it a step up over Regz, but that's about it. SWTOR = Casual PvP, just enjoy it for what it is.

Look, I'm not going to come to the forums and ***** about how bad and undergeared some of the folks playing solo ranked are. Complete waste of my time.

That said, you will now wait about 30-60 minutes between pops on my server in primetime on a good night. On a slow night the queue will not pop at all for hours. This is primarily because the geared vets on pub side on my server do not want to queue only to get paired with undergeared and poorly skilled team mates resulting in a steam role.

We would get so many more pops and have more general participation in solo ranked if bolster was removed from ranked and max expertise was required for participation.