Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Be Kind: Help an RP Noob

sevalaricgirl
03.05.2012 , 01:13 PM | #11
Remember whenever you are in game, you are your character. I am Kensington, Jedi Shadow, with all her likes and dislikes. She is completely different and looks completely different than I do. I never enter the game and just play. I am always Kensington and my sisters are the Daughters of The Force. RP can be so enjoyable if you are open to it. Companions as love interests are really boring but if you meet someone in game it can be so much fun. Now to just fix up my best friend who's a trooper. I keep telling her to come to the cantina on Coruscant with me on Wednesday nights but she's always too tired. She is so over worked by the republic military.

zerowars
03.05.2012 , 02:48 PM | #12
On any server with roleplaying there are certain hot spots for it and there are sometimes guilds that plan events.

You usually start meeting people through what I jokingly call 'bar-pee' or roleplaying in a bar. Introduce yourself politely just like you would in real life, be in character, and in that way you begin to build contacts and meet people who are interested in telling the same types of stories you are.

It might take a few tries to connect with others, so don't give up if no one responds to your character immediately.

Best of luck

Damon_Mott
03.05.2012 , 03:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zerowars View Post
On any server with roleplaying there are certain hot spots for it and there are sometimes guilds that plan events.

You usually start meeting people through what I jokingly call 'bar-pee' or roleplaying in a bar. Introduce yourself politely just like you would in real life, be in character, and in that way you begin to build contacts and meet people who are interested in telling the same types of stories you are.

It might take a few tries to connect with others, so don't give up if no one responds to your character immediately.

Best of luck
To elaborate more on that, a server can make all the difference. Some servers have hot spots where you can observe and watch role-play. Unless you know where these are, they can be difficult to find. Other servers, like Sanctum of the Exalted, has role-play almost everywhere so its a bit easier than finding a hot spot.

In any case, most RP servers have In-Character and Out-of-Character channels. I believe for both Lord Adrass and Sanctum the channels are:

/cjoin ImperialNET
/cjoin ImperialOOC

/cjoin RepublicNET
/cjoin RepublicOOC

If you cannot find a hotspot or role-players, those channels are a good place to begin looking.
The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance:
A Heavy-RP Sith Crime Syndicate
Click here to Join!

Talkarr
03.05.2012 , 03:03 PM | #14
If you want to know more about role playing, i suggest you look up book about Dungeons & Dragons, they are amazing, and very informative!
Collectors Edition holder!