Just a reminder BW: 5.5/5.6 changes to DPS shadows still suck

Kirtastropohe

Just a friendly caution to BW, don't let the lack of shouting on the forums make you think people are happy about what you've done to infiltration and serenity. The lack of griping isn't a good thing, it's actually bad because it shows how apathetic people are getting. I would suspect many are doing what I did... just said screw it and stopped Pvping, or they've rolled alts. Bottom line is you still killed the viability of the class BW, and I truly hope you have plans to make changes. Until then, I have no desire to torture myself with a lot of warzones these days.

Just a friendly caution to BW, don't let the lack of shouting on the forums make you think people are happy about what you've done to infiltration and serenity. The lack of griping isn't a good thing, it's actually bad because it shows how apathetic people are getting. I would suspect many are doing what I did... just said screw it and stopped Pvping, or they've rolled alts. Bottom line is you still killed the viability of the class BW, and I truly hope you have plans to make changes. Until then, I have no desire to torture myself with a lot of warzones these days.

As dumb as it seems, balance in this game needs more than simple fix. It needs an overhaul as big as the original 5.0 changes, I doubt this will get better until 6.0 tbh :/

#PrayForShadows will be a new expression until then, along with #SavePowertech and #HelpJuggernaut :(

As dumb as it seems, balance in this game needs more than simple fix. It needs an overhaul as big as the original 5.0 changes, I doubt this will get better until 6.0 tbh :/

#PrayForShadows will be a new expression until then, along with #SavePowertech and #HelpJuggernaut :(

Not here to contribute anything worthy to the discussion but it could also be #PrayForSins if you get me :p

From a PvE - especially operations - point of view, DPS shadows are very ok. Serenity/Hatred is more then fine and totally viable due to the last utility changes (AoE-Damage Reduction). Deception/Infiltration is okay in most of the encounters. Especialliy in the final-boss-encounters of NiM, the spec is very useful.

From a PvE - especially operations - point of view, DPS shadows are very ok. Serenity/Hatred is more then fine and totally viable due to the last utility changes (AoE-Damage Reduction). Deception/Infiltration is okay in most of the encounters. Especialliy in the final-boss-encounters of NiM, the spec is very useful.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what is going on in this thread.

Abilities were recently taken from us and the only spec that got anything in return for it was Hatred.

But for that it still had to give up something else far more useful in PvP.

If PvE was the only worry, these changes would've not been as severe. But it isn't.

PvP took a real hit, for both Hatred and Deception. All the while nobody could possibly argue that while Mercinaries and Snipers are allowed to persist as they are.. Assassins had it too easy. That's just not a thing.

I play mainly carnage and dec. The difference between them before 5.5 was small, but noticeable in favor of carnage. Right now it is an ocean, even though carnage has been nerfed. A comparison between dec and fury is madness. Even rage is arguably better now. AP PT also has much better burst (not much on the survivability end though). Dec may not the bottom of the barrel, but fairly close among melee burst.

Hatred is not viable for anything. Even in PvE it is outperformed by almost all melee dot disciplines in damage output. It is a small margin, but hatred does not lead in survivability either. In PvP hatred cannot compete at all with anything. The only melee dot discipline that hatred out performs (not in damage) is pyro PT.

I do not see any reason at all to play dps sin in any game mode.