Pyro Merc PvP Thread (No QQ and no Devs allowed!) **also - New UI Idea**

This thread is intended for those few of us who are sick and tired of Merc complaints. This game isn't going to last forever and we need to enjoy it while we can. Most other classes can enjoy posting on the forums about any topic. But if a Merc dares post something positive, too many scrubs come out of the woodwork and try to bring you down to their level. It's gotten old.

1) The popular opinion is that Mercs suck in ranked warzones. I fully agree with this.

2) I still enjoy playing my Merc toon because my life doesn't revolve around ranked warzones.

3) I don't want to be censored into never talking about my Merc, regardless of the fact that they need help.

4) The developers aren't going to nerf Mercs because of this thread.

If you wanna see a Merc do well in a solo queue unranked warzone, watch this vid. You also may get inspired by my UI. I haven't ever shown it to anyone but I'm guessing most people will hate it, but a few may actually like it. (I'm talking about the buttons in the middle of the screen.)

Shortly after I posted this last nite, The Harbinger server crashed. It must have been a huge disturbance in the force because millions of Mercs cried out in terror (at the thought of a non-QQ post / video).

So.... why did you cut off the video before it showed the end screen? Didn't what everyone to see how you stacked up against the other players.

Your team rick-rolled them. Well done. Note I said team.

You where lucky and not targeted first, as the easy kill that all merc's are.

You had a good game. I am happy for you. I truly am.

It doesn't change the fact that merc's are in a bad place right now and you claiming otherwise doesn't change anything.

I wish you luck, in your little world. For removed form reality.

Bring it....lol

2) I still enjoy playing my Merc toon because my life doesn't revolve around ranked warzones.

I haven't decided which recording software to buy, so the trial is 10 minute length. (Notice the video ends at exactly 10minutes.) I did re-start the software and record the rest of the game but some players will realize (by the score) that the game is actually over at that point and you don't need to see me stand there and node guard for 4 more minutes.

Here's a screenie of the final scoreboard with my 0 deaths as you incorrectly predicted:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag109/PyroMercPvP/FinalScore_zpsd765b9bc.jpg

Too bad you can't see that I also was top 2 in damage received.

If you want to comment on "my little world", play with that photobucket URL and look at the other (non-game related) pics in that album. I uploaded them just for you.

if a Merc dares post something positive, too many scrubs come out of the woodwork and try to bring you down to their level. It's gotten old.
Edited by DarthBloodloss

I loved the video! I actually like the way you had some of you skils right in the center of the screen. I'm actually going to try it this weekend when I get a chance to play again. Also, I can see I need a lot of work on when and how I heal myself. I think part of my issue is that I've had my heals (ouside PVP med pack) on the left side bar. Once I move them to the middle of the screen I think this will actually help me. I've always appreciated your feedback on the forums and am glad you posted the video. Thanks!

Nice to see some positive posting :)

I get so tired of all the QQ'ing...

If we stick it out I think 2.0 will be a blast for Merc's/Mando's

Hold the line (& merc equiv) + kolto missile for all + electro net + the DPS improvement they've been hinting at should put us in a good position.

I loved the video! I actually like the way you had some of you skils right in the center of the screen. I'm actually going to try it this weekend when I get a chance to play again. Also, I can see I need a lot of work on when and how I heal myself. I think part of my issue is that I've had my heals (ouside PVP med pack) on the left side bar. Once I move them to the middle of the screen I think this will actually help me. I've always appreciated your feedback on the forums and am glad you posted the video. Thanks!

Thanks for watching and for the comments! Glad you are going to try out some new things with your UI. Another reason for some of my attacks to be in the middle (in addition to being easier to click) is so I can see the cooldowns of things more easily.

Edit: Saw your sig...I played on Ahazi as well :) As Bloodloss the Bounty Hunter

Nice to see some positive posting :)

I get so tired of all the QQ'ing...

If we stick it out I think 2.0 will be a blast for Merc's/Mando's

Hold the line (& merc equiv) + kolto missile for all + electro net + the DPS improvement they've been hinting at should put us in a good position.

Yes I feel the same way about all of that. I had to make my own thread just to avoid as much QQ as possible. When I post anything positive in other threads, I get flamed...bad lol

And I can't wait for 2.0 even though I have read mixed reviews on Mercs. I'm excited over the little things such as using Missile Salvo as an opener instead of Incendiary Missile. And I think our Power Surge gets 2 charges? That will be great for CC+Heal in the middle of fights. If they break the CC, you still get an insta heal as well as wasting their stun breaker so they won't have it ready for the Electro Net!

Edited by DarthBloodloss

y u no qq merc? -__- how we supposed to get a strong merc in 2.0 if you keep making positive merc threads... this is why merc still has not been fixed cause good players keep playing merc and make it look good...

watch the devs read this thread and cancel the planned merc buffs. sorcs are qqing harder, they are gonna get a better buff :(

Edited by MarkXXIV

Here's another video, this time of Huttball. If one was so inclined, they could see the general tactics I use on that map. But in my opinion, the best part is the death at 7:46

And here's a pic of the final scoreboard:

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/PyroMercPvP/media/Huttball_zpsead8d7b8.jpg.html

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I know this is random but any tips on vs vanguard i am currently arsenal i will go pyro today i know some classes have odds in their favour but any tips for pyro vg?

there is no pyro vanguard wth O.o. the best thing to do when attacked by a vanguard/powertech while playing merc is to do as much dmg on it before it kills you Lol.

I know this is random but any tips on vs vanguard i am currently arsenal i will go pyro today i know some classes have odds in their favour but any tips for pyro vg?

I don't have a PT or Vanguard so I don't know all their weaknesses. But I am fairly certain that Flame Burst is 10m range. They are going to be spamming that on you, so they can proc a Railshot on you.

If you stay father back than 10m, their DPS will not be as high and you can survive longer. Also, if your Electro Dart is available, Stun and Run (or knockback) if they get too close. Basically just treat them as a Marauder.

The last thing that could potentially help is using a Cure at the right time. If you are both toe-to-toe, going all-out on each other, then a Cure isn't going to help at all. Because as you Cure....they just hit you again. The only time Cure can really be good is if you are able to go around a corner and LOS and Cure, then come back out. That way, they aren't attacking you while you use 1 cooldown on the Cure.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I don't have a PT or Vanguard so I don't know all their weaknesses. But I am fairly certain that Flame Burst is 10m range. They are going to be spamming that on you, so they can proc a Railshot on you.

If you stay father back than 10m, their DPS will not be as high and you can survive longer. Also, if your Electro Dart is available, Stun and Run (or knockback) if they get too close. Basically just treat them as a Marauder.

The last thing that could potentially help is using a Cure at the right time. If you are both toe-to-toe, going all-out on each other, then a Cure isn't going to help at all. Because as you Cure....they just hit you again. The only time Cure can really be good is if you are able to go around a corner and LOS and Cure, then come back out. That way, they aren't attacking you while you use 1 cooldown on the Cure.

You can't stay back they have grapple rofl! best thing to do is to just take your punishment and hit the revive button or pray there is a healer nearby

So.... why did you cut off the video before it showed the end screen? Didn't what everyone to see how you stacked up against the other players.

Your team rick-rolled them. Well done. Note I said team.

You where lucky and not targeted first, as the easy kill that all merc's are.

You had a good game. I am happy for you. I truly am.

It doesn't change the fact that merc's are in a bad place right now and you claiming otherwise doesn't change anything.

I wish you luck, in your little world. For removed form reality.

"what's that gold leader? You're sensing a douchebag alert? Copy that."

"what's that gold leader? You're sensing a douchebag alert? Copy that."

I notice you did not have any response to the points I made. Just wanted to throw out an insult. Truly impressive. I am in awe of you grasp of the English language. You should get out of your parents basement more often.

I notice you did not have any response to the points I made. Just wanted to throw out an insult. Truly impressive. I am in awe of you grasp of the English language. You should get out of your parents basement more often.

He didn't need to respond to your points. I already did that and you had nothing to say. He's correct in the sense that you were ACTING like a DB. You may not be one, but that's how you're acting

• 5 weeks later...

Yes this was a 1.7 pyro build but I will gladly post a link to a 2.0 version later today once I have more time. (I'm not sure what the Noxxic build looks like)

The build works almost exactly the same as 1.7 but now we have a little bit better defense.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

This thread is intended for those few of us who are sick and tired of Merc complaints. This game isn't going to last forever and we need to enjoy it while we can. Most other classes can enjoy posting on the forums about any topic. But if a Merc dares post something positive, too many scrubs come out of the woodwork and try to bring you down to their level. It's gotten old.

1) The popular opinion is that Mercs suck in ranked warzones. I fully agree with this.

3) I don't want to be censored into never talking about my Merc, regardless of the fact that they need help.

4) The developers aren't going to nerf Mercs because of this thread.

If you wanna see a Merc do well in a solo queue unranked warzone, watch this vid. You also may get inspired by my UI. I haven't ever shown it to anyone but I'm guessing most people will hate it, but a few may actually like it. (I'm talking about the buttons in the middle of the screen.)

Shortly after I posted this last nite, The Harbinger server crashed. It must have been a huge disturbance in the force because millions of Mercs cried out in terror (at the thought of a non-QQ post / video).

Hey Partner!

Glad to see a post like this in the Mercenaries` Forum for a change. I am pretty sure that a "good mood" post of a Merc won`t make BW do any nerf to our class. Everyone has a chance to have a little happiness in life, even Mercenaries... ;)

I agree with every point of your OP. But I got to say that your UI is kinda crazy, though...

I always had fun with my Merc even in Ranked WZ, sometimes winning, sometimes losing badly. I know our class is not good at PvP, but I never let it on the shelf, just learned to live with it, knowing my place in WZ, learning the ˜what to do`s" and (specially) the ˜what not to do`s" in every map.

I must say that we mercenaries received some nice defensive tricks to play with 2.0, but I`m afraid that the Pyro spec tree suffered a huge blast, for both Mercs and Powertechs.

Right now, I am rolling Arsenal for PvP, and having some very good time with it. The defensive tools just got much better in Arsenal. But everything still very green in Warzones, and before the regulars PvPers got all their level 55 augmented gear, learn all the new abilities and BW do something with lolbolster, we can`t have anything for sure. I will just keep "spamming my tracers" (lol, jking) until everyone knows how to shut me down... :D

Edited by Millem

Hey Partner!

Glad to see a post like this in the Mercenaries` Forum for a change. I am pretty sure that a "good mood" post of a Merc won`t make BW do any nerf to our class. Everyone has a chance to have a little happiness in life, even Mercenaries... ;)

I agree with every point of your OP. But I got to say that your UI is kinda crazy, though...

I always had fun with my Merc even in Ranked WZ, sometimes winning, sometimes losing badly. I know our class is not good at PvP, but I never let it on the shelf, just learned to live with it, knowing my place in WZ, learning the ˜what to do`s" and (specially) the ˜what not to do`s" in every map.

I must say that we mercenaries received some nice defensive tricks to play with 2.0, but I`m afraid that the Pyro spec tree suffered a huge blast, for both Mercs and Powertechs.

Right now, I am rolling Arsenal for PvP, and having some very good time with it. The defensive tools just got much better in Arsenal. But everything still very green in Warzones, and before the regulars PvPers got all their level 55 augmented gear, learn all the new abilities and BW do something with lolbolster, we can`t have anything for sure. I will just keep "spamming my tracers" (lol, jking) until everyone knows how to shut me down... :D

Hey whats up bud :D Thanks for the support!

Well at least you were honest about my IU! Because all that matters is that I like it lol .... Its basically there for all the buttons that I don't have a hotkey for.

I've been playing less the last few days because of work but still at the top of my list is for me to try Arsenal. I know you keep telling me to test it out and that time is almost here!

---

To the guys I promised my build to....sorry I haven't even logged on in the last couple days! (But basically I have all Pyro boxes EXCEPT "foreign object excisor" and "infrared sensors". I think you are required to take everything else, to be able to move up the tree.)