The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Selenial

Yeah but I didn't get what you were saying. :o

Those who claim we will see Han and Leia definitely have kids named Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin along with a cousin from Luke named Ben. Now I will edit your post accordingly. :D

"But then again, could any character loved and known by readers of EU but unknown to others alienate many viewers?"

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you're the one trolling trying to make it about a mistype and not the topic at hand. And it's "doing" not "doin'" if you have to be technical about spelling arguments trying to troll.

"Doin" with an apostrophe after it is a the proper slang term to refer to the internet meme, "You're doin' it wrong!".

Like I said: if you're going to troll, do it right.

"Doin" with an apostrophe after it is a the proper slang term to refer to the internet meme, "You're doin' it wrong!".

Like I said: if you're going to troll, do it right.

Not in the dictionary. If you want to be a stronger spelling policeman you have to obey the law. Not troll it.

Those who claim we will see Han and Leia definitely have kids named Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin along with a cousin from Luke named Ben. Now I will edit your post accordingly. :D

"But then again, could any character loved and known by readers of EU but unknown to others alienate many viewers?"

Heck, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying we don't know one way or another. It's undecided right now. We could see Ashoka or not. Maybe Jaina Solo and maybe not. Maybe we see Han with 2 male sons one of whom becomes a sith or maybe not. Nothing has been stated one way or the other by anyone that counts (Disney/Lucasfilms).

"Original story" does not mean they will or won't ignore everything that came before. It implies nothing more than we won't be seeing a screen adaptation of "heir to the empire" or other established stories. It means Disney is having a new script written. You can't "interpret" their words the way you want to. You have to read them as they used them in the context they said them.

Edited by annabethchase

Exactly, which is why Disney is likely going to attempt either to steer clear of that area, or simply destroy it. However Ashoka is more likely to appear than any post-ROTJ character.

Yeah but I didn't get what you were saying. :o

Basically, he's saying if including Ashoka would alienate those who don't watch tcw then wouldn't including those people from the EU who wouldn't be known if people didn't read those books/comics alienate people too?

Edit: never mind, you get it :p

Edited by Selenial

Heck, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying we don't know one way or another. It's undecided right now. We could see Ashoka or not. Maybe Jaina Solo and maybe not. Maybe we see Han with 2 male sons one of whom becomes a sith or maybe not. Nothing has been stated one way or the other by anyone that counts (Disney/Lucasfilms).

"Original story" does not mean they will or won't ignore everything that came before. It implies nothing more than we won't be seeing a screen adaptation of "heir to the empire" or other established stories. It means Disney is having a new script written.

No you said and I quote that I was making up new canon. I never said anything to dictate that. I have said we don't know from the start. You accused me of making up new canon. And that's what started this with you. I said they may throw the EU out the airlock. I never claimed to know more than what Disney's PR put out.

Exactly, which is why Disney is likely going to attempt either to steer clear of that area, or simply destroy it. However Ashoka is more likely to appear than any post-ROTJ character.

I think you took it in the wrong "frame of mind" now that I read this. I wasn't disputing what you said. I was agreeing but felt you put it in a way that was well-put so used it. :D

This is what you said that is blatantly wrong. It's the very first thing you said.

Are you serious? First, don't quote then put a period in half the sentence. Seriously? I mean, you should have downplayed it and not do a quote command.

Here's the full quote for everyone to see how Annabethchase is trying to manipulate it.

Books are not established canon as many actually contradicted each other. What Disney puts in the new trilogy will be the canon.

In their creation, since the script hasn't been completed, nobody knows. Well, except may be JJ Abrams and a few select others. What *YOU* want to be canon doesn't make it canon.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Good god you two give it a break,

Anabeth, if you have something interesting on topic to contribute to this thread then post away, but personal vendettas against someone for something they said that you simply misinterpreted is not acceptable and certainly not making you look good.

At least he's contributing.

Edit: Over the past 3 pages (the recent ones I can be bothered to read) you've made one post that wasn't directly aimed at Jason saying he's wrong.....

Edited by Selenial

Ahsoka being in Episode 7 would have to be limited though. I need to clear that up as people seem to think her being there would mean she's a central character of it. Her being there, she'd have to be pretty old. She was grown (roughly a teenager how I saw her) before Luke and Leia are born. Probably older than Han too. Just not quite in Chewbacca's years... sorry I had to put that there for a lightening of the mood but still she's not as old as Chewbacca.

Now Han will probably be in his 60's in this movie or close to it. Leia and Luke in their 50's and that's even stretching it. So she'd be pretty old. So I'd see an elderly version of her as a council member with Luke along with new people that were among Luke's first group of Jedis after RotJ.

May be have a flashback of force ghost Anakin telling Luke he once had a padawan that left the order. And tell Luke to find her which explains how she ends up with Luke. (That would help explain that abomination of placing Hayden in place of Sebastian in the edit of the SE lol)

While Obi-Wan gave Luke the grim memories of Anakin for the most part, Ahsoka could be seen telling Luke some of the "good old days with Anakin". But as a character in the middle of the action, I doubt we'll be seeing the Big 3 from the OT being the focus either so Ahsoka wouldn't.

This is my guess on how they will play out her character. Of course if she comes back for season 6 and dies, all bets are off. :D

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

:D

I guess she will be waiting a while. I'll just stay on topic. :D

Indeed :p

As to your previous post, age isn't really that big of a factor I think, especially for Jedi....

The average life expectancy in the Star Wars universe I'm pretty sure is much larger than our life expectancies, so being 60 In Star Wars is Like 35-40 for us, which is still older, and generally wiser and probably less main character material, but it certainly doesn't rule her out as a main character, age is but a number, I'm fairly sure most of the Jedi Council during tcw are quite old, but they're all battle ready :p

Indeed :p

As to your previous post, age isn't really that big of a factor I think, especially for Jedi....

The average life expectancy in the Star Wars universe I'm pretty sure is much larger than our life expectancies, so being 60 In Star Wars is Like 35-40 for us, which is still older, and generally wiser and probably less main character material, but it certainly doesn't rule her out as a main character, age is but a number, I'm fairly sure most of the Jedi Council during tcw are quite old, but they're all battle ready :p

I know. I just don't think Episode 7 will be her in the middle of all the action. I am not saying no action. Sort of think of her as Mace in the prequels type of action. Some but mostly seen as one of the council in meetings. And one of the top members of the Council. Sort of like Luke is in Yoda's chair and she's in Mace's chair so to speak.

Another possible idea is since Disney did say the children (without using names) will be more involved, may be one of the kids was/is her padawan at the start of episode 7. /shrug

So many possibilities really. :)

WAY off point for the discussion, but did anyone note that Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show) did the voice for Chancellor Palpatine? I just found out that Ian Ambercrombie has passed and I'm saddened at the loss. I wish that Tim had received this possition under better circumstances. This post started off so differently as I've been Googling info.

Well suffice it to say,

Welcome Tim Curry.

Rest in Peace dear Ian Abercrombie.

You will be missed.

:sy_lightsaber:

WAY off point for the discussion, but did anyone note that Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show) did the voice for Chancellor Palpatine? I just found out that Ian Ambercrombie has passed and I'm saddened at the loss. I wish that Tim had received this possition under better circumstances. This post started off so differently as I've been Googling info.

Well suffice it to say,

Welcome Tim Curry.

Rest in Peace dear Ian Abercrombie.

You will be missed.

:sy_lightsaber:

In a way it's not off-topic. Or at least it's closer than a lot of others.

The thread is about the episode although there's a lot of talk about Ahsoka because she was the focus of the episode.

And yes, I knew Tim Curry voiced it because saw another thread about him joining the cast elsewhere before it aired.

But I guess they aired the final episode Ian voiced a few weeks back.

It might be bad, but I remember him on Birds of Prey playing Alfred. I thought he played it more like a butler than any other actors in that role.

I'm no SW expert but doesn't Bariss's "fall" cause some continuity ripples?

Woe the age of Disney retcons is upon us. :p

Nope. It over-writes a comic strip, but that is nothing new. This series of cartoons has overwritten most previous clone wars comics. Barris is fair game for more storyline.

I wish there had been more time for a focus on why Bariss turned. I'd actually be happy if the focus of season 6 was on her. The whole idea of some jedi actually seeing the issues, even if not clearly, is interesting.

Bariss' reasoning was sound. Her choices were not. It shows the arrogance of the council to not even appear to consider her reasoning.

Edited by TheBBP