Hard to Find Groups for Flashpoints/HEROIC

When I say 'hard' I mean impossible, I don't have 1 hour to spend begging for a group. I have maybe 15 minutes tops, after 15 minutes I am forced to play Hutball for the zillionth time or go and do the easier quests, and guess what? I am now too high for all of the quests I go back to, +5 XP, gee thanks a lot, that +5 really encourages me to want to go back and help lower players, that +5 XP really encourages me to want to go back to the planets I didn't finish every quest on, because that level 16 armor piece is really needed for me at level 24, of course I only did the quest to do the quest, and for a 16 armor piece not for XP.

Solution?:

FLOATING TEXT OVER YOUR HEAD... trust me tons of players ignore, or have the world chat box minimized, even PM'ing them is overkill, I don't have time to PM every single individual, if I hat text over my head they'd see my request if they were right there, and for social purposes in general this would be an amazing leap in the right direction.

EASIER WAY TO FIND GROUPS, I'm tired of ranting, I just want an easier way to do this, you come up with the solutions.

OH YEAH, AND GET RID OF +5 XP RIPOFF, Give us 1K XP at least sheesh. Even 1k is nothing compared to Huttball so give us something, a box to roll for armor of our level. Trust me, it's worthless compared to modded oranges anyway, it would at least encourage higher players to go back and help lower players, but this doesn't exist, try checking out the game and let me know if you see this ever happening.

Edited by Erazimus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a purple icon that looks like three little figure, the same one you see in your quest log when grouped, that appears next to a players name when they are flagged as LFG. If one game of Huttball is giving you too much xp to do the quests before they turn grey, you are waiting too long.

If you really want to get the quests done, stop queuing for pvp. Also, try talking in PvP, and keep talking in General. Not as many people have it turned off as people think.

Go to where all the flash points are ( They are all in one location ). Flag yourself LFG, and set your comment to the one you want.

Profit.

I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.

Go to where all the flash points are ( They are all in one location ). Flag yourself LFG, and set your comment to the one you want.

Profit.

Problem is no one is using that part of the social window. Bioware doesn't do a good job of telling people that it's there. I go to the LFG tab and see maybe one comment for LFG out of 100+ people on any given night. It's bad.

Edited by Merex

Through Lvl 21 on Infinite Empire i have had 0 trouble finding groups for Heroics. Havent really seen people LFGing for the Flashpoint at that level though. Heroics though are easy to find a group. Every couple mins someone is putting a group together from my experience on my server.

Did you ever think you may have earned a bad reputation somehow? I'm DPS and I wait fifteen minutes tops for a group when I am looking. You could always try making friends with people around your level so you have a group of people to ask regularly for help. It really works wonders.

I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.

lol well you're doing it wrong...

I've never skipped a heroic in my life, usually find a group within 30 minutes or less

I had trouble with 1 or 2 of them (level 37 now), but I found a group eventually

Edited by Esaru

I assume you've done the +2 Heroics since those can be soloed with your companion. I don't see how you could not get a group. On Couruscant all I see in General is LFG for Trouble in Deed or LFG for Enemies of the Republic.

When I say 'hard' I mean impossible, I don't have 1 hour to spend begging for a group. I have maybe 15 minutes tops, after 15 minutes I am forced to play Hutball for the zillionth time or go and do the easier quests, and guess what? I am now too high for all of the quests I go back to, +5 XP, gee thanks a lot, that +5 really encourages me to want to go back and help lower players, that +5 XP really encourages me to want to go back to the planets I didn't finish every quest on, because that level 16 armor piece is really needed for me at level 24, of course I only did the quest to do the quest, and for a 16 armor piece not for XP.

Solution?:

FLOATING TEXT OVER YOUR HEAD... trust me tons of players ignore, or have the world chat box minimized, even PM'ing them is overkill, I don't have time to PM every single individual, if I hat text over my head they'd see my request if they were right there, and for social purposes in general this would be an amazing leap in the right direction.

EASIER WAY TO FIND GROUPS, I'm tired of ranting, I just want an easier way to do this, you come up with the solutions.

OH YEAH, AND GET RID OF +5 XP RIPOFF, Give us 1K XP at least sheesh. Even 1k is nothing compared to Huttball so give us something, a box to roll for armor of our level. Trust me, it's worthless compared to modded oranges anyway, it would at least encourage higher players to go back and help lower players, but this doesn't exist, try checking out the game and let me know if you see this ever happening.

OP I feel for you but you wont get anywhere on these forums with the astounding brown nosery that goes on

OK, here's what you do. Skip them. If BW wanted you to do them, they'd make it easy to form a group.

If enough people are skipping them, BW will be forced to go back and fix the system.

I think I did one Heroic during Beta, and none since for this very reason. Spend 20-30 minutes trying to form a group, just to do a 5 minute flashpoint?

i have had problems as well. in the beginning i had no problems finding members for the black talon and the first few on Dromund Kaas but since leaving that planet it is almost impossible to find members for any heroics whatsoever. i have been nothing but helpful to my fellow players; healing them as much as possible and being polite during quests in high traffic areas but i haven't been able to do a single heroic/flashpoint since coming to Korriban. sorry to invoke the devil, but i think having some kind of group maker and/or reward system for joining up with other players wouldn't be a horrible idea

I've done EVERY heroic and EVERY flashpoint with people OUTSIDE of my GUILD by USING /who. System works. And I HAVE found a GROUP in FIFTEEN minutes OR LESS.

If I'm doing it wrong, take a look at the groups in your area right now, you will see, 90% of groups are 2 players, if not 95+%, that alone is proof that the system isn't set up right, I would like to see more groups 3+,4+, I've stood at heroics for long enough to know that I was wasting my time with them...

My only rush is for 1 thing and 1 thing alone, to pick a decent legacy name, which seems nearing impossibility with every day, after that I will take my time and I guess watch tv as my char hangs at a heroic spot for 2 hours, because that is the type of wait time I'm anticipating despite the players claiming the exact opposite

I have 2 30s and a 40 and I have never done a single heroic or flashpoint. I sit in the fleet with LFG up and spamming for invite for a good hour or two every night but have never got one going. Also on every new planet while doing the bonus lines I will spam every 5-10 mins LFG for a heroic and still have not found one. This is a Single Player MMO with group PvP against other Empire players.

sorry to invoke the devil, but i think having some kind of group maker and/or reward system for joining up with other players wouldn't be a horrible idea

I think it's pretty clear at this point that they will have to do this eventually. People aren't going to keep paying a subscription if they can't find groups, might as well be playing Mass Effect or Skyrim...

Most people your level are trying to level their first character. Flashpoints are fun but annoying. I personally haven't done anything past Athiss simply because it's not worthwhile for me right now. Yes, there is a story to each but I have plenty of time to see that once I have a 50 under my belt

This is the first month of a major, long-awaited MMO. This sort of thing happens

The problem with most people is they are lazy, it's easier to spam LFG all night long than actually be proactive and start the group themselves.

Like it was said earlier, open the lfg tool, take a look who is lfg, send tells, that works. Spam general chat once or twice with "forming a group for X FP". I often see many LFG for X and yet no one takes the initiative of forming a group...

Be proactive, not reactive ;)

I have leveled four PCs to level 13(ish) on Krath. I have never had to wait more than a couple minutes to get others to join for any or all FP/Heroics. This is even purely using General chat to say "LFG for ..." or "LFM for ..."

I'm not generally talking just 1 person, I usually get full groups of 4 and tend to have to turn away people because the group is full.

So, your experience doesn't match with mine ... although I admit mine is all lower-level stuff so far.

You're playing an MMO, OP. That means you're going to have to be social and even lead at times.

How to get a group:

1. Send out a LFG/LFM "FP Name" in general. Do this every 2 - 3 minutes.

2. Meanwhile - Do a /who and start with the people flagged LFG. Send each of them /w messages asking if they'd like to join you for a heroic. Be polite and nice at all times. Consider helping them get the quest for the FP if they don't have it yet but are willing to do it.

3. If they don't want to do a FP, then you should tell them "Thank you anyways, good luck!". You'll likely see them again in the future and you want to make sure they remember you're someone worth grouping with.

4. Once you get a group together, add them all to your friends list. Regardless of how this run works out, these are the folks you'll want to ask first in the future if they're on.

5. Be nice in your runs, and take the lead. Remember to say "hi!" as people join the group. Chat people up a little. Make people feel like you're looking to make friends, not treat them like NPCs.

6. Roll a healer if you can, as most players right now are running DPS. I made this mistake at level 10 (when they said "double bladed light sabers" my wife and I were like "OMG YES!". Now I wish I had rolled a sage because healers are harder to find).

7. Do your best in the instance. Don't ever nerdrage people or criticize them. Offer them some help if they need it, but don't tell people how to play in a brusque way. If they are truly very bad at the game, just note that on your friends list that they need to be carried (don't delete them off your friends list, you won't remember this info later).

8. If you can't complete the run after several wipes (I'd say at 5-6 on a boss you might be stuck), then tell everyone in a very positive way "Hey guys, I think we might be stuck on this one but I've had a lot of fun with you. Let's call it a run and please add me to your friends list." Remember, you're playing to have fun and so are they.

9. Build that friends list and your rep as well. Join a guild and be the person who organizes runs - even set up a time to do them with others. It takes the focus off getting "lootz" and towards having fun with others.

10. The game literally just launched, so a lot of people are just questing right now and may be a little shy. Give it some time for the community to form up. It will happen, but it takes time. Help it grow by being a positive influence.

Good luck and have fun!!

Solution?:

Why is it so hard for people to find some like minded individuals and form/join a guild. I just dont get it. I am in a guild of a great group of people that I met in Rift. There are probably 20 or more active members of all types of playstyles on at any given time. None of us have trouble putting groups together.