What?!?! 14k Maul?

DarkSyn

like it says how does that happen? in a warzone. I have full Obroan Min/max and also i have the new Mainhand and off hand as well. Bonus damage is 880.5 with my crit at 20.01% and surge at 76.83%

so im asking is how does one get a 14k maul? i think i have the stats for it and im using the hybrid build 2/31/13, is it my build do i need to go full decp? for this to happen or is it just waiting for the stars to align and lighting striking in the same spot twice?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new gear set is hitting ridiculously hard in some instances, and also letting people get shredded as well. I've seen a lot of two-shot deaths considering it's only been live for two days now. It's either the gear itself or some weird effect of bolster changes and the gear acting together.

What kind of stats are deceptions going for now? I have brute mainhand and sitting @ 30% crit with all WP augs. I feel my crit may be too high, yet I dont crit as much as I want to? :\ Should I swap out my crit surge enhancements for power surge enhancements?

I thought that tech/force bonus damage was indirectly buffed.

Nope, it's weapon damage. Therefore white damage.

What kind of stats are deceptions going for now? I have brute mainhand and sitting @ 30% crit with all WP augs. I feel my crit may be too high, yet I dont crit as much as I want to? :\ Should I swap out my crit surge enhancements for power surge enhancements?

That is too much crit. 25% crit for Arenas, 21-23% for solo play. Rest in power and surge.

Can anyone back up this statement? I feel like it may be wrong..Why would they put accuracy on the pvp gear if it wasn't needed?

Same reason they put alacrity on tank enhancements? Just to mess with ya =p Main stat, power, surge--and for some classes/builds crit--are all you need.

Simple. They gear for full power/surge, hit a crit, have both relics up, warzone damage buff is picked up, and you were under 30% health, while they were full deception and just low slashed you. The combined damage buffs from everything should be enough to hit 14k easy

Well, i managed to stack up enough comms to get more or less fully power/surge min/maxed with the entire brut gear when i logged inn..

Ive had 12k crits on what i know to be a fully geared assassin, without any inspiration or warzone adrenal buffs.. Im guessing i had relic procs, but im not frapsing, and couldnt check before it was over..

All in all, my dmg has improved quite alot, getting 10k crits on anyone, no matter the armor, isnt unusual..

Can anyone back up this statement? I feel like it may be wrong..Why would they put accuracy on the pvp gear if it wasn't needed?

As others have pointed out, you do not need accuracy. Developers purposely put useless stats on our gear for min / maxing purposes. This was said by BW themselves.

14k hits are quite possible with proper min/maxed gear these days. THIS is the biggest hit I managed (if I'm not mistaken) with min/maxed Obroan before changes to bolster. Now in ranked against GEARED sorcs I managed to hit 11, once even 12k - and I don't even have all Brutalizer armorings, let alone proper Enhancements (so I'm basically still using the old Obroan gear, just new Relics/Implants/Earpiece).

Of course I go high power/surge, and only 20.9% crit (will probably go up to about 22% when I min-max stuff), but I don't recommend that to everyone, my playstyle suits such gearing, but obviously it won't work for everyone.

Edited by DarrelK

It's funny how people, then, argue that this game is proply balanced, assassins discussing that he opnly do 10k damage and not 14k, this is way this pvp is screwd, when sombody take others with full expertise, 33% of life easly.

We're doomed, cos bioware will never change this ****, those retard only try to 'balance' twice an year, and when they do, they make it worst, this game pvp is dead, that's why real pvpers quit it.

It's funny how people, then, argue that this game is proply balanced, assassins discussing that he opnly do 10k damage and not 14k, this is way this pvp is screwd, when sombody take others with full expertise, 33% of life easly.

We're doomed, cos bioware will never change this ****, those retard only try to 'balance' twice an year, and when they do, they make it worst, this game pvp is dead, that's why real pvpers quit it.

before 2.7 I only did 10k on sorcs when I procced my relics. I don't think anyone on the assassins board asked for more damage in PvP. I think the new damage is over the top, and getting kills is becoming too easy. I wouldn't mind if they reverted the damage back to how it was in 2.6, especially with the big nerf to op healers (I would actually even prefer this).

But it seems like the damage now is where BW wanted it, so no matter how much the few of us protest I don't think they are changing it.

Do you play an Assassin?