Cather exclusive to republic? I don't think so, here's why...

CJ_SAX_MAN

I don't think Cathar will be exclusive to republic, I could see the Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors both being Cathar, and I have lore to back it up.

The bounty hunter runs into a Cathar as competition at the great hunt meaning obviously, there are Cather Bounty Hunters

Cathar's have frequently been enslaved, as is stated more clearly and in detail if you ever played KOTOR. Meaning since the Inquisitors are ex-slaves, they could easily be Cathar.

You also forgot about the empire quest on belsavis that has to do with a cathar being enslaved by the republic that would make a few fellow cathar say "screw you republic"

im curious as a Bh can you turn down becoming a mandlorian cause if i made a cathar Bh id think i would turn it down due to their history?

You also forgot about the empire quest on belsavis that has to do with a cathar being enslaved by the republic that would make a few fellow cathar say "screw you republic"

im curious as a Bh can you turn down becoming a mandlorian cause if i made a cathar Bh id think i would turn it down due to their history?

very good point

Yes you can, I did on mine. Mandalore gets all pissy with you for a second and storms off, but that's about it.

I honestly think they'll make Cathar exclusive to the Republic at the start. But Legacy unlocks work pretty well, so I imagine it won't be long before we do see Cathar on the Empire side, as well. I think Bioware will work to repair the current imbalance between Imps and Pubs, though, so it makes sense they'd start off as a Pub-only species.

I'm also leaning towards Cathar being only one new species. I figure Bioware will offer us a new Imperial-only species to balance the Cathar. Bothan, maybe. Give cats to the Pubs and dogs to the Imps...hehe.

I'm also leaning towards Cathar being only one new species. I figure Bioware will offer us a new Imperial-only species to balance the Cathar. Bothan, maybe. Give cats to the Pubs and dogs to the Imps...hehe.

.....Are there even any bothans in game right now? I can't recall any at least. If there are any additional races that are going to be added along with the Cathar, I'd personally bet on them fitting the same basic criteria that the Cathar do. So a specieis that can speak basic, is mostly humanesque in appearance but possibly slightly less so than the current species, and currently exists in game likely in a large number. I'd put Togruta as the species with highest probability now that Cathar have been added.

.....Are there even any bothans in game right now? I can't recall any at least. If there are any additional races that are going to be added along with the Cathar, I'd personally bet on them fitting the same basic criteria that the Cathar do. So a specieis that can speak basic, is mostly humanesque in appearance but possibly slightly less so than the current species, and currently exists in game likely in a large number. I'd put Togruta as the species with highest probability now that Cathar have been added.

Oh, I agree completely. I was thinking Voss would be more likely than even Cathar, until I saw Cathar being announced. Another species we see alot of in game are the Nautilons. I myself wouldn't mind Devaronians, actually. Gault was a fun character to interact with, anyway.

From what I've noticed, seeing particular race/class combos in-game as NPCs does not necessarily indicate that it is/will be a standard combo available in the character creator (off the top of my head, I believe my Sith Warrior's trainer on the fleet was a Twi'lek).

Republic only races:

Mirialan

Miraluka

Empire only races:

Chiss

Rattataki

Sith Pureblood

Given the above, I wouldn't be surprised if the Republic got Cathar and the Empire did not. Of course, just about any race could theoretically be an Inquisitor as the Empire will enslave just about any race, and Smugglers and BH's could be just about any race too. Yet, those classes are still limited to select races in character creation.

Then again, the Empire is popular and Bioware may simply want to please as many people as possible, who knows.