Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

Jinre_the_Jedi
02.22.2019 , 02:15 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't feel like taking my 5.x Shadows and Sins into ranked nowadays. I got silver in S7 ranked on my serenity shadow. Looking back, S7 ended with the 5.0 expansion. Back then, merc/mandos were free kills, maras weren't so stronk, and sage/sorc heals were way OP. It's not that Serenity/Hatred was better back then, it's just that now the class balance is heavily tuned toward melee burst and godmode DCD buttons and defensives.

So I guess we serenity shadows are fine, but don't ask us to quickly 1v1 a side node anymore. It's considerably more difficult in this meta. May as well go infiltration.
Sins are still viable in Ranked. I play Hatred/Serenity less than I used to, but I still play the spec here and there and I can still outplay my opponents, even despite not having Low Slash.

TheDramaKing
02.22.2019 , 07:43 AM | #52
In SR 4dps vs 4dps and without too many nets, yes.
In TR there is no reason to go Sin when you can have burst classes that deal more damage, have better DCDs and provide better group buffs than a Mass Taunt.
(Playing Hatred in a cleave comp may work, but cleave comps are very situational anyway)
The only particularly good thing they left to Sin is Low Slash, that they are probably gonna remove in some future patch seening how they like to nerf this class "just because why not".

Rion_Starkiller
02.25.2019 , 11:26 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Sins are still viable in Ranked. I play Hatred/Serenity less than I used to, but I still play the spec here and there and I can still outplay my opponents, even despite not having Low Slash.
Maybe I'll pick it up again. I'm kind of bored of my other classes/specs.

Welcome back, Krea. I enjoy your guides and vids.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

DzastinBiberi
03.03.2019 , 10:30 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Please check the videos in my post above yours, think you may find them interesting.

I think our force management was way better in classic SWTOR. Sadly, however, I don't think they could ever go back to that system. If they did we'd have far too much force regen.
That spec as a whole was much better in classic SWTOR than it is now.

Hatred sins need buff on their defence and force managment.