Veteran Flashpoints Bolster Too Low, Bosses Hp Too High

Veteran Flashpoints are mainly used by lowbies to level up to 70; the xp it gives during and the time it takes is generally faster than everything else. The CXP you gain from doing these is so little that it's not even worth doing on a max level character... making the odds to have one on your team small (and even if they are 70, they generally are low geared because of the fact there is no benefit for a 70 to be doing Vet FPS). The I don't really know exactly how high it bolsters to but on one of my lv 70 characters that is unaugmented has avg 228 rating w/99k hp (the same amount of hp on my lv 51 geared and augmented Powertech when bolstered in a Flashpoint); this bolster is very bad and makes you die easier+deal not that much damage. The boss' hp also need to be fixed... it is way too high and makes certain boss encounters take longer than some of the ones in SM OPs (and because of the bolster being low, your DPS isn't going to be enough to kill it quickly! For example: a boss on the Flashpoint Depths of Manaan has a boss named Ortuno and he has 2 MILLION hp, and it took about 10 minutes to kill him with a group that had 2 DPS 70s (hp was around 102k for both...), 1 level 67 healer, and I (lv 51 DPS PT). Another boss with lots of hp: Stivastin 3.52m hp at the end of that Flashpoint. This boss actually took 10x quicker to kill than Ortuno because it had a mechanic associated with it to do so... not just attack and run when the AOE comes. I hope this gets changed in the future :jawa_wink:

Wow, that's a wall of text there...

For the older flashpoints, Vet tuning is just fine. Even with the newer ones, I've even "tanked" Umbara with a lvl 16 Theron set to tank (the irony right there...). Maybe you just got a really bad group, it happens.

Manaan can be a pain in the arse because you might just have to *GASP* watch for mechanics. Yes, that second boss, even on Vet mode; standing in Bad is Bad if you have no tank. If you have 2x70's there and they have no clue, then ask if they are boosted. Chances are they are new to the game and we should be thankful that TLJ are bringing them here and shouldn't be raging about one bad FP. Explain the tactics, or point them to Dulfy.net instead of throwing a tantrum.

Seriously, though... they don't need nerfing. Sorry.

Edited by tuulem

Ive done some of them while leveling toons and I would say they are fine. Its again the issue with the people, but partially the fault of Devs too for making this system. On the other hand, I think they had no choice as the pops for FPS in the past was terrible due to a missing tank or healer. Now you have frequent pops but getting lvl 15s into Battle for Rishi etc can be a pain.

So the main issue is the newer flashpoints (beyond the initial lvl 50 ones) and when you get low lvl people, otherwise its all fine and balanced ok.

Done all class storyes so many times that, if I roll new toon, I do class story untill I get my ship and then I start to lvl through tactical`s. And have to say, there are some hard bosses for low lvl character, but nothing that people who have litle awarness can`t handle. If you have brains, you doing just fine. If you are idiot, or do not listen (well, idiot), or just trolling, no nerf can cure that. Fp are just fine. They nerfed enough already, do people want that it become cookieklicker?

Sorry but SOME of the trash and SOME of the bosses ARE overtuned RELATIVE to the player level, gear, roles, bolster, and skill found in random group finder groups.

Does that mean they are overtuned for a group of all 70 with all abilities, not really (though some are still on the high side with no healer - at least in my opinion and from parsing them at 65).

Any group of all 70s that can't complete these does have a L2P issue (though there may be deaths at some places given the amount of incoming damage if there are no healers).

Does that mean they are overtuned for a group with a dedicated healer or even a companion healer, not at all as they can all be done solo or with a friend and a companion set to heals.

The problem is the combination of incoming damage, some bosses HP pools, no heals, and lowbies (which given group finder's random nature - such a combination is possible).

Ending up the tank on some of these fights as a squishy sorc simply because you have high dps can make SOME of the fights highly annoying running from kolto to kolto on cooldown while using every DCD and self heal to stay alive - and no, surviving a mass of overtuned incoming damage by clicking a blue doodad over and over doesn't fill me with a sense of accomplishment.

I haven't parsed all the 70 versions, but I did parse the 65s and provided detailed feedback to Bioware were certain bosses did more damage per second than that which occured in a HM operation - which is absurd.

So IMO, SOME of the fights need a tuning pass to lower the incoming damage done to whoever has aggro (avoidable damage I'm ok with being high as it is a L2P issue, though some is pretty high - my issue is with unavoidable damage), lowbie bolster probably needs more DR (every group I get with lowbies, even good groups in older easier instances, has the lowbie hugging the floor at least several times during the run), and SOME of the bosses could probably stand to lose a few HP (even with good groups - some fights feel longer than they need be with a boss that feels like a giant damage sponge).

Edited by DawnAskham