Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vet's edge stacks in gods


Nee-Elder's Avatar


Nee-Elder
02.21.2020 , 10:13 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by BAKADESHI View Post
Just use a nightmare crystal if 0 VE stacks are too difficult. No one will know except you and your raid mates, that you were inadequate in clearing ops at the intended level.
I keep seeing posts like that ^ talking about the 'Nightmare Crystal' like it's such a bad thing or whatever , but i don't get it ... Why exactly? Is it just 1 of those in-game legit things that's nevertheless frowned upon? (sorta like Sage bubble being "globalled" ? )

Also, isn't it a major pain to craft? And also doesn't it not even last more than like 3 hours and is one-time use?

I'm just seriously confused by all the hate towards it, in multiple threads too.

p.s. No, i've never used 1 before cuz no i've never even cleared a NiM op before lol ( but it's def. something i'm hoping to accomplish, legitimately, once i finish the last few HM cheevos i have to finish first )
Never tell me the odds!

mrphstar's Avatar


mrphstar
02.21.2020 , 10:38 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Kinda deceptive to make up statistics just cause your argument doesn't hold up, the % of the player base leaving cause they are too good for hard mode but not interested in progressing through nightmare is without a doubt quite a small player base.
bigger than the percentage of players who asked for this change for sure. wanna denie that? greaz. so dont tell me about not holding arguments.

im not making up statistics to make my point valid, rather to explain it so even you can grap it, since you seem to have difficulties to see the down to the rest of the playerbase from your high ground.

to phrase it again: it seems preety clear that the players who actualy forced that change are a minority, a pretty loud one if they got heard without any open discussion.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
02.21.2020 , 10:39 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
I keep seeing posts like that ^ talking about the 'Nightmare Crystal' like it's such a bad thing or whatever , but i don't get it ... Why exactly? Is it just 1 of those in-game legit things that's nevertheless frowned upon? (sorta like Sage bubble being "globalled" ? )

Also, isn't it a major pain to craft? And also doesn't it not even last more than like 3 hours and is one-time use?

I'm just seriously confused by all the hate towards it, in multiple threads too.

p.s. No, i've never used 1 before cuz no i've never even cleared a NiM op before lol ( but it's def. something i'm hoping to accomplish, legitimately, once i finish the last few HM cheevos i have to finish first )
some people would consider it similar to a cheat code as it buffs your stats by ~20% and makes any dps/hps check a lot easier, nightmare operations are generally about executing mechanics and working as a team while also meeting the DPS and HPS requirements. Using Nightmare Crystals to bypass these mechanics, dps requirements or teamwork is kinda frowned upon generally within the nightmare community but as you say the cost to make one is quite large and as the other guy says, nobody really knows if your group used crystals or not to clear encounters.

I know many groups that aren't that serious about nightmare raiding use them cause they want the titles/items/mounts/achievements that come from Nightmare operations (in particular the Wings from Dread Master Brontes and the Crest from Hateful comes to mind) but might not want to spend time/energy to learn how to execute the mechanics, get good at teamwork or work on rotations to increase dps/hps. Some of those groups use them and tbh I don't think anyone really cares if they do or don't.

Part of the animosity I think regarding crystals comes from players who cleared content with them and then lies when they apply to other raid teams/pug groups doing Nightmare content saying that they killed those bosses without using crystals, then when they are put into raids with those raid groups and perform far below the required level it makes players annoyed.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Nee-Elder's Avatar


Nee-Elder
02.21.2020 , 10:51 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post

Part of the animosity I think regarding crystals comes from players who cleared content with them and then lies when they apply to other raid teams/pug groups doing Nightmare content saying that they killed those bosses without using crystals, then when they are put into raids with those raid groups and perform far below the required level it makes players annoyed.
ahhhh okay , that sorta makes a bit more sense then yeah i can understand that

hmm.... Simple solution, if any Devs are reading, ---> Add a new achievement: 'Completed ______ operation on Nightmare Mode without using Ilum buff crystal'
Never tell me the odds!

SoontirMorillo's Avatar


SoontirMorillo
02.23.2020 , 05:00 PM | #95
It is official...Tulak Hord lost all raid teams, that were capable to do sale runs.

Tonight Better now was not able to sell Brontes Wings. They had to abort the run. Nahigo said "we are better off doing crafting to earn credits". After that, he started WoW.

funfish's Avatar


funfish
02.23.2020 , 06:02 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
It is official...Tulak Hord lost all raid teams, that were capable to do sale runs.

Tonight Better now was not able to sell Brontes Wings. They had to abort the run. Nahigo said "we are better off doing crafting to earn credits". After that, he started WoW.
What a dumb posting.
First of all we fulfilled the wishes of 4/5 of our customers today. The last customer was the brontes buyer and yes: sale runs are very hard now but if you have listened to Nahigo carefully then you would have heard that he said "it is still makeable" - and yes: it is still makeable.
"We are better off doing crafting to earn credits" was meant as a joke and even I laughed about it and continued with "nah, let's do some heroic credit farm runs". We cancelled the last run because it's sunday and most of us have to get up early. (It was around 22:30 pm)
If you watched Nahigo's streams more often, you'd realize that we never do sales or mainraids beyond 22 pm. I don't get why people are so hysteric about it - relax, we just had too many customers for one day without raiding beyond 22 pm according to the difficulty of the content atm. That's it.
Amo'sh - La'frayeur / Mílan - Better Now

SoontirMorillo's Avatar


SoontirMorillo
02.23.2020 , 06:43 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by funfish View Post
What a dumb posting.
First of all we fulfilled the wishes of 4/5 of our customers today. The last customer was the brontes buyer and yes: sale runs are very hard now but if you have listened to Nahigo carefully then you would have heard that he said "it is still makeable" - and yes it is still makeable.
"We are better off doing crafting to earn credits" was meant as a joke and even I laughed about it and continued with "nah, let's do some heroic credit farm runs". We cancelled the last run because it's sunday and most of us have to get up early. (It was around 22:30 pm)
If you watched Nahigo's streams more often, you'd realize that we never do sales or mainraids beyond 22 pm. I don't get why people are so hysteric about it - relax, we just had too many customers for one day without raiding beyond 22 pm according to the difficulty of the content atm. That's it.
Okay...when you say it like that...it all makes perfect sense. But I'm on the Internet..i prefer to think, that we all are doomed. Sooooo...some NA guilds selling Brontes Wings?

SoontirMorillo's Avatar


SoontirMorillo
02.24.2020 , 02:53 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by funfish View Post
What a dumb posting.
First of all we fulfilled the wishes of 4/5 of our customers today. The last customer was the brontes buyer and yes: sale runs are very hard now but if you have listened to Nahigo carefully then you would have heard that he said "it is still makeable" - and yes: it is still makeable.
"We are better off doing crafting to earn credits" was meant as a joke and even I laughed about it and continued with "nah, let's do some heroic credit farm runs". We cancelled the last run because it's sunday and most of us have to get up early. (It was around 22:30 pm)
If you watched Nahigo's streams more often, you'd realize that we never do sales or mainraids beyond 22 pm. I don't get why people are so hysteric about it - relax, we just had too many customers for one day without raiding beyond 22 pm according to the difficulty of the content atm. That's it.
Yesterday was fun and all...a little bit of mocking. But today...no customer...no raiding beyond 22 pm...three hours of raiding...no boss kill. No Tyth, no Brontes. Raiding on Tulak is dead.

funfish's Avatar


funfish
02.26.2020 , 12:54 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
Yesterday was fun and all...a little bit of mocking. But today...no customer...no raiding beyond 22 pm...three hours of raiding...no boss kill. No Tyth, no Brontes. Raiding on Tulak is dead.
Random raids on tulak are dead. But we have no internal problems. On monday we had a new trial with 0% gods achievements - he basically never saw this operation before and didn't even play too bad for that. The reason why we didn't kill Tyth on monday was because we didn't play good as a group in general on that day.
I'm wondering why you complain instantly about such issues. The latest removal of veteran edge stacks in old nims has nothing to do with gods from the machine.
On tuesday (one day later) Better Now killed Tyth and A&E again in approximately 45 minutes, before our "Schielauge-Tank" ragequitted and brought the raid after not even an hour to an end.

Furthermore I organized a second brontes nim run today (Nahigo streamed the whole run) and we did a brontes one shot and also a gatecrasher even with some pauses within the run. We also did an extra kill pic for you. https://ibb.co/Y3j9Mz5

Brontes kill video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4y0jFLiZA

And my final opinion on this whole topic is: you don't need veteran edge stacks and I like the difficulty of nim raids exactly how it is now.
The only issue I don't like is that there are still mastery endurance and ap caps in all old raids, because they aren't scaled to 75, which forces me to use crit adrenal and weird relics. I can't even determine my life pool with different gear on my tank.

All in all: random raids on tulak are dead and probably some middle skilled raid groups aswell, but not raid groups in general.
Amo'sh - La'frayeur / Mílan - Better Now