Ancient Hypergate Bugged

This was reported as a bug in the bugs section of the forums a LONG LONG time ago. Still not fixed. :( It showed up after a very specific patch. I can't remember which one now though - but it was pretty obvious that "oh, something you did in THAT patch broke it".

At least the one I'm thinking of manifests mostly (if not always) when the orb you are carrying would result in an insta-win, taking you over 600 actual earned points. It's very frustrating, to say the least, when that would give your team a come-from-behind win. :mad:

Or are you seeing a more general one now? I've never seen it happen "mid game".

Not that anybody bothers to collect them... “cause kills only or leave the match”

I love Total Domination and crazy killing, but i also like to actually get orbs in this kind of match, or we mine as well as just have good ol' Open world pvp like we used to all the time.:cool:

I was there yesterday and the cubes were working fine. I could click them, get the sparkly orbs and run to the gate with points scored immediatly. It even ended one of the games. I dunno what bug you encountered, but the warzone itself doesn't seem to not be working properly. Edited by Nemmar

We are having a Lot of Pvp problems with De-sync, and other server problems. I remember the Devs talking about only being able to Up-grade one piece of Hardware/software at a time. The problem with that, as i working on some servers and Computers, is that if you can't upgrade every thing that is needed at the same time, the problems can get a lot worse because some Hardware and software do not work well with the old ones that are still in the servers, etc.

Some matches my abilities won't fire til' it's to late with lag, and other issues, which this past weekend i finally had to quit a couple matches because Pvp just was not playable.

Edited by MandFlurry

We are having a Lot of Pvp problems with De-sync, and other server problems. I remember the Devs talking about only being able to Up-grade one piece of Hardware/software at a time. The problem with that, as i working on some servers and Computers, is that if you can't upgrade every thing that is needed at the same time, the problems can get a lot worse because some Hardware and software do not work well with the old ones that are still in the servers, etc.

Some matches my abilities won't fire til' it's to late with lag, and other issues, which this past weekend i finally had to quit a couple matches because Pvp just was not playable.

Not the topic of this thread, but yes, desync is bad. It happened many times on my powertech that the charge went on cooldown and failed to activate. On my jugg often a charge only goes half way the distance to the target.

Not to mention things like mercs disappearing with their retreat move, sorcs and assassins being in undetermined positions when they force speed or operatives flickering all over the screen being untargeted and showing up far away when they roll.

This is why i keep hammering that we need performance improvements and could pass by a 64bit client, since windows 32bit support is ending next year.

edit: oh and i have 30ms, in case someone thought it was my connection.

Edited by Nemmar

I think, i should have added, to be On-Topic, is that for the Hypergate matches i saw, i think it happened with me, because in 1 match i remember i had orbs, but it wasn't counted when i got to pylon. What i don't remember in exact, is whether that was just before the pylon was set to blow, or whether it might have been near the end of the match.

I do remember seeing a couple people saying, wth??. Why didn't my orbs get counted??. I think it is probably a server issue, most likely, with the software and hardware.

I love Total Domination and crazy killing, but i also like to actually get orbs in this kind of match, or we mine as well as just have good ol' Open world pvp like we used to all the time.:cool:

Have you ever been told to leave a match cause you were getting orbs or playing objectives.... I have :(

I get this too. I’ve an awesome PC setup and I don’t use old tech in my PCs when I upgrade.

My Windows is also purely optimised for swtor and runs like a racing car on the edge.

I’ve fibre to my house and fibre in the walls. 100/40 speeds internet.

My biggest hurdle is my distance, but if I can get my ping stable, with no packet loss, I don’t see the dysnc much or have activation issues (in most maps) unless it’s the servers themselves.

I also have WTFast setup to maintain a constant, stable connection with no packet loss or spikes. It’s usually as smooth as a baby’s backside.

There are of course certain players I encounter that seem to create desync/lag all on their own. They are usually the only ones in the match that are doing it. They become untargetable, unhitable or take half the amount of damage as everyone else around them. Usually I’m not the only one in a match who sees them doing this. There can be people from the US, EU or APAC seeing the one person doing the same thing.

The other thing is certain maps cause way more desync than others, All Hutt Ball maps, but especially Vandin and Quesh, have the worst desync in the whole game. Sometimes it’s completely unplayable and other times they are just barley playable. IMO, they really should be removed from the queue till they can be optimised properly.

I agree, but i don't think it would solve the problem cause it's a bigger problem than the maps. I imagine it's something about how the game receives information on player position and how it updates it and sends it back or not.

Closing the maps would just hide the issue at it's worse, but it still happens in the vanilla huttball map everytime someone rolls or force speeds from the top floor through the fire to the finish line (honestly, even just force pushing is a problem cause you have to estimate the lag time. Many times it happened that someone goes flying in the opposite direction). They disappear when they jump off flicker all over and become immune to everything only to pop up almost at the goal line. I know roll is a defensive too, but these bugs are offering outright invincibility.

It needs to be fixed in the root. I know it can't be an easy fix. It's gonna take a long time. I still say 64bit would do wonders for the performance and hopefully help with this.I know it can be fixed cause none of this happens in wow pvp. You can drop or speed boost out of a top floor without the player spazzing all over the place. It's a code problem.

Edited by Nemmar

Have you ever been told to leave a match cause you were getting orbs or playing objectives.... I have :(

Yes, I have too. For guarding our node of all things. 3 solo kills, including an operative, we win the match and not so much as an mvp.

Yes, I have too. For guarding our node of all things. 3 solo kills, including an operative, we win the match and not so much as an mvp.

Definitely this ^^ in at least one match per session

Carry the win, get no gratitude and only derision from number hounds. I’m sure they never look to see how many solo kills you did compare to them

Off-topic from the thread, but there is no reason to play the objectives in this warzone outside of node guarding. As you gain points from killing and all of the fighting happens where the orbs are, there is never a reason to run orbs. If you're killing the other team to the point that you have time to collect orbs then you are already winning the game and they provide so few points that the game won't even end much, if any, faster. If anything, running orbs is leaving your team shorthanded for when enemies show up again.

If they want objectives to matter in this warzone, then they need to spread out the locations of the orbs to create smaller scale fights and make the orbs worth obtaining. As it is now, you either try to cap both nodes or hold one and outkill the opponent.