Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hatred / Serenity Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hatred / Serenity Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpleneticGamer
04.20.2019 , 11:17 AM | #11
Edited to be easier to read and to clarify on some points I feel I didn't explain as well as I could have, and to add a potential set bonus as well as some new Tactical Item ideas.

Something to give Hatred/Serenity 30m range back on the DoTs and Deathfield/FiB (you could also just return the range back to us and it would make us all very happy).

Something to make it so that the level 56 passive, Inevitable Demise/Aching Mind, works at pre-execute phase, as well as in execute (meaning it's up for 100% of the fight duration), at reduced damage boost - say 15% give or take whatever % is needed to keep it in line with the other melee sustained specs - so the spec can feel like a real pressure/sustained spec and not have its full DPS potential locked for 70% of a single target encounter like it is currently (I would be OK if the passive was reworked so it works like how I just described).

Something to make it so all 3 DoTs are spread with Lacerate/Whirling Blow.

Something to make it so all damage dealt heals you for X% which could either be static across the board or vary depending on the ability.

Something to boost the current self healing on our DoTs and abilties by X% (lets say 50% additional heals on DoTs and Deathfield/FiB while only increasing Leeching Strike/ Serenity Strike by 20% or so)

Something to make it so you don't self heal and instead do increased damage on the abilities that currently self heal.

Something so that a Crit on Assassinate/Leeching Strike will grant you 1 stack of Recklessness/Force Potency

Something to make it so Deathfield/FiB is no longer an AoE ability, but a single target ability that does increased damage or has increased Crit chance (possibly 100% because why not) to compensate.

Something to make Deathfield/FiB hit double the targets while dealing reduced damage to compensate, and to increase the size of the AoE to 8m again.

Something to make it so applying your DoTs or using some other ability or two costs no Force or restores X amount of Force.

Increase all DoT Damage by X% (something crazy like 100%, but lowers all other damage by Y%).

Spinning Strike/Assassinate or Serenity/Leeching Strike has no cooldown when hitting a target affected by your Squelch/Eradicate (Makes it so Spinning Strike/Assassinate is usable on a target regardless of their current health. Serenity/Leeching Strike is probably the better choice here since it would seem kinda redundant with the level 48 passive the spec currently has. Serenity/Leeching Strike with no GCD would also massively help you survive in PvP).

30% DR while stunned (desperately needed)

Something to double the duration of Force Shroud/Resilience.

Something to make Deflection either absorb X% of Force and Tech damage while active or to increase the melee and ranged defense chance by X% (let's say 25% for the sake of this).

Something to make Mass Mind Control have increased damage reduction by X% and last Y seconds longer or to make it so it affects everybody in your Group/Operation as well. Possibly even a combination of these as well.

2pc set bonus: Leeching/Serenity Strike is now a 10m attack and gives one stack of Reklessness when it crits. (Would give us more of the semi-ranged feel we had until the range nerfs happened)
4pc set bonus: Thrash/Double Strike makes you next Assassinate/Spinning Strike a critical hit. Can only occur once every X (let's use 60 since that's what it is currently). (Personally not a fan of this, but i know some people won't want it to go).
4pc set bonus: All DoTs that consume a stack of Death Mark/Force Suppression do X% (let's say 100%) additional damage
6pc set bonus: Every time Deathfiled/FiB and/or Discharge/Force Breach critically hit a target, it deals an additional 50% damage. (would likely need to be one or the other for balance purposes, but both sure would be awesome)

LD_Little_Dragon
04.20.2019 , 12:55 PM | #12
Give dot spread to deathfield, lacerate as dot-spreader just feels clunky to me.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Kraysk
04.21.2019 , 12:42 AM | #13
1. Increases the radius of lacerate by 2 meters, lacerate now makes targets bleed for 5-7 seconds.

2. Increases the range of death field to 35 meters and it's radius to 10 meters affecting up to 10 targets.

invertioN
04.22.2019 , 09:39 AM | #14
Using Phantom Stride gives you 1 charge that increases the range of your next phantom stride to 60 m.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Solarmind
04.23.2019 , 12:05 AM | #15
1) Death field stays on the ground for x sec. dealing damage and spreading DoTs for everyone enter it's area of effect.

2) Phantom Stride works as Force Charge. (Or, at least, has a smaller cooldown).

3) Force Speed lasts twice as long.

4) Phase Walk is baaaack !

Werronious
04.23.2019 , 02:17 PM | #16
*Make double strike new animation , its bad tank and serenity/hatred have same animation attack.

Rion_Starkiller
04.23.2019 , 02:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Give dot spread to deathfield, lacerate as dot-spreader just feels clunky to me.
Agree! Whirling Blow is for Infiltration/Deception where they get nice bonuses to the ability. DoT spread should never have been removed from Deathfield. Make it centered on self, like Bushwhack/Toxic Haze, Vigilant Thrust/Vengeful Slam. Tweak the radius. This spec should be controlling all the maras and guardians running around.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

SpleneticGamer
04.24.2019 , 02:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Agree! Whirling Blow is for Infiltration/Deception where they get nice bonuses to the ability. DoT spread should never have been removed from Deathfield. Make it centered on self, like Bushwhack/Toxic Haze, Vigilant Thrust/Vengeful Slam. Tweak the radius. This spec should be controlling all the maras and guardians running around.
I diagree honestly. Whirling Blow is better since it has only a 1 GCD cooldown allowing for you to spread more than Deathfield. I do prefer it on Deatfield, but it would be a massive AoE loss which is not worth it in my opinion.

Chiltonium
04.25.2019 , 08:46 PM | #19
I'd like to see something that makes death field also leave a force storm in it's wake for hatred assassins, like the one you get when you play as Valkorian, the 2 ability. Attatch that to it. We have no frickin lightning other than our discharge. Shock, force lightning, it was all taken away. Maul was taken.

I'd like to see that, death field leave a force storm. AS WELL as a new ability that does something with lightning. I'd also settle for an awesome saber attack, cause I think we're the only lightsaber class with 0 awe inspiring lightsaber moves. Even deception got a cool flippy one. We still just thrash. Replace thrash.
Leathality Operative and Hatred (Madness) Assassin for 5 years running.

My referral link for those who'd like some free sub time!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mlytxl

invertioN
04.26.2019 , 03:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
I'd also settle for an awesome saber attack, cause I think we're the only lightsaber class with 0 awe inspiring lightsaber moves. Even deception got a cool flippy one. We still just thrash. Replace thrash.
I like this idea. Maybe introduce a new ability that requires you to use thrash first (just make some synergy between the new ability and thrash).

Another thing that would be nice is if Hatred gets better force management and there are infinite ways to do it.

Another idea: Give Hatred an offensive cooldown which when activated lets you have access to ALL execute (sub 30%) bonuses, that is damage bonuses and using Assassinate. Probably lasts for 15 second but I would like 18, and has a cooldown of 2 minutes. The idea is to have better burst for places where it's required.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU