The Future Of PVE Content In SWTOR

Good morning all! I do not post in here very often but I wanted to about something that has been bothering me lately with the upcoming KOTFE expansion. To give a little background I've been playing this game on and off since launch. I really enjoy Bioware and Star Wars. I want this game to be the best it can be and I'm super excited for KOTFE story wise.. But my concern is with PVE content.

I really hope that with them focusing entirely on story that they Don't forget this is still an mmo and give us new PVE content also. I and a lot of people feel that this expansion seems to be streamlining everything and attempting to turn into a RPG with some MMO stuff thrown in. I really hope for the future of this game that isn't the case.

Hopefully we can get a Bioware employee to see this and comment. I don't want them to spoil anything but just give us a nod that PVE is still a very important part of the game for them and they intend to keep supporting it into the future.

-Thank you everyone and let me know what you think. Do you think new PVE content is important to the future of the game?

Kel

Good morning all! I do not post in here very often but I wanted to about something that has been bothering me lately with the upcoming KOTFE expansion. To give a little background I've been playing this game on and off since launch. I really enjoy Bioware and Star Wars. I want this game to be the best it can be and I'm super excited for KOTFE story wise.. But my concern is with PVE content.

I really hope that with them focusing entirely on story that they Don't forget this is still an mmo and give us new PVE content also. I and a lot of people feel that this expansion seems to be streamlining everything and attempting to turn into a RPG with some MMO stuff thrown in. I really hope for the future of this game that isn't the case.

Hopefully we can get a Bioware employee to see this and comment. I don't want them to spoil anything but just give us a nod that PVE is still a very important part of the game for them and they intend to keep supporting it into the future.

-Thank you everyone and let me know what you think. Do you think new PVE content is important to the future of the game?

Kel

It's definitely important. We will get new operations at some point, just not directly at launch of the expac.

im guessing a new op will launch May 2016 earliest. Until then, have fun recycling through old ops.

I hope you know that even though they are recycled ops, they are still scaled up to 65....which means they will be a challenge, but hey, we all know that most ops guilds tend to just want easy wins, since why they expect everyone to know the tactics before you even do them and to be pretty much overgeared to do it.

I suggest to make things more challenging and fun, don't read up on tactics and don't overgear yourself just to make it easy......and people wonder why they rush through things so fast and then ***** about it being too easy.....lol

Edited by JamieKirby

I hope you know that even though they are recycled ops, they are still scaled up to 65....which means they will be a challenge, but hey, we all know that most ops guilds tend to just want easy wins, since why they expect everyone to know the tactics before you even do them and to be pretty much overgeared to do it.

I suggest to make things more challenging and fun, don't read up on tactics and don't overgear yourself just to make it easy......and people wonder why they rush through things so fast and then ***** about it being too easy.....lol

Actually, the gripe most raiders have is that they have done the ops so many times already, that they want something new. Some of them also did these older raids at tier. There is no need for us to "read up on tactics" or "overgear" because we ALREADY KNOW the tactics and having completed it at tier, won't need to OVERGEAR.

But hey, thanks for lumping us all in with "ops guilds (who) just want easy wins". :rak_03:

Actually, the gripe most raiders have is that they have done the ops so many times already, that they want something new. Some of them also did these older raids at tier. There is no need for us to "read up on tactics" or "overgear" because we ALREADY KNOW the tactics and having completed it at tier, won't need to OVERGEAR.

But hey, thanks for lumping us all in with "ops guilds (who) just want easy wins". :rak_03:

SoA doesnt care about how pro you are! Glitches and bugs is where he draws his true strength!

Your tactics wont help you! Not when you cant see the platforms! Or the pyramid never spawns! Muhahahaha! What- you said the pyramid hit him on your screen? Too bad! SoA believes it didnt hit him- so his shield stays! Muahahaha!

Thats true difficulty! Muhahahaha!

Wait, what did i just say?

They're not going to be a challenge because we've already memorized them. I only started playing again back in March after quitting in April 2012 and I already can do all the NIM ops in my sleep.

Bio-ware probably believes that we don't deserve new operations (or at the least it's lower on their priority list) when the majority of people probably struggle with the current ones (mainly Underlurker), and most of the operations right now are filled with people who are vastly over geared, strutting around like they're putting up impressive numbers. Wait till the old operations get "buffed", watch the complaints from people whining about mechanics and content being too difficult when you're not 5-10 levels above it, and who knows how many gear levels above it face-rolling content.

EC, even SM will most likely be a ghost town. ToS will still be thee cause of many a lockouts at UL. I've been in pug groups that have hit enrage on multiple bosses in SnV SM at level 60, countless Underlurker wipes, multiple bosses in Rav, etc.

Instead of new operations Bio-ware should design a better tutorial teaching people how to play their classes better, or balance the game. Using so many resources for another operation that will be beaten within a day and cause the same people to demand another and another, is a waste of time.

im guessing a new op will launch May 2016 earliest. Until then, have fun recycling through old ops.

Nahh expect an entire year if that happens, they are not gonna release a new tier of gear in May just for operations...

TOS still suits their purposes even on SM.

Operations don't appear to be a priority anymore for them that's obvious, SOLO mode is winning on this game sadly.

Edited by psikofunkster

Well, the only thing I hope for is that they don't decide one day to remove all PvE one day and make the game exclusively PvP.

considering the lack of pvp updates for this game, i doubt that. But you can expect more solo content to be updated and lots and lots moar interstellar barbie outfits from new packs, as well as new furniture to go with your strongholds so everyone can host a tea party.

considering the lack of pvp updates for this game, i doubt that. But you can expect more solo content to be updated and lots and lots moar interstellar barbie outfits from new packs, as well as new furniture to go with your strongholds so everyone can host a tea party.

Good, I'm looking for a nice Imperial Trooper outfit for my Sniper. If that already exists, can you point me to one? Tanks in advance.