Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

Unrelated question to those of you that killed Revan: How good or bad is 3.2k dps there?

Honestly, the overall DPS doesn't matter that much compared to the core damage total. If you're at 3.2k the whole fight, that is pretty solid though. But if your core damage was less than 400-450k, you need to pick it up for that phase.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a few videos from older pulls pre 204 mainhand if you want raid videos.

Torque:

Lurker:

On Torque you can actually charge him as he's destroying the console, and Unstoppable will keep you from getting knocked back, its pretty nice. It also actually lets you run at normal speed for a few seconds when charging the adds in Underlurker, although your group has it set so you can basically always tunnel the 1 add so its not really needed.

Honestly, the overall DPS doesn't matter that much compared to the core damage total. If you're at 3.2k the whole fight, that is pretty solid though. But if your core damage was less than 400-450k, you need to pick it up for that phase.

Was just asking cause I really have no idea how much is possible as a guardian dps on that fight, I normally tank ;)

Core damage was ~500k as last man standing. Hit enrage cause we played the complete second floor phase with only 3 dps.

Finally came around to upload the

. Anybody feel free to use it for whatever if you like(guides or for "how not to play guardian" :D).

Feedback on what I do wrong would be much appreciated. Or maybe point out where I'm doing something right, might be less work :D:o

Edited by Torvai

Core phase was only 350k, but we had 2 vanguards AND an IO merc and literally the core got incinerated, we didnt see too many aberrations cycles, I think the fight ended at about 67 stacks? We had all 4 dps up until like the final moment where after core died I ****ed up an aberration and flew off an edge :p

I'm pretty sure I could squeeze out another 50k just from not being as cautious during mechanics, and speccing into the right utilities, and actually using reflect on the heave during the core burn.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Core phase was only 350k, but we had 2 vanguards AND an IO merc and literally the core got incinerated, we didnt see too many aberrations cycles, I think the fight ended at about 67 stacks? We had all 4 dps up until like the final moment where after core died I ****ed up an aberration and flew off an edge :p

I'm pretty sure I could squeeze out another 50k just from not being as cautious during mechanics, and speccing into the right utilities, and actually using reflect on the heave during the core burn.

You probably know this already, but Revan is targetable during the Core phase (its considered a different target from the one at the start of floor 3 so you have to retarget and focus target him after the Core comes down if you want to have him focused), makes it very easy to see when Aberrations are being spawned and Heave is being cast.

You probably know this already, but Revan is targetable during the Core phase (its considered a different target from the one at the start of floor 3 so you have to retarget and focus target him after the Core comes down if you want to have him focused), makes it very easy to see when Aberrations are being spawned and Heave is being cast.

Starparse timers are a lot better for that imho

You probably know already, but whatever: While looking at the abberations, you can savely use Smash and Cyclone to dish out at least a bit of dps during it. But 67 stacks is quite good afaik(we normally end at ~75-80).

I'd suggest taking trailblazer and narrowed focus.

If you have 2 vang, so a rebounder for every heave, spec into daunting presence and reflect overcharge saber on the first 2 floors.

Oh and reflecting heave doesn't do anything for your core damage, because it's reflected back to Revan and he's immune to damage during that phase ;)

You probably know already, but whatever: While looking at the abberations, you can savely use Smash and Cyclone to dish out at least a bit of dps during it. But 67 stacks is quite good afaik(we normally end at ~75-80).

I'd suggest taking trailblazer and narrowed focus.

If you have 2 vang, so a rebounder for every heave, spec into daunting presence and reflect overcharge saber on the first 2 floors.

Oh and reflecting heave doesn't do anything for your core damage, because it's reflected back to Revan and he's immune to damage during that phase ;)

yeah our group dps as a whole was just really quick cause we had two vanguards. Our IO merc only needed to do like 450k

Congrats on Revanchist guys :D As for DPS on the core phase, always better to be safe than sorry. Don't want to wipe your group because you wanted to squeeze in one more GCD while an aberration was exploding. Probably the best way to maximize DPS is to position yourself so that the core is directly between you and the next aberration exploding.

Congrats on Revanchist guys :D As for DPS on the core phase, always better to be safe than sorry. Don't want to wipe your group because you wanted to squeeze in one more GCD while an aberration was exploding. Probably the best way to maximize DPS is to position yourself so that the core is directly between you and the next aberration exploding.

Oh I agree, I even wanted to try out the aberration thing but didn't want to stress healers by stepping outside of thingies.

I'm a Guardian Vig that's DPSing 4K on the dummies and I'm stuck. I can't seem to get higher than that and I have a 192 6-piece (Head is 198 set bonus) with 198 in every other slot.

Here's my latest Parsley log: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62096

I'm running an Alacrity spec to help with my APM. I know my APM is low and I can't figure out how to get it higher. I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or what.

Surge: 360

Crit: 350

Alacrity: 796

Accurary: 100.05%

Any

I'm a Guardian Vig that's DPSing 4K on the dummies and I'm stuck. I can't seem to get higher than that and I have a 192 6-piece (Head is 198 set bonus) with 198 in every other slot.

Here's my latest Parsley log: http://parsely.io/parser/view/62096

I'm running an Alacrity spec to help with my APM. I know my APM is low and I can't figure out how to get it higher. I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or what.

Surge: 360

Crit: 350

Alacrity: 796

Accurary: 100.05%

Any

FIRST OF ALL:

Dump all of that alacrity. All of it. It's useless if your apm isn't up to snuff. Your APM for that parse is too low even with 0 alacrity. It's horrible, dump it all.

You delayed your overhead slash by FIFTEEN SECONDS one time,

Your average time for overhead slash was 11 seconds, with 796 alacrity your cooldown on it is 8.4 seconds. your average time on blade storm is 10 seconds+, still a full 1.5 seconds delayed on AVERAGE.

TL:DR you need to be faster, a ton faster.

Copy this. http://www.twitch.tv/rydarus/v/12856552

FIRST OF ALL:

Dump all of that alacrity. All of it. It's useless if your apm isn't up to snuff. Your APM for that parse is too low even with 0 alacrity. It's horrible, dump it all.

You delayed your overhead slash by FIFTEEN SECONDS one time,

Your average time for overhead slash was 11 seconds, with 796 alacrity your cooldown on it is 8.4 seconds. your average time on blade storm is 10 seconds+, still a full 1.5 seconds delayed on AVERAGE.

TL:DR you need to be faster, a ton faster.

Copy this. http://www.twitch.tv/rydarus/v/12856552

The Twitch is helpful.

The APM was at 36, which is still low, and I'm trying to figure out if it's my rotation is wrong or my clicking or lag (i average 80 ms). I'm using a wired 12-button Naga and spamming like crazy during the GCD.

I actually parse higher with alacrity than power augments. I get about 200 dps higher.

Can you put your parse in Parsley and link it to this post? I want to compare the logs to find the errors on my end.

The Twitch is helpful.

The APM was at 36, which is still low, and I'm trying to figure out if it's my rotation is wrong or my clicking or lag (i average 80 ms). I'm using a wired 12-button Naga and spamming like crazy during the GCD.

I actually parse higher with alacrity than power augments. I get about 200 dps higher.

Can you put your parse in Parsley and link it to this post? I want to compare the logs to find the errors on my end.

I average 80-120.

I'll see if I can find that parse.

Congrats! All I need is Revan 8&16 and I'll have cleared everything as well

[Edit] saw Revan for the first time in 6 months just last night, even with getting every single damn debuff i was still top dps first floor, with 2 pt's and a merc in :D

Edited by MBloomberg

• 2 weeks later...