SP Space

MK-ULTRA

Is there a sub-forum about single player space content? I looked in the forum list and the updated stickie for returning 2019 players but saw nothing. I really like these missions and have a few questions. Please no spoils.

1. Have they ever updated or expanded this part of the game since launch?

2. Any plans to add more content?

3. I'm only level 30 so I've done any and all space missions multiple times now. Do the missions ever get better and in a more vast quantity? Am I wasting my time grinding this?

4. I've only found low level equipment in the starship vendor. Where I find the good stuff for my ship?

5. If there is a mega thread on single player space then please link it.

:rak_03:

Executive Summary (Business-speak for "TL;DR"):

It's dead content.(1)

1. Have they ever updated or expanded this part of the game since launch?

Not sure about "since launch", but there certainly haven't been any substantive changes (bug fixes are not, in this sense, substantive) since I started in 2013.

2. Any plans to add more content?

Given the above, no, probably not.

3. I'm only level 30 so I've done any and all space missions multiple times now. Do the missions ever get better and in a more vast quantity? Am I wasting my time grinding this?

They give XP (although not huge quantities) and credits (although not huge quantities) and some sort of vendor currency (if memory serves, although not huge quantities) and occasionally ship parts. The ship part vendors sell grades 1, 3, 5, and there are some theoretical ways to get grade 7 purple, but that's it.

The later missions are just "harder" ( = enemies take more damage to kill and are better at killing you) versions of the earlier missions.

4. I've only found low level equipment in the starship vendor. Where I find the good stuff for my ship?

There are Cybertech schematics for some stuff, although the highest "grade" is 7, as noted above, which would correspond to level 50 characters. (Did I mention that it hasn't been significantly upgraded since before 2.0 came out?)

5. If there is a mega thread on single player space then please link it.

None that I know of.

(1) All MMORPGs have some of this, things that were created early on and then abandoned and never removed, and the railshooter space missions are just one of SWTOR's dead content sections. (The legacy Family Tree thing springs to mind as another.)

If it's something you enjoy OP, then by all means.... keep at it. You can find higher grade parts for your ship on the GTN. Just search for "spaceship upgrade" in the category tab.

Is your sig quote from the new game Jedi Fallen Order? He says something similar in the trailer. Game is going to be goty I can "feel" it.

Steve alluded to it, but the "Heroic" space missions were added sometime between 1.0 and 2.0, I think around the time that Relics of Gree first came and reputations were introduced. That's the only "update" the space missions have ever received except for some bug fixes.

On rails or as you said "single player" space missions are actually a pretty good source of Experience for leveling, I use it sometimes on leveling characters. Often the bonus objectives are the good source of XP if the mission is low level.

For ship upgrades, you may be able to find a Cybertech crafter on your server who can make the grade 6 parts. There is one grade 6 part that cannot be crafted but is a reward for one of the higher level missions.

Grade 7 components were introduced as cartel market items right around the time of the heroic mission introduction. You don't need grade 7 components except for those heroics. They aren't sold on the cartel market anymore, so the only way to get them is to get them from the other ship component vendor in the same section of the fleet as the original one. They are standing a few meters away. Some grade 7 components are also craftable by Cybertechs. Most are bought with fleet commendations.

If you want a guide to the heroic space missions, go to Dulfy's guides here.

If you are on the Satele Shan server, send an email to Andrachenko and I'll craft you the grade 7 parts that are craftable and grade 6 for the rest.

Steve alluded to it, but the "Heroic" space missions were added sometime between 1.0 and 2.0, I think around the time that Relics of Gree first came and reputations were introduced. That's the only "update" the space missions have ever received except for some bug fixes.

That would have been before I started, I guess. I started a few weeks before 2.0 dropped.