Dark side REY!!!!

TonyTricicolo

I read a theory that Palpatine targeted extremely strong force sensitive individuals to be potential vessels for his goal to live forever. He force impregnated Schmi to give birth to Anakin so he could be one of those vessels. After Anakin betrayed him he had to resort to another host. Likely Rey may have been a target. Palpatine is currently in limbo waiting. I think the trailer shows a partial transference of him taking over Rey's body. Rey inevitably turns to the dark side and Kylo back to the light. Kylo kills Rey, takes on the name of Skywalker, and movie ends. Edited by TonyTricicolo

I read a theory that Palpatine targeted extremely strong force sensitive individuals to be potential vessels for his goal to live forever. He force impregnated Schmi to give birth to Anakin so he could be one of those vessels. After Anakin betrayed him he had to resort to another host. Likely Rey may have been a target. Palpatine is currently in limbo waiting. I think the trailer shows a partial transference of him taking over Rey's body. Rey inevitably turns to the dark side and Kylo back to the light. Kylo kills Rey, takes on the name of Skywalker, and movie ends.

Like Valkorian/Emperor in the Zakuul story? Taking other vessels to Hollow out and carry himself? I really doubt Disney would Copy an Overall Movie Direction from a Game; It IS Plausible but still a Niche kinda theme. Somehow Sidious *Force.. ed another conception on Rey's mother like Schmi only this time, He is only an entity, even more awkward now (Lucas said Only LS characters get ghosts). An *Interesting Idea though. If Rey dies as a Sith the fans would burn down Disney.

Are we sure that's her? It kind of looks like her but doesn't. Could it be a clone?

Also, I read a theory on reddit that Rey is a Shan... and to be fair, she does have a resemblance to Satele and Bastila.

Very Interesting and there was that trinket before so many said not only Points to but opens Revans story into current Star Wars. Revan did flip sides more then once but that line went into obscurity thousands of years earlier and considering how Disney dropped the "My Canon Hammer" I would think it unlikely to reverse and pick that up now (Unless it opens a path to a TOR movie later on). I read from more then one from Disney Reys Parentage has been right in front of us all along we just haven't yet had all the pieces to put it together. Revan, The Shans are quite far from that. Still.. Very interesting idea.

There's lots of similarities between Palpatine and Rey's fighting styles. The way she swings, parries and holds her lightsaber. Her ability to absorb anothers force powers. Her not fighting the dark side. Her scaring Luke. All building her up to turn. I think it would take guts from Disney to make her go dark. Can a Mary Sue be dark? Not for nothing the idea of her going dark or her being controlled by Palpatine and Kylo killing her to save her and save the universe would be a great ending. Edited by TonyTricicolo

I read a theory that Palpatine targeted extremely strong force sensitive individuals to be potential vessels for his goal to live forever. He force impregnated Schmi to give birth to Anakin so he could be one of those vessels. After Anakin betrayed him he had to resort to another host. Likely Rey may have been a target. Palpatine is currently in limbo waiting. I think the trailer shows a partial transference of him taking over Rey's body. Rey inevitably turns to the dark side and Kylo back to the light. Kylo kills Rey, takes on the name of Skywalker, and movie ends.

Now this would be good if it came to fruition. Talk about a twist...

Honestly I doubt they'd go to all the trouble of the character design and the new lightsaber etc. just for this to be a short vision. I also doubt this is a clone. Clones just feel like diluting a character (except for the various clone troopers, who's unique identities are intriguing in spite of being clones).

I'm pretty sure this is her dark. Also dark long enough to build a new lightsaber. I also seriously doubt they'll leave her that way/kill her off.

Personally I'm expecting her going dark will push Kylo back to the light, and in doing so he'll also save Rey, happily ever after style.

For all we know, Palpantine was possessed by the spirit of Tenebrae thousands of years later. So if this so called theory makes any sense to you, so would Tenebrae being alive and after his voice in Palpantine was eliminated, he spent a number of years slumbering and reawakening to find Rey.

As with any trailer, it is always taken out of context of where it was seen, for all any of us know, Rey was dreaming and the dream was a warning of how things could happen and she sees a vision of C3 being reprogrammed and herself falling to the darkness.

it might also be a ret-con of the JK storyline where Rey was overpowered at one point, temporarily falling to the darksidie until she broke free, freed c3 and escaped, only to fight Kylo a little later being stronger for the experience.

Just no way to know what is what.

Apparently there was a reference to DS Rey on SW.com that called it a vision.... and has since been removed.

Nothing to see, move along. Wouldnt want to subvert expectations with an actual big plot twist would we.

Edited by aeterno

Like Valkorian/Emperor in the Zakuul story? Taking other vessels to Hollow out and carry himself? I really doubt Disney would Copy an Overall Movie Direction from a Game; It IS Plausible but still a Niche kinda theme. Somehow Sidious *Force.. ed another conception on Rey's mother like Schmi only this time, He is only an entity, even more awkward now (Lucas said Only LS characters get ghosts). An *Interesting Idea though. If Rey dies as a Sith the fans would burn down Disney.

First, if at all it was Darth Plagueis, palpatines master who created the clones (including Anakin) to live forever. as Palpatine says in Episode III: "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life…". He also says, that Plagueis tought his apprentice everything he knew, but thats obvsly a lie, since Palpatine himself (while converting Anakin to the Dark Side) admits that he doesnt know how to save Padme, but that they could work together to find the secret.

(After his defeat in Episode VI, Palpatine was actualy "reborn" into a clone and lived on for some years, but thats part of the EU and officialy not canon anymore. )

Bioware just took some parts of "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise" and created a similar story for Valkorian.

I'm thinking just some force vision of temptation trailer jebait.

This is probably true. It even looks like the cave from Dagobah, where Luke had his force vision.

I agree that this is more than likely where they are headed. IMO this production will draw from a number of the old original concepts to conclude the series.

I also believe that this sort of preview is typical of Disney in releasing a somewhat misleading teaser.

If you look closely the eyes of Rey have not changed... they are still "normal".

I'm not quite sure about the cave of Dagobah … it's difficult for me to tell : even using the expanded screen frame by frame. It could be possible. I thought about using a screen shot of about 3 frames there and using photoshop to clear up some of the grainy pixels and see if that would help.

At any rate.. IMO this is either a "vision" of sorts .. or Rey confronting herself as a dark side persona in much the same fashion as Luke did in the cave at Dagobah. IMO... this could very well be the turning point for Rey to make that sort of commitment to the light side to face whatever lies ahead.

One question that remains for me (and no doubt many others) … is the still somewhat obscured revealing of her parents.

I see one of two possibilities:

* The rise of Skywalker: Rey is a Skywalker and it is finally revealed (only a slight possibility … but is still there) after defeating Kylo.

** Rey is from the background of another notable Jedi or another insurgence of the force and she will be instrumental in turning Kylo Ren back to the light side. Kylo's final act of redemption is not dying so much as it is joining Rey, confronting and defeating the dark lord Palpatine in a final show down. (kind of what I'm personally hoping for).

And yes .. this goes without saying that this is strictly my opinion and something of a preference that I hope to see unfold.

I know and understand that there is still some interesting points to reconcile … but still makes more sense than watching Rey turn to the dark side !

First, if at all it was Darth Plagueis, palpatines master who created the clones (including Anakin) to live forever. as Palpatine says in Episode III: "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life…". He also says, that Plagueis tought his apprentice everything he knew, but thats obvsly a lie, since Palpatine himself (while converting Anakin to the Dark Side) admits that he doesnt know how to save Padme, but that they could work together to find the secret.

(After his defeat in Episode VI, Palpatine was actualy "reborn" into a clone and lived on for some years, but thats part of the EU and officialy not canon anymore. )

Bioware just took some parts of "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise" and created a similar story for Valkorian.

I think Palpatine learnt how to cheat death from Plagueis and then killed him since he no longer needed him, He held back the information so he could manipulate Anakin. He used Padme's death to solidify his grasp over him.

I think Palpatine learnt how to cheat death from Plagueis and then killed him since he no longer needed him, He held back the information so he could manipulate Anakin. He used Padme's death to solidify his grasp over him.

Agreed. Palpatine was as manipulative as they come ! And he knew how to cover his tracks quite well... hence his ability to keep the Jedi in the dark of who he really was until he was ready to tell Anakin. Palpatine was also as arrogant as they come as well. IMO … that was his undoing.

Remember how he bragged about everything unfolding as he had foreseen it !

At any rate … this also contributed to his ability to manipulate everyone around him.

Palpatine preyed on Anakins weakness's "Attachment and Fear". Both big Taboo's in the Jedi.

Attachments to His mother he missed and Padme. Fear of losing them Schmi set that nail and Padme drove the nail all the way in. Palpatine may not have orchestrated the Schmi/Tuskin scene so finely but I do believe he started it. Also I believe Palpatine manipulated the fight scene with Mace Windu to both reinforce the fear of losing Padme (only Palpatine could keep her alive) and Anakin *Had* to watch Mace (Trusted Jedi Council) threaten to kill Palpatine (Killing Padme also in a sense) These drove Anakin to turn on his friends and hate the Jedi; it was all staged to manipulate Anakins already chaotic mind.

I don't believe he truely hated the Jedi, i think that was more an easier excuse to swallow than admitting he hated himself for being not only so weak in the knees regarding love, but he allowed himself to be twisted up so much like that and after what he did and realised he became a monster after being sealed inside that suit, he started feeding off that fear and hatred of himself that he got used to it by blaming others for his own failure as a means of coping with the situation until he finally came to terms with himself by saving Luke from the one being who poisoned his body, mind and soul that whole time and eventuually used his own weakness of love as a strength for once and saw his way out.

It is ironic in what drove anakin insane is what helped him remember he was a good person, so driven was he by his passion and his empathy. It was always there, it never left him even when he did go to the dark side, by showing genuine concern for Luke numerous times through the films.

Sidious was way too trusting for a Sith, he either didn't care or didn't consider his apprentice Vader much of a threat because he believed his apprentice had enough fear in him that he couldn't strike his master. That was his biggest mistake, arrogance or not, it seems Sidious didn't learn everything about being a Sith, and key to being a sith is having a healthy amount of paranoia because people are trying to kill the Sith for being a Sith.

I know there's EU sources on Sheev Palpatine growing up on Naboo, killing his parents and becoming a Sith. I wouldn't mind seeing it visualized in a movie or series. A lot of people dislike the prequel trilogies, but the back story on how Palpatine was able to control the galaxy through deceit and corruption was fantastic. He had the Jedi convinced the Sith were long since gone and he's been sitting right under their noses the entire time. Yoda and Mace were in the same room with in spitting distance and they didn't even sense him. Everyone loves the classic heroes like Luke, Han, and Leia but Palpatine gave substance and purpose to the entire saga. Underrated character and even more so actor(Ian McdDiarmid). One of my favorite.

The Jedi couldn't sense the emperor because the darkness in the force had in effect blinded the Jedi from seeing much in the force. If Sidious had managed this, it almost certainly would of involved his previous apprentice Tyrannus before he was beheaded. The clones all had these biological chips in their heads which could of caused a sort of background hum in the force, much like static, only it is dark side static if you get where i am coming from? So the Kaminoans are complicit in this as much as Tyrannus and Sidious. the CIS forces have spread death and devastation everywhere as well with those droid armies, this contributes to the darkness across the galaxy. You also have Sidious playing games from behind closed doors and wondering how CiS forces are able to intercept Republic forces at times.

If you can imagine it, it would be like a very low laying thick fog in the morning with the sun beating down, but you can't see anything past your hands, and you have ear plugs in your ears and the sunlight is making it difficult to see where you are going in this fog, you feel neurally cold because of the fog is emcompassing you. it is something like that, the Jedi aren't aware of what they are sensing, they know something is out there but can't do much better than that.

Let's not forget that Disney has already laid the groundwork of the name "Skywalker" in the book Thrawn: Alliances (canon).

From screen rant since it is easier to do it this way. "explores the relationship between Thrawn and the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader. The book is divided into two eras; one sees Thrawn's first encounter with a Jedi Master, Anakin Skywalker, in the dying days of the Clone Wars. The other is set shortly before A New Hope, with Palpatine sending Thrawn and Vader on a mission together. Naturally, the two stories are interwoven, and they reveal a whole new Force-power - one that redefines the Skywalker legacy.

In order to understand this new Force-power, you first have to understand a more familiar power; the Jedi's ability to swat blaster bolts aside with ease. Zahn's novel establishes that Jedi can do this because they have a degree of precognition, experiencing what he refers to as a "double vision." There's a split-second in which a Jedi sees both present reality and future threat; this glimpse of the future allows a Jedi to move their lightsaber in position to block a blaster bolt, or to move with preternaturally fast reflexes when facing a physical attack. It's a smart explanation of a basic Force-power, but Zahn then takes this one step further; he introduces the Force-power known as Skywalking.

The bulk of Thrawn: Alliances is set in the Unknown Regions, a place where hyperspace is warped and distorted by supernova chains and perhaps even a collision with a galaxy of dark matter. The spacetime warps created by fluctuating gravity masses make it incredibly dangerous to travel through hyperspace into the Unknown Regions; there are no stable hyperspace routes, and a single mistake can mean your craft crashes into anything from a stray planet to a neutron star. The only safe way to travel through the borders of the Unknown Regions is with a Force-sensitive. Just as a Jedi predicts an incoming blaster bolt, so a Force-sensitive can predict the imminent threat of a gravity mass. Just as a Jedi swats a blaster bolt aside, so a Force-sensitive pilot can maneuver their vessel away from the danger. The Chiss refer to a Force-user who can do this as a "Skywalker," and that prompts a rather amusing reaction from Thrawn when he first meets Anakin Skywalker.

Among the Chiss, only a handful of children - all girls - are born with a sensitivity to the Force, and it weakens with age. That's why, towards the end of Thrawn: Alliances, Grand Admiral Thrawn places Darth Vader in control of his ship. Darth Vader becomes a literal Skywalker, piloting the Chimaera through the turbulent borders of the Unknown Regions in order to pursue the threat of the Grysks.

The irony, of course, is that this deeper meaning to the Skywalker name has been baked into the Star Wars franchise from the start. In A New Hope, Luke turns off his targeting computer during the Death Star run. In that split-second, though Luke doesn't know it, he's blending the use of the Force with piloting - and becoming a true Skywalker. The Empire Strikes Back saw Luke find his own way to Dagobah, piloting the X-wing manually - without putting through any calculations for a hyperspace course. It seems likely the reason Anakin was considered "the best star pilot in the galaxy" is because of his instinctive blend of the Force and his own innate piloting skills.

This, then, is the smartest kind of retcon. It fits perfectly with everything we've seen in the canon, but also adds a new layer of meaning to an established aspect of the canon. It seems both Anakin and Luke really were Skywalkers after all - and not just because of their surnames.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-skywalker-name-meaning/

so in short The Rise of Skywalker is just going to be the name of the next wave of force users in the galaxy

The Jedi couldn't sense the emperor because the darkness in the force had in effect blinded the Jedi from seeing much in the force. If Sidious had managed this, it almost certainly would of involved his previous apprentice Tyrannus before he was beheaded. The clones all had these biological chips in their heads which could of caused a sort of background hum in the force, much like static, only it is dark side static if you get where i am coming from? So the Kaminoans are complicit in this as much as Tyrannus and Sidious. the CIS forces have spread death and devastation everywhere as well with those droid armies, this contributes to the darkness across the galaxy. You also have Sidious playing games from behind closed doors and wondering how CiS forces are able to intercept Republic forces at times.

If you can imagine it, it would be like a very low laying thick fog in the morning with the sun beating down, but you can't see anything past your hands, and you have ear plugs in your ears and the sunlight is making it difficult to see where you are going in this fog, you feel neurally cold because of the fog is emcompassing you. it is something like that, the Jedi aren't aware of what they are sensing, they know something is out there but can't do much better than that.

I have come to see this as a longer lasting process.

Yoda's confrontation with the Wills in clone wars, specifically the 'you are the beast and the beast is you' makes me think more of a process lasting centuries (all the way back to Darth Bane) besides Lucas has affirmed, and especially SWTOR players who have an 'example of a less corrupt republic - (sort of) that most of the prequel jedi's are made to be seen as arrogant or not a '100% hero material'. basically most of them aren't the good guys, its a tragedy in the making and all involved are culpable to a degree. Palpatine does, imo, accelerate a lot the process by providing military jobs to most jedi yes, but this has happened before without in itself 'blinding the high council to the force'

I have come to see this as a longer lasting process.

Yoda's confrontation with the Wills in clone wars, specifically the 'you are the beast and the beast is you' makes me think more of a process lasting centuries (all the way back to Darth Bane) besides Lucas has affirmed, and especially SWTOR players who have an 'example of a less corrupt republic - (sort of) that most of the prequel jedi's are made to be seen as arrogant or not a '100% hero material'. basically most of them aren't the good guys, its a tragedy in the making and all involved are culpable to a degree. Palpatine does, imo, accelerate a lot the process by providing military jobs to most jedi yes, but this has happened before without in itself 'blinding the high council to the force'

I'm only going by what was said by Yoda in the clone wars, that the darkness permiates everything and they can't see much of what is going on. they are worried by what it all means, but i believe they have been more blinded by the darkside than they are willing to accept or admit to. These Jedi in this era are proud but stupid, they fight but not having the information they need on hand, it will get them killed knowing little to nothing of their foes. Of course, when order 66 was enacted, Yoda must of sensed the darkside consuming everything at that point, like that fog i've mentioned was just above his head until it landed on the ground and he started walking around in that fog not knowing where he was going.