Trial and Error achievement: Mind Your Step (Story, Veteran and Master)

In the last few days, I tried to complete the new achievements in the uprising trial and error, but I can not get the achievement at the 2nd boss "mind your step" even though I and my group / companions trigger traps. Did you achieve the achievement? Is there any tricks and tips, or can someone post a video! :D What you have to pay attention ? The blue laser traps are probably not the only traps .....

Be nice if someone describe, how they have done this.

The customer service could not help me or accept the achievement, because they can not check.

Edited by LooprevilQ

up!

Still don't clear for me what those traps are? Only blue beams (lasers)?

When do u get achiv - after first part of fight or after second when u entered the room and kill em there?

Should it be full 4 man group for count or it can be done in 2/3 without a companion?

Cause tried it 3 times and noone touched and stunned from beams but we didn't get achivos.

ANY tip welcome!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Avoid all traps and ask customer support to grant it.

We have avoided all traps at MM at 8 May. I have done ticket. They have rejected it. They said i didnt do this MM Uprising at this day.

This achievement MM is still bugged for now. 23 Dec 2017.

Edited by John_Kar

They have to be careful not to grant stuff to ppl that didnt do it. Not saying that youre lying but either that CS guy was not good with database mamagement or the record really wasnt there.

Anyway, best is to provide proof, video, pics, whatever. Also its good to submit more tickets so more CS ppl see it. In the end you will get a competent person who will grant it.

Edited by EmanoWanga

• 1 year later...
We did it, didn't get cheevo.

Said to CS, we did it, didn't get cheevo.

CS said we did it, gave us cheevo.

Can you please elaborate on what you wrote to the CS?

We did the same thing, but the response from CS was:

"I am sorry to learn that you ran into an issue getting the Master mode " mind your step" achievement.

I am afraid I cannot assist on that occasion. There is no way customer Service can verify whether the conditions of that achievement are fulfilled from our side and we simply cannot grant it."

And that was in spite of the fact, that we sent a video of completing this thing:

All the necessary conditions for the achievement seem to be apparent enough there.

We also cleared it in different ways - 5 times in total. And still didn't get any.

So the achievement in MM is still bugged as of May 2019.

Getting CS to grant any achievement is hard and this one seems to be particularly hard. It's basically trying for a response from either (a) someone who knows the game well and can verify and grant it for you or (b) someone who doesn't know anything and just grants it.

One of the options is making more tickets, but CS may warn you for abusing the system if you do.

Can you please elaborate on what you wrote to the CS?

We did the same thing, but the response from CS was:

"I am sorry to learn that you ran into an issue getting the Master mode " mind your step" achievement.

I am afraid I cannot assist on that occasion. There is no way customer Service can verify whether the conditions of that achievement are fulfilled from our side and we simply cannot grant it."

And that was in spite of the fact, that we sent a video of completing this thing:

All the necessary conditions for the achievement seem to be apparent enough there.

We also cleared it in different ways - 5 times in total. And still didn't get any.

So the achievement in MM is still bugged as of May 2019.

The thing with CS is that it really depends on whom you will get to answer your ticket. Sometimes you get noobs, like in your case, but sometimes you get real proffesionals who can fix anything in record time. Sometimes they answer that you already got it granted or a few times I even got a live chat with the person asking me to log off and he will complete the achievo and then I can log back in.

What you need to realize is that the CS is for more games, not just swtor its EA support so not all the people are familiar with all the games. Yes it sucks, but it is as it is. What you need to do is keep trying. However, as @Randomno said, this sometimes also leads to CS claiming you are abusing the ticket system so hard to say.

What you need to realize is that the CS is for more games, not just swtor its EA support so not all the people are familiar with all the games. Yes it sucks, but it is as it is.

I didn't know that, thank you for the information.

What you need to do is keep trying.

I have created a follow-up ticket with the detailed explanation of how meeting all the achievement objectives can be verified by the video I provided. That ticket was closed without any answers. Just a generic statement:

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us...

Our development team are always interested to hear suggestions..."

I'll keep trying anyway. But unfortunately the last time I remember the customer service be of any help was more then two years ago already.

I didn't know that, thank you for the information.

I have created a follow-up ticket with the detailed explanation of how meeting all the achievement objectives can be verified by the video I provided. That ticket was closed without any answers. Just a generic statement:

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us...

Our development team are always interested to hear suggestions..."

I'll keep trying anyway. But unfortunately the last time I remember the customer service be of any help was more then two years ago already.

If you have the details about it, video, pics etc simply send it to support@swtor.com you have to be specific about it and they should answer. In game ticket is not always the only way.

• 2 weeks later...
If you have the details about it, video, pics etc simply send it to support@swtor.com you have to be specific about it and they should answer. In game ticket is not always the only way.

Thank you for the advice, but sadly that didn't help either. In return for the sent video with the description of how it can verify meeting all the criteria for the achievement, I got the following reply:

"You did not get the achievement Mind your step for which you have uploaded a video.

I read with great attention your detailed report.

I regrattebaly have to inform you, that this particular achievement cannot be granted by Customer service, and the Mind your step achievement is already monitored at studio level."

Whatever the "monitoring at studio level" actually means...

Edited by Lord_Taurus

Thank you for the advice, but sadly that didn't help either. In return for the sent video with the description of how it can verify meeting all the criteria for the achievement, I got the following reply:

"You did not get the achievement Mind your step for which you have uploaded a video.

I read with great attention your detailed report.

I regrattebaly have to inform you, that this particular achievement cannot be granted by Customer service, and the Mind your step achievement is already monitored at studio level."

Whatever the "monitoring at studio level" actually means...

Well, looking at the video I see no traps popped, but the way you did the final phase is a bit "untraditional". I mean, I am no expert in this but maybe do a pull when you will be on the ground like its supposed to be done. Sure, I should have no effect on the achievement, but just saying..... When we did it, I speced healer so we were 2 heals, 1 tank (sin) and one Merc dps. What we did was run around the room like crazy, but we were on the ground.

Anyway, as for CS his statement is wrong, since quite a few people got this via CS so it is grantable. Normaly I would tell you to try sending it again, but thats again the issue with "overloading CS with same issues". If all fails write to Eric and Keith about it.

maybe do a pull when you will be on the ground like its supposed to be done.

Sure, we'll try that next time we will be doing this fight. We also have some other ideas about what can be done differently. But it is quite hard to get the whole team together since all of us are busy with work, so, for now, there is no other option than to try to get the desired answer from the developers. And to be fair, we have already spent quite a lot of time on different runs successfully clearing this fight with different tactics. It's just that only one of them was recorded.

Anyway, as for CS his statement is wrong, since quite a few people got this via CS so it is grantable.

When I asked directly about it, I got this reply:

"I would not trust too much the forums, or do not take them for granted.

I have read once in the forums that "elephants can fly"!!! you can get much information on these , but none are filetered, nor verified!!!!"

Which is just plain ridiculous.

Normaly I would tell you to try sending it again, but thats again the issue with "overloading CS with same issues". If all fails write to Eric and Keith about it.

Can you please direct me how to do that? I've got about 9 answers from CS already, and all of the non-automated ones (both for tickets and emails) seem to be written by the same person (judging by the name at least). Maybe they track these things now, maybe I was just very unlucky. But anyway I don't see a point in proceeding in that direction.

Edited by Lord_Taurus

Can you please direct me how to do that? I've got about 9 answers from CS already, and all of the non-automated ones (both for tickets and emails) seem to be written by the same person (judging by the name at least). Maybe they track these things now, maybe I was just very unlucky. But anyway I don't see a point in proceeding in that direction.

PM Eric

PM Keith

When I asked directly about it, I got this reply:

"I would not trust too much the forums, or do not take them for granted.

I have read once in the forums that "elephants can fly"!!! you can get much information on these , but none are filetered, nor verified!!!!"

Which is just plain ridiculous.

Heh well, what reason would we have to lie about it? In our case 2 people in the group got the achievement, but me and another one didnt so we wrote a ticket saying that 2 people from our group got it and we didnt, so we want them to grant it to us too. First ticket said, they cant, the second one said he I will have it when I login and that was true.

So basically you could say our situation was a bit different as the achievement did pop for half of the group, this was some time ago and shortly after it achievement was introduced.

Wait, really?

If I remember correctly it might have been only one person that got it. Honestly, if I had the people for it, I would try it my self if its attainable. I have an account without the achievement where I could try it. Its also easier now due to higher max gear available.

If I remember correctly it might have been only one person that got it. Honestly, if I had the people for it, I would try it my self if its attainable. I have an account without the achievement where I could try it. Its also easier now due to higher max gear available.

I think you mentioned that some people got it in your group before and I forgot about it. The thing is if it's possible in any way then it's not unobtainable. But I've seen so many reports, multiple videos, it all suggests there's no way to get it.

If it is possible though, what are people doing differently in MM that causes it not to grant?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you.

Heh well, what reason would we have to lie about it?

I believe you. It's just that the person from CS acts very silly and unreasonably here.

First ticket said, they cant, the second one said he I will have it when I login and that was true.

Would you be so kind as to provide a number of that second ticket? Maybe I will be able to get more details on that from CS then.

Wait, really?

After posting in this thread I got a couple of whispers in-game, saying that they also got the achievement by just doing the upr. So it seems that this achievement is still having a small chance of unlocking normally, in spite of being bugged most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

So uh, I've done it on story mode (I finally have time to deal with the uprisings achievos) and got no achievement, managed to get the other 2, thankfully. I don't want to have to go through this ordeal on Master Mode however, this boss on MM is very unforgiving, that green AOE murders us in less than 3 seconds and doing it with companions is a big no no.

I've asked a CS for help and he completely ignored my request and told me to write it on the forums. >_>

I'll try one more time on Story then Vet and if the achievement doesn't pop, well, I'll write again and hope I'll get a nicer CSR. *sigh*

Trial and Error is THE Uprising giving us the most trouble, all other Uprisings we managed to 2 man and get all achievements but damn these are tough and buggy. :(

If anyone please would be willing to lend us a hand with this Uprising that would be awesome, at least for Master Mode and that 4 players transformed as Rakghoul. We're on Star Forge.