With a new WZ, is it time for an 8 man and 4 man queue.

TrixxieTriss

This has been a contentious topic since they implemented arena. There have people who always said we didn’t have enough maps or it would kill the queues. But since the mergers and the incentives to play pvp, we now have more people in the queues than 18 months ago and more than enough maps.

We have a new map and we’ve had three objective and 1 arena map added since Arena was introduced, IMO, we now have enough maps and people in the queue to warrant two seperate queues.

One for Arena 4 man

One for Objective 8 man

This means people can queue for the type of pvp they prefer.

Not everyone likes objectives and when they pop one, they won’t take it seriously and will run around death matching.

Not everyone likes Arena death matches and when they pop, they either requeue and leave you with half a team or they don’t try and win.

Neither situation is healthy for pvp and encourages people to rage at others and leads to more toxic pvp. By having two queues, everyone can choose and know that people in their matches want to play the mechanics of the map the way they were designed.

The argument could also be made to have all WZs cross faction. This would also improve queue pops and make having two queues better.

If they could implement it, I'd be all for it.

I'm only one case but you do point out an instance for me in your post. When I do wind up doing Ranked that's where my mindset is. When I do Unranked, I honestly don't want to Deathmatch. I prefer the objective based stuff then even if we're getting face rolled. In that respect, I'd welcome an added 4 man queue if it meant not pulling an Arena Unranked when I'd rather not be doing Deathmatches.

I think it'd possibly help out Ranked too. It would actually give you a reason to have the Unranked 4 man arenas in there for the sole purpose of "practice for Ranked" if you feel like queuing up for both 8 and 4 man anyway.

Not sure if I've helped your point or not. But I'd support seeing it happen. Because if the game can't support it in the state we're in now... we're in real trouble.

So I start this conversation in the general section because that is where most people go in the forums these days (pvp section is dead). Especially for newbie people. But CS in their wisdom move the thread here where only a handful people will see it and us long term players have all discussed it before. This was supposed to be a new discussion for the fresh meat in the game or fresh pvpers.

At every turn we see CS not understanding the population, the game, items in the game and so on. Why can’t they just leave a thread alone that isn’t hurting anyone by being in the general section.

I feel like making the same thread in the gen section again, but I know it will just get me reported and banned. We need some realistic avenue of recourse when CS get too heavy handed or move things that shouldn’t need to be moved.

How are we supposed to respond when something like this happens. We are not allowed to question them publically on their decisions, but we have no way to protest or dispute a decision they make.

So what to do?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

No. The deterrent to creating separate queues has never been the number of warzones or arenas. The issue has always been population. Splitting the population isn't good, so you either need to increase the overall population to make it worth it or remove one of the two queues entirely.

No. The deterrent to creating separate queues has never been the number of warzones or arenas. The issue has always been population. Splitting the population isn't good, so you either need to increase the overall population to make it worth it or remove one of the two queues entirely.

If you make all WZs cross faction like Odessen and Yavin, then you fix that population problem.