Preferred Player Status

MidnightsRequiem

I started to play Tor the day it opened up, I had even gotten into a beta or two for the game. After a few months of playing I took a break, and haven't been back since. Though upon hearing it was going f2p, i got rather excited, I enjoyed the game and wanted to come back, but thanks to my lack of funds, I was unable to. So I was told that, because I had played and paid for the game before, that I would get Preferred Player status, which would remove/lessen a few of the normal f2p restrictions. After logging in, I have not seen anything that has shown me anything lessened... so I was curious as to what it is exactly that is lessened or removed. Or has the preferred player status not been given out yet? Does anyone have any answers or know anything about this? I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this. Thank you kindly

Einehart

I've played this game using the free lvl 15 trial, waiting for the day when this game would go free. Finally, today it did and I'm so disappointed. First off, F2P is horrendous for the stuff u have to buy. Options to hide head slot? Unify colors? 2 quickbars...granted I know F2P needs restrictions, but they're a little much.

Now that that's out of the way, my real meaning for posting here is to argue about the so called "preferred" player. Preferred players are still just as gimped as F2P players. If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that. I recently dropped 20 to get some cartel points and get preferred membership and I was even more disappointed. There's a lot more that I could go on about but I'm not trying to make a wall of text.

I believe that Bioware needs to rework their F2P and preferred statuses, as it stands right now, this game isn't enticing to new players. It's deterring.

I've played this game using the free lvl 15 trial, waiting for the day when this game would go free. Finally, today it did and I'm so disappointed. First off, F2P is horrendous for the stuff u have to buy. Options to hide head slot? Unify colors? 2 quickbars...granted I know F2P needs restrictions, but they're a little much.

Now that that's out of the way, my real meaning for posting here is to argue about the so called "preferred" player. Preferred players are still just as gimped as F2P players. If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that. I recently dropped 20 to get some cartel points and get preferred membership and I was even more disappointed. There's a lot more that I could go on about but I'm not trying to make a wall of text.

I believe that Bioware needs to rework their F2P and preferred statuses, as it stands right now, this game isn't enticing to new players. It's deterring.

Why did you not just drop $15 on the subscription to get it all? What you did... /facepalm.

Edited by TheBBP

You already dropped $20 and still aren't happy? I think their model is working exactly as intended. Its a money making scheme. If it wasn't obvious for the past 11 months of this game, EA doesn't care about its player base and wants and needs, they just care about your money.

If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that.

But the free trial was only until Level 15 and only had a few nerfs compared to a full subscriber. This is all the way to 50. That is a HUGE difference in terms of time spent on the game, and if you're intending to play free, then being more nerfed than you were during the trial is the tradeoff for getting to play what many consider to be the best part of the game without paying a dime.

I was subscribed till the end of August but actually stopped playing around June, the lure of FTP made me want to take another look to see how the game has progressed with a hope to a possible subscription again.

First impression was disappointment to see that the email I received saying I had received cartel coins for the previous subscription can only be unlocked by subscribing again! I subscribe to Lotro and don't use the coins I receive there so I don't see the point, cosmetics really don't interest me tbh.

I also can only see two ability bars on the bottom of the screen and as far as i can see I have to pay coins to unlock the extra two toolbars I used down the side, I can't see half my abilities anymore. If Bioware want to lure people back to the game who subscribed in the beginning why don't they allow us to see the game we used to play, I can completely understand content and a few other things being for current subscribers only, it makes perfect sense, but toolbars! come on Bioware give us some basics to play, make us want to subscribe again!

Why did you not just drop $15 on the subscription to get it all? What you did... /facepalm.

Because supposedly the subscription model is cursed and is driving away huge numbers of players who do not want to commit.. or so we're told :D

How are they supposed to take you seriously when you are admittedly not wanting to resub?

Well ofcourse he doesn't want to resub, they've taken away his ability to use half his abilities and stripped his game down. Loads of people who were subscribed will come back to check out the f2p see what f2p has become and quit because they were discouraged from their initial experiences. Just face it, EA dropped the bomb in enticing old members back, they could have at least offered 7-14 days free full subscriber access so they can properly see the current state of game without spending anything first.. seeing how BW/EA have made a huge deal of how non committed every MMO gamer is these days, you'd have thought they'd have taken that into account on their big f2p release day.

This was addressed quite recently and specifically by the Community Team not long ago. I know where the info was posted, and when, and by whom and could even provide a link if I cared to.

A couple weeks ago, I would have been happy to do all of the above, confident that my helpfulness to the Community Team was noticed and appreciated. But as matters stand, until we get a substantive update on pending same-gender content, for which we have been asking since January, I am all done doing the scut work for lazy people who can't look up their own info.

I'll say it was a BioWare post on these forums, but that is as much of a hint as you get. Do your own homework, moocher.

actually the idea of giving F2P 14days of unlimmited acces isn´t bad. Ofc it should come with a warning when they e.x. create their 3rd char that only 1 of them will be locked if they continue to be F2P. When they buy extra bagspace or put something in cargobay they get a hint that if they continue to be F2P this will be limited, just make sure that people are warned about what stuff will be limited when the 14day unlimited acces expire.

That's IT! BioWare and Electronic Arts won't gimme, gimme, gimme all their hard work for FREE! They're just out to get into my wallet. (Otherwise defined as a "business plan" for a "positive cash-flow position".) I expected them to let me have the same game that I used to pay $15/month for absolutely nothing. I can't believe they designed this to try to get me to spend money! So therefore, in lieu of the fact that I really enjoy the game, I..... /ragequit. :eek: