Can I mail items between factions?

Kboogle

If I have some characters on both sides, can I mail items to myself between them? Specifically, I want to take some gathering/crafting crew skills on opposite sides and be able to supply each other. Is that possible?

If I have some characters on both sides, can I mail items to myself between them? Specifically, I want to take some gathering/crafting crew skills on opposite sides and be able to supply each other. Is that possible?

Yes you can, however you need to be able to spell the other characters name exactly as the mail to helper won't appear for toons on the other faction (on the flip side, if you do spell it wrong, it will give a pop up letting you know the player is not in your legacy).

Probably easier though is to get a legacy cargo hold in your stronghold, or check your guilds stronghold/ship, those almost always have legacy cargo holds. Those are much easier to send things back and forth as you can just put it in, and then anyone in your legacy can take it out.

The cheapest stronghold is only 5000 credits. Even if you don't care about the decorating aspect it is well worth it for the fast travel to the fleet and capital world (with no cool down). And you get a free legacy cargo hold and mailbox which adds much convenience.

Later on when you get some more credits (or CC) you can get a GTN kiosk, regular cargo hold, and guild bank. Even if these are the only items you ever put in it the 5000 credit investment is well worth it.

i use the faction specific strongholds specifically for this. in the first room, I have my Legacy & Standard cargo holds; GTN kiosk; and mailbox. i also dropped one of the merchants for a quick way to sell un wanted items quicker.

I have all five tabs for the legacy storage and use it to store just my crafting materials with some space left over on tab one to make it easier to transfer items from one toon to the next. the best part of the legacy storage is that both factions can access the items and toss items there as well. would be great, though, if they would offer a "bank" option to enable storage of credits, but we may see that later in life.

Tip: if you are having trouble remembering how to spell one of your toons names...open up your legacy window and go to "family tree." as you can see, i have exotic spellings so i do this often.

It is also good to enable the setting (found in preferences) to make the game warn you if you send mail outside the legacy, friendslist or guild. It has happened to many players that sent items wrong with characters that have exotic spelling, check the forum and you will see :tran_smile: Edited by Icestar

You have a Stronghold? They are wonderful Quality of Life adds to the game.

When you hit L15, you get access to a stronghold. Clicky statue on fleet or homeworld. Buy one of the 5K credit ones (Dromund Kaas, Coruscant). Go there. Soon after, you get a flurry of mails. One of them contains a Legacy Storage Bay "decoration", and some other goodies, like a mailbox.

You can get additional Legacy bays from the Cartel Market or GTN.

You'll also want to get a regular cargo bay decoration, and maybe a guild bank (if you're in a guild). And a GTN terminal. Get them on GTN under ... "decorations". They aren't cheap (~300K on my server), but well worth it.

Yes, but just get a strong hold and use the legacy storage :) any of your toons can use them starting at lvl 1 , just cross faction SH charges you to go their . so get the basic ones and you covered;)

I hate to point this out, but it would have taken less time to try it, than it did to type in this post. :)

You could have just tried to mail a text message, with no attachments, to see if it worked.

But anyway, to answer the second question, Legacy Storage comes free with a Stronghold. Also, don't forget to do the small "quest" you get from the Holo-statue (near the SH terminals) to get some more free decorations.

Yes you can send a mail to the other faction but be careful of the spelling of the name. I always send it COD for 10 credits, this way it'll come back in 3 days if not picked up. It can be really easy to misspell the name and once its sent and they pick it up that's it.

I find it easier sometimes to just put it in the Legacy cargo bay and then your characters can just pick it up. If you have a cross faction stronghold there is no fee for the other faction to enter. You need to be l5 though to get a stronghold. But with 12XP that comes pretty fast.

I also put most of my purple mats in my Legacy cargo bay so all my characters can use them.

Yes you can send a mail to the other faction but be careful of the spelling of the name. I always send it COD for 10 credits, this way it'll come back in 3 days if not picked up. It can be really easy to misspell the name and once its sent and they pick it up that's it.

Use the built in option that pops up a warning when you send mail to someone unknown, then you do not have to worry about the spelling.