Amateur raid night

Come one, come all, to amateur raid night! New 50, old 50, it doesn't matter as long as someone in your group is trying to put with level 35 blues! Enrage timers? What are those? Never mind that your healer can refill half your health with his small heal! DPS is overrated anyways. We're just here to carry you through!

Lost island? Not a problem. Tier 2 flashpoint just means it's a bonus group! Not like it's more difficult or anything. Technical stuff just means more running. Level 39 blue mods are perfect. Enrage timers are chump change. If your healer can't handle that, he's probably a scrub and shouldn't be running this till he comes back with 63s.

...Seriously, though. I have no problems with 2x xp weekends. I am glad not to have to grind planet quests for the fifth (or lower planets the sixth or seventh) time. But when you hit 50...get some freaking gear. At least have level 50 epics. They're cheap! Do Corellia storyline quests for cash. Or...CHECK YOUR FREAKING MAIL. You get a free set of 51 epics, which is more than enough to do any T1 HM flashpoint, with the possible exception of Kaon.

I know everyone is excited for 50, but trying to do endgame content in level 31 gear is just going to be an exercise in frustration, and end up with you getting kicked. Call me an elitist slob if you want...but all I'm asking for is some gear with "50" under the level requirement slot.

"Epics" are purple mods. Artifact-level equipment. Sorry, one of my guildies calls them epics and I picked it up from him.

I play on Prophecy of the Five, and it was back-to-back evening raids (6-8 or so server time). The first raid was with a sniper in mostly level 41 mods and the second was a Lost Island run with a sorc in no better than level 31s. Mostly my issue is not with people in endgame (or close) gear, my issue is people power levelling and then deciding they're too good to sink any money into their class and trying to jump straight into hardmodes. In the gear they had they can't have finished their class story even.

EDIT: I misunderstood your post. :p feel free to pm me a character name and we can faceroll against some endgame mobs together. Maybe we can even pug a storymode raid!

Edited by Ryluk_Shouja

EDIT: I misunderstood your post. :p feel free to pm me a character name and we can faceroll against some endgame mobs together. Maybe we can even pug a storymode raid!

Lol, I know sarcasm doesn't do well in text format, but was gonna say....

But to your OP, I don't know if it is just ignorance of the game or not. But possible that they don't know about the Tionese gear - I didn't until a guildie asked me why I was still wearing Foundry and Reaper drops (with updated mods of course, so I wasn't that bad).

No one ever gave me a hard time about my gear at all in the few HMs I did before I got that info, but then again I wasn't doing anything dumb or dying a lot either

In the gear they had they can't have finished their class story even.
But they pay their money, they are owed to be carried to gear.

People shouldn't enter HMFP or Operations until they at least have 50 gear and know their abilities.

First flashpoint of any kind I did on my sentinel was HM LI, first Operation I did was HM EC, both were done before I even started my class missions on Corellia. Of course, I had completed both many times on other toons and I was full optimized Campaign/BH with a few pieces of 63 (Hilts, Armor in belt and bracers). Hit 50 almost the exact moment I set foot on Corellia and had already mailed the gear from other toons over to this alt. I was still nervous doing HM LI as a fresh 50 even in not so fresh gear. However, gear and my knowledge of the instances more than made up for my lack of experience with that particular class. Stll would not have done it, but it was a guild run....Like all my HM LI runs.

Yep, how bout a Gunslinger trying to get through Black Hole with 13k health? in blues no doubt..(i dont know really I didn't stay around long enough to check his gear).

Awesome!!!!

I did BH and Ilum on my fresh 50 trooper in level 49 and lower gear, even soloed darkness. No deaths. It isn't like any of the dailies are difficult. My HP is a little under 13K. I don't see the problem, since I was soloing it. Had I been attempting to do group content though, I would have gotten better gear first. I just don't want to gear up too much until I finish the Corellia planet story. But I do want to start saving daily comms. Edited by mikebevo

Yep, how bout a Gunslinger trying to get through Black Hole with 13k health? in blues no doubt..(i dont know really I didn't stay around long enough to check his gear).

Awesome!!!!

meh. Ilum/Corellia dailies can be done in pretty crappy gear. I've done the Ilum/Belsavis dailies numerous times on L47 characters as the XP is significantly better than class quests (especially Ilum since most of the missions are super short and give good XP). They usually have around 13k health at that level. As long as you don't get sloppy or aggro 2 groups, it's not tough.

BH, at least Empire side, you never have to fight anything harder than a strong/normal or an elite by yourself. The heroic is also quite easy. They can all easily be done "sub-par" gear.